Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 07:47 AM

20 posts, read 12,527 times

Advertisements

Hey,

Has anyone applied to other developments using the new website?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2021, 01:48 PM

11 posts, read 7,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLESSED&FAVORED View Post
Hey,

I have, only one though

Old 02-05-2021, 07:44 PM

51 posts, read 74,600 times
Quote:
Hey,

Yes all that I am qualified for

Old 03-17-2021, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indicabadu View Post
I have, only one though
Hey sorry I haven't been back in a while work has picked up with everyone becoming relaxed with "quarantine" I have not applied for anything since I'm pretty comfortable with the neighborhood. I should try though because lots of my friends are interested now that see the difference between public housing and HUD affordable housing.

Old 03-22-2021, 02:23 PM

8 posts, read 6,028 times
i got called in november for a 2 bedroom apartment. was approved by HPD and all. when i went to see the building. i rejercted it. i drive and the parking was horrible, plus i would be spending more out of pocket because to get to work i would have to pay tolls and more gas. process took 2 weeks.

Old 04-18-2021, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyrmaf View Post
i got called in november for a 2 bedroom apartment. was approved by HPD and all. when i went to see the building. i rejercted it. i drive and the parking was horrible, plus i would be spending more out of pocket because to get to work i would have to pay tolls and more gas. process took 2 weeks.
Yeah so if I may, did they offer another apartment within the WestchesterMews management? I get it though most people try to make their commute as short as possible. I'm currently looking into pivoting from my current career field to a job that allows a flexible work-from-home schedule.

Old 08-05-2021, 09:50 AM

Hello all!

Has anyone had problems with the super of the two buildings?

Old 08-08-2021, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indicabadu View Post
Hello all!

Has anyone had problems with the super of the two buildings?

Gurrrlll lol (or man) listen I've heard good things and bad. Following up on things is not his strong suit for sure and I hate to annoy anyone that says they are going to do something and forget. Also, I hate to call the repairs line and send an endless amount of emails especially when I do that enough with work.

So as a suggestion if you want is to grab him whenever you see him in the lobby early in the morning. I don't think he fully knew how much effort it would require of him and his family to be involved as a live-in super. My friends can go to their super between certain times and are friendly. But Hector IDK if he's just not into it in terms of customer service training or if boundaries aren't something he knows how to establish and there's the way he talks to people too I've noticed can be a bit of a turn-off based on my observations.

Long-winded I know just wanted to highlight some of the things I've noticed.

Old 08-09-2021, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Gurrrlll lol (or man) listen I've heard good things and bad. Following up on things is not his strong suit for sure and I hate to annoy anyone that says they are going to do something and forget. Also, I hate to call the repairs line and send an endless amount of emails especially when I do that enough with work.

So as a suggestion if you want is to grab him whenever you see him in the lobby early in the morning. I don't think he fully knew how much effort it would require of him and his family to be involved as a live-in super. My friends can go to their super between certain times and are friendly. But Hector IDK if he's just not into it in terms of customer service training or if boundaries aren't something he knows how to establish and there's the way he talks to people too I've noticed can be a bit of a turn-off based on my observations.

Long-winded I know just wanted to highlight some of the things I've noticed.
Yeah I've noticed those same things. Even catching in in the mornings I've waited months for things to get done by him. I've also heard some pretty bad things about his activities between the two buildings.

Old 08-28-2021, 12:58 PM

Hey really? Between the buildings that's bold especially since he lives here. Sorry I didn't hop back on to see the response I wish there was some kind of alert to let you know when someone posts like Instagram.

I came back on today because yesterday I came home from work to drop off some things quickly before I head back out and I was in for another shock with my ceiling. Has anyone experienced any leaks/ flooding?

Like how does a brand new building like this have this kind of issue consistently (This will be my 3rd ceiling leak same spot) when he needed to go through numerous amount of safety checklists before tenants would be able to move in. I'm curious to know if anyone has requested a new apartment or a transfer to another building or if either one of those options is even possible with affordable housing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery