Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2020, 01:30 PM

87 posts, read 80,572 times

Advertisements

How long does management compqnies usually take in cb preference seection
Then moving on to gen pop? I just called them and its been a month already and they
Said they have not gotten to my log.num or preference(gen pop) but dont understand im such a low number
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2020, 02:59 PM

6,689 posts, read 6,040,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsxo View Post
How long does management compqnies usually take in cb preference seection
Then moving on to gen pop? I just called them and its been a month already and they
Said they have not gotten to my log.num or preference(gen pop) but dont understand im such a low number
What’s your log number? Sometimes, they process applications in batches - as in 1-50 are processed, then 50 - 100, and while the latter are being processed, someone in the first batch responds and so they put the later batches on hold.

Old 08-28-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
What’s your log number? Sometimes, they process applications in batches - as in 1-50 are processed, then 50 - 100, and while the latter are being processed, someone in the first batch responds and so they put the later batches on hold.
3* is my log number

Old 08-28-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:
3* is my log number
Oh wow. That’s an excellent log number! You will be contacted. I remember I only had a log number of 2xx and I had to wait almost 2 years to be contacted but I was. Hopefully that won’t happen to you, but you will be contacted! Good luck!

Old 08-28-2020, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Oh wow. That’s an excellent log number! You will be contacted. I remember I only had a log number of 2xx and I had to wait almost 2 years to be contacted but I was. Hopefully that won’t happen to you, but you will be contacted! Good luck!
Aftwr the interview ? What was your process

Old 08-29-2020, 12:36 AM

14 posts, read 12,943 times
Default I just got docusign as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckydragon88 View Post
It was actually surprisingly chill. After I submitted the documents at the end of June and about 5 weeks later someone contacted me letting me know what I qualified for and if I wanted to proceed. I said yes and was sent a Tenant Income Certification, which ALL I had to do was e-sign. I was asked for my 6 most recent pay stubs again and about 10 days later I was called and asked if I wanted to view the apartment on video or in person. I asked my coordinator if this meant I was approved and she said yes, but she couldn't give me a move in date til they get a certificate of occupancy.

I was contacted couple of weeks ago and I submitted all the documents they asked for. They qualified me for 1 or 2 bedrooms so I chose and agreed to proceed. Then I received the DocuSign and was overwhelmed with all the documents I had to provide AGAIN. This time with docs that need to be notarized and tax returns and transcripts(?) sent to different addresses. I don't even know how many years of tax return they're asking for(initially they asked for last year's only and I provided.) There were employement verification form even though I already provided a verification letter, and bank acct verification that needs to be filled out by the bank, rent payment history etc. Did you get all these documents too or did you just get the Tenant Income Certification? They did say they were sending me DocuSign to "sign" but I didn't expect such long, 19 pages of documents. They sent it at the end of the day so I have all weekend to figure it out and I found this forum(thank goodness!) Please advise what you can, when you can. Thank you!

Old 08-29-2020, 10:21 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,618,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydreamer View Post
I was contacted couple of weeks ago and I submitted all the documents they asked for. They qualified me for 1 or 2 bedrooms so I chose and agreed to proceed. Then I received the DocuSign and was overwhelmed with all the documents I had to provide AGAIN. This time with docs that need to be notarized and tax returns and transcripts(?) sent to different addresses. I don't even know how many years of tax return they're asking for(initially they asked for last year's only and I provided.) There were employement verification form even though I already provided a verification letter, and bank acct verification that needs to be filled out by the bank, rent payment history etc. Did you get all these documents too or did you just get the Tenant Income Certification? They did say they were sending me DocuSign to "sign" but I didn't expect such long, 19 pages of documents. They sent it at the end of the day so I have all weekend to figure it out and I found this forum(thank goodness!) Please advise what you can, when you can. Thank you!
It's pretty rediculous. In 2016 on my first win, it was so easy. Employment letter, 6 months pay stubs, etc. With site 2 I had to send things to NJ, East Harlem, notarize, so on so forth. The apartment was worth it though!

Old 08-29-2020, 11:32 AM

8 posts, read 6,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydreamer View Post
Double check with your coordinator but I didn't have to fill it out, JUST sign. They took care of the rest. Takes two minutes

Old 08-29-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Aftwr the interview ? What was your process
The usual - submitting documents over and over again until they finally tell you that your file is with HPD.

Old 08-29-2020, 01:51 PM

Quote:
The usual - submitting documents over and over again until they finally tell you that your file is with HPD.
Damn this process is depressing:/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery