Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 07:58 AM

23 posts, read 18,817 times

Advertisements

Happy Monday! Are there any updates on this development? I passed by last week and the Newbold building looked pretty much done but I didn't see a certificate of occupancy. Has anyone moved in or moved forward with the process?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 04:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,019 times
Has anyone seen a two bedroom at 2035?

Old 06-29-2020, 07:19 AM

86 posts, read 75,892 times
checked Buildings Information System doesn't look like they have the certificate of occupancy yet.

Old 07-08-2020, 10:29 AM

Hi everyone! So i just checked the NYC Department of Buildings website and the building got a temporary certificate of occupancy. Hopefully they will start reaching out to people to move in soon. Here is the website:

C/O PDF View

Old 07-08-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire430 View Post
Has anyone seen a two bedroom at 2035?
No, i havent seen any of the apartments

Old 07-22-2020, 07:16 PM

101 posts, read 159,473 times
Default Got an Email

My sister got an email asking for documents today and they only gave her 5 days to get and send them.
All the lotteries give two weeks to get the documents together. She receives SSI and getting the awards letter will take a week in the mail. I don't understand why the short amount of days. It is impossible to get everything in time.

Old 07-22-2020, 07:19 PM

46 posts, read 46,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divina50 View Post
My sister got an email asking for documents today and they only gave her 5 days to get and send them.
All the lotteries give two weeks to get the documents together. She receives SSI and getting the awards letter will take a week in the mail. I don't understand why the short amount of days. It is impossible to get everything in time.
That is weird is this the first time she’s getting contacted. Does she have a good long number or preferences?

Old 07-22-2020, 08:56 PM

86 posts, read 75,892 times
Quote:
I finally got contacted for my information as well on Tuesday. Is there any way your sister can access her SSI info online?

Old 07-23-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Congrats!! I’ll suggest sending as many documents in as possible and explaining to them that the SSI award letter is still in transit. I think if she has open communication with them, they should give her an extension. What log # is she?

Old 07-31-2020, 09:31 PM

101 posts, read 159,473 times
Hi, My sister reminded me she had an interview for an apt in September of last year. She could not bring them a letter from the landlord because the ******* does not give out leases or notarized letters. She only got him to write a letter saying she lived in the apt. They never call her back so we assumed she lost the apt.

Now I wrote a long email explaining the situation with each document. We sent what documents we had attached to the email on the fifth day. They emailed my sister back the next day saying that they will wait until they call her log# and see if we had all the documents in. Her log number is in the high 7500. She is disabled
and has section 8. I hope she gets an apt, for her evil landlord is kicking everyone out of the building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery