Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2020, 02:18 PM

20 posts, read 12,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefpatty View Post
I'm doing great, happy holidays. glad everything worked out for you. seems like the heating and mail situation got handled. the only current issue is lack of key fobs.
Hey thanks, Concerning the key fobs I was told I could go pick mine up in the other building 2044 but I hate having to go over there and ringing random bells just to get in. If they truly had an office area then they should have a separate buzzer for that space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2020, 04:18 PM

16 posts, read 26,791 times
I had a leak in my living room ceiling. Started in the trap door in the kitchen and traveled to the living room creating a bubble. The fixed the ceiling and so far no more leaks.

Old 12-12-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie719 View Post
I had a leak in my living room ceiling. Started in the trap door in the kitchen and traveled to the living room creating a bubble. The fixed the ceiling and so far no more leaks.
Really that's insane. At least they fixed the issue. Mine was in the living room almost 2 weeks ago supposedly due to me and others living on the 6th floor underneath a terrace that go trapped/backed up with water. I think 2 or 3 other apartments had leaks. So I was told to wait a week and they will fix it/patch up the holes. This was to allow the roof to dry but I spoke to the super a week or so later and he said he had to wait for the repairs guys to get back to him. Smh I'm concerned because this is my first place and I'm still furnishing it with new things. And I really want my things to last that's the best way to save.

Old 12-17-2020, 02:18 AM

33 posts, read 24,037 times
Does anyone have pictures of an apartment at 2035 newbold??
Is it updated? How are the appliances?

Old 12-17-2020, 08:50 PM

1 posts, read 565 times
Hi, I’ve been selected for further processing and I was wondering if the two bedroom or three bedroom apartments have 2 bathrooms in it. I noticed on a couple of websites that it’s 2 beds and 2 baths.

Old 12-18-2020, 01:44 PM

86 posts, read 76,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snique View Post
Does anyone have pictures of an apartment at 2035 newbold??
Is it updated? How are the appliances?
kitchen appliance are white & GE brand which includes, a fridge freezer, electric stove/oven & hood. granite counters. some are open kitchen some are sectioned.

the AC/Heat comes from a PTAC unit. its electric for the AC, the Heat is supplied by the building but the fan that circulate the air is still electric.

the ceiling has the popcorn texture and the flooring is faux wood vinyl planks.

if you look at one of my past post i link a video of a quick walk through of a 1BR https://streamable.com/3tpn3n

Last edited by beefpatty; 12-18-2020 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: add link

Old 12-18-2020, 01:49 PM

86 posts, read 76,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatim419 View Post
Hi, I’ve been selected for further processing and I was wondering if the two bedroom or three bedroom apartments have 2 bathrooms in it. I noticed on a couple of websites that it’s 2 beds and 2 baths.
I've seen a 2 bedroom with only 1 bath. I heard there's 3 bedrooms with 2 baths

Old 12-25-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Hey, Marie Merry Christmas I was just wondering with the heavy rains last night if you had a leak or any dampness in your ceiling? Unfortunately, I woke up again my ceiling was worst than before. It even has paint and whatever else hanging from the ceiling now steeping into the vent system.

At this point do people just request a new unit? Because for a new building this is a bit much. Thank God everything I had in that corner was washable.

Again wishing everyone a safe Holiday and Merry Christmas!

Old 12-26-2020, 12:48 PM

16 posts, read 26,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLESSED&FAVORED View Post
Hey, Marie Merry Christmas I was just wondering with the heavy rains last night if you had a leak or any dampness in your ceiling? Unfortunately, I woke up again my ceiling was worst than before. It even has paint and whatever else hanging from the ceiling now steeping into the vent system.

At this point do people just request a new unit? Because for a new building this is a bit much. Thank God everything I had in that corner was washable.

Again wishing everyone a safe Holiday and Merry Christmas!
Happy Holidays! I actually noticed another leak in the living room closet. It may have been apart of the other leak and I didn’t notice. The leak ran down my kitchen to my living room and must have went through the closet too..

Old 01-01-2021, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Happy Holidays! I actually noticed another leak in the living room closet. It may have been apart of the other leak and I didn’t notice. The leak ran down my kitchen to my living room and must have went through the closet too..
Happy New year! All I can say at this point at least we survived through the venting process all while a pandemic is going on. I think I vaguely remembered them talking about the pipe in my living room stretching out to the Kitchen area where the pantry closet is. We may have the same issue only mine is in the living room near my big beautiful windows which sucks. If you haven't already let them know and document everything. Others have mentioned the same leak issues to me in passing. It seems as though the infrastructure is better in other areas of the building than some.

I hope your issue will get resolved soon. I'm still waiting to hear back on when they can get back to me about patching up the hole in my ceiling it's definitely noticeable and unsettling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery