Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2020, 06:53 PM

46 posts, read 42,837 times

Advertisements

Once they send your file to HPD is it possible for them to no longer have any units available for you? Or is that unit “held” somehow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2020, 07:40 PM

6,697 posts, read 6,068,072 times
The unit is held. They wouldn’t be wasting HPDs time.

Old 08-14-2020, 12:40 AM

3,160 posts, read 2,765,878 times
No way a lottery person is getting a terrace apartment.

They're actually not necessarily as desirable as they may appear. If the Artisan terrace floor also has a public terrace, which it seems to, the terrace apartments are exposed to noise from socializing most of the night, every night. (These are buildings aimed at the 20s/30s crowd, so there's a lot of partying.) In the Essex, while there is shrubbery to screen off the private terraces from the public space, there really isn't complete visual cover. Now, there are a couple of units on the opposite side where the terrace fronts on the street rather than the public space, so they're only exposed to each other, which isn't so bad. But I honestly don't know if I'd take a terrace unit that fronted on a public space, especially with only some greenery for privacy. I don't need to listen to drunk bros and hos at 11 pm carrying on and peeking into my apartment.

Old 08-14-2020, 01:12 AM

6,697 posts, read 6,068,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
No way a lottery person is getting a terrace apartment.

They're actually not necessarily as desirable as they may appear. If the Artisan terrace floor also has a public terrace, which it seems to, the terrace apartments are exposed to noise from socializing most of the night, every night. (These are buildings aimed at the 20s/30s crowd, so there's a lot of partying.) In the Essex, while there is shrubbery to screen off the private terraces from the public space, there really isn't complete visual cover. Now, there are a couple of units on the opposite side where the terrace fronts on the street rather than the public space, so they're only exposed to each other, which isn't so bad. But I honestly don't know if I'd take a terrace unit that fronted on a public space, especially with only some greenery for privacy. I don't need to listen to drunk bros and hos at 11 pm carrying on and peeking into my apartment.
Great analysis. I see that the terrace apartments are all on the 6th floor which isn’t high enough to get nice views or escape noise. But with the way the building has a thicker base with office space, I doubt anyone can peek in.

In any case, whoever gets a studio may want a terrace apartment as it makes the apartment a little bigger.

Last edited by stormgal; 08-14-2020 at 01:21 AM..

Old 08-17-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekinglotteryadvice View Post
Thank you so much! No keys yet, I think ppl start moving in next month. There's some pictures/floor plans on the Artisan website, under "availability."
By chance, were you able to view your apartment / get keys for your unit?

Old 08-17-2020, 08:48 AM

46 posts, read 44,891 times
The Building still doesn't have a certificate of Occupancy.

Don't expect anyone to receive keys until at least then

Reference: Property Profile Overview

Click, "View Certificate of Occupancy" on the far right

Hope this helps

Old 08-17-2020, 12:04 PM

67 posts, read 60,181 times
Hi,
does anyone who is approved actually received info about the apartments number?

Old 08-18-2020, 02:06 PM

I don't have full approval from the city, but in the provisional approval I did not receive unit number... hoping provisional approval means something! D:

Old 08-18-2020, 03:26 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,625,357 times
I don't recall getting a unit number. I was shown apartments that I had to say yay or nay to. I saw 3 in Hunters Point South for instance. It's changed a little bit since then, but that part seems consistent.

Old 08-18-2020, 09:25 PM

3,160 posts, read 2,765,878 times
I had no idea which my apartment would be when I did the interview. I thought they were sending me to a high floor because the temporary leasing office was up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery