Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 10:10 AM

86 posts, read 76,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divina50 View Post
Hi, My sister reminded me she had an interview for an apt in September of last year. She could not bring them a letter from the landlord because the ******* does not give out leases or notarized letters. She only got him to write a letter saying she lived in the apt. They never call her back so we assumed she lost the apt.

Now I wrote a long email explaining the situation with each document. We sent what documents we had attached to the email on the fifth day. They emailed my sister back the next day saying that they will wait until they call her log# and see if we had all the documents in. Her log number is in the high 7500. She is disabled
and has section 8. I hope she gets an apt, for her evil landlord is kicking everyone out of the building.
Her time line looks correct or at least very similar to mine with a log number of mid 200s with no preference. I did my interview early October and wasn't asked for my final up to date documents till late July. I don't think the missing landlord letter was an issue, since other documents can compensate for proof of residency. if you were missing any vital documents they would have contacted you. now i think we wait for the city to clear our paper work to be offered a lease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2020, 12:51 PM

i did a viewing today, the building is alright. reminds me of a minimal hotel. The studio and 1 bedroom are smaller than what i'm used to, OK for a single person, cramped for a couple and over all not very inviting for guest when it comes to floor space. the hook up for Comcast and Verizon is set up in the closet walls. bathroom has average tub and pretty wide medicine cabinet/mirror. the lights are installed against the walls. The AC/Heat are in a radiator type unit under the window. the stove is electric. building heat is gas. building access is through a key fob, with a camera feature on the buzzer.

the bike room has direct access from the lobby and separate doorway to the streets. the laundry room has 2 access points as well, lobby and back yard which is nice place to wait while your load is running. managing garbage is pretty easy. each floor has a room that hold paper, plastic/metal, general large items, and a chute for regular trash. The super is nice and lives in the Newbold building.

Even though i got to see the 1 bedroom i'm going to living in the studio since Wavecrest is still fulfilling CB preference quotas, since some CB have dropped out during my viewing.

Old 08-07-2020, 07:28 AM

23 posts, read 18,838 times
Thanks for the update beefpatty!

Old 08-14-2020, 04:11 PM

11 posts, read 7,045 times
I saw a studio yesterday in the Newbold building. I haven't signed a lease yet though. I'm assuming I'll be doing that within the next week. They just called and told me to meet the super and he'll show me the apartment. He was real nice.

Old 08-14-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indicabadu View Post
I saw a studio yesterday in the Newbold building. I haven't signed a lease yet though. I'm assuming I'll be doing that within the next week. They just called and told me to meet the super and he'll show me the apartment. He was real nice.
Hector was so nice, right? i saw the studio last Thursday, haven't heard back yet. whats your feeling about the size of the studio?

Old 08-14-2020, 07:49 PM

He was super nice, seems real chill. Well, this would be my first apartment and I think it's a decent size. I think it's a good space to be able to play around with and make cozy. But if you already have an ideal apartment in your mind, I guess it could be off putting. I called the office today and the lady said that Tara, the person who handles the leasing is out until Monday. Fingers crossed we'll hear back from them soon

Old 08-15-2020, 08:33 AM

it's a first for me also. i'm downsizing from my parents house so its going to be a challenge for me, but i plan on incorporating a loft in mine so i can still have a bed, desk, couch and coffee table.

Old 08-15-2020, 09:11 AM

Yeah I can understand that. I haven't had a stable living condition in quite a while, I'll be happy just to call the place my own. The ceilings are definitely high enough to do that. I was thinking of getting on of those tables that fold up onto the wall to save some space also. It's got potential, and all the necessities.

Old 08-16-2020, 06:35 PM

23 posts, read 18,838 times
How are the appliances? Are you able to upload any pics of the apartment?

Old 08-16-2020, 06:56 PM

typical fridge/freezer. the stove is electric coil. cabinets look good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery