Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 01:44 PM

68 posts, read 123,338 times

Advertisements

updates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2021, 07:27 AM

105 posts, read 243,318 times
How long have you typically waited after submitting paperwork?

Old 04-05-2021, 01:02 PM

67 posts, read 60,090 times
Guys the biggest mistake I did moving in this! Noise from the bridge is a very bad!
The vent system is not working.. instead pulling air out from the bathroom and the kitchen , we are getting bad odor pushed in.. it is really bad!
Our is place facing the bridge and noice from traffic and from the police and fire trucks ( two books from us) are very loud.. you must be deaf to don’t hear that. You can’t open windows because of the noice.. we spend a lot of money to move in.. and we are already looking for new place.. I ask 4 months ago to move to different unit.. today they call saying no more available units.. like all was already rented in December!
Big fat lies!

Old 04-07-2021, 01:37 PM

6,693 posts, read 6,048,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th street View Post
Guys the biggest mistake I did moving in this! Noise from the bridge is a very bad!
The vent system is not working.. instead pulling air out from the bathroom and the kitchen , we are getting bad odor pushed in.. it is really bad!
Our is place facing the bridge and noice from traffic and from the police and fire trucks ( two books from us) are very loud.. you must be deaf to don’t hear that. You can’t open windows because of the noice.. we spend a lot of money to move in.. and we are already looking for new place.. I ask 4 months ago to move to different unit.. today they call saying no more available units.. like all was already rented in December!
Big fat lies!
OMG how horrible! Do you live on one of the bottom floors? What is the difference between the unit you want to move in and the one you're in now?

Old 04-08-2021, 08:52 AM

77 posts, read 94,740 times
Same issue to my parents. they moved into an Essex crossing site 8 apartment last summer. they can't open windows because of the noise and air quality. their apartment is facing the street. heavy traffic!!

Old 04-08-2021, 12:28 PM

3,152 posts, read 2,748,458 times
Isn't EC 8 on Essex St.? Unlike Delancey at the foot of the W'burg, Essex is normal-Manhattan-noisy, except on weekend nights, but your parents moved in during the pandemic, so none of that.

Old 04-08-2021, 01:34 PM

77 posts, read 94,740 times
yes, it is on Essex st. my parents used to live in a quiet apartment. for them, Essex st is very noisy with the traffic at night(mostly motorcycles) , and some restaurants have outdoor dining, they don't close early on the weekend. for sure, the apartments facing the back are better. I warned my parents about the street noise when they viewed the apartment, but they didn't listen

Old 04-08-2021, 01:52 PM

4,783 posts, read 6,595,747 times
I'm surprised the windows don't block up at least a good portion of the sound coming through. Sirens are hard. Nothing blocks them.

Old 07-14-2021, 11:17 AM

2 posts, read 1,588 times
is anyone still waitlisted for this property? I was placed on the waitlist for a 1BR on May 20th, 2021 with a log number of 56XXX. I've tried to contact the offices and ask for an update on my status but haven't been able to reach anyone.

Old 07-14-2021, 11:43 AM

6,693 posts, read 6,048,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7427 View Post
is anyone still waitlisted for this property? I was placed on the waitlist for a 1BR on May 20th, 2021 with a log number of 56XXX. I've tried to contact the offices and ask for an update on my status but haven't been able to reach anyone.
Waitlist means you're basically denied. Aint' no one moving out anytime soon, I imagine, so if you're called, expect it to be in around 10 years average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery