Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2020, 03:22 PM

15 posts, read 14,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th street View Post
To all future tenants!
If they offer you an apartment facing Delancey and Williamsburg bridge do yourself a big favour and don’t accept! I am not sleeping at all! The noice is horrible 24/7. Beside the bridge noice a block away is fire and police department..
They should install a sound proof windows but they are not.
Also over weekend we have to put A/C, on it was a very hot in the apartment .. we do have a corner apartment! Can you imagine what will happen on summer?
I am planning to talk with our building manager to see how they can help to solve this huge problem!
The back of the Bilding is probably much more quiet!
We are regretting moving in! We spent a lot of money buying a new furniture and moving expenses!
Do you mind if I ask which floor you are on? I was showed an apartment on that corner as well. I was told that it was already assigned to myself, as long as the application is approved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2020, 03:34 PM

67 posts, read 59,956 times
13th floor

Old 11-11-2020, 03:46 PM

13 posts, read 20,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abc1220 View Post
I got an offer for a studio at the 165% AMI. Qualified for a 1bd and studio at lower AMI but those were all gone I guess. They're offering 2 months free on a 12 month lease so that brings rent down to $1800. Actually a really good deal.

But the studio apartment is pretty small, and the finishes are definitely very basic - ex, kitchen countertops are the cheapest I've seen anywhere. And yea, the AC was quite loud when I turned it on. I will probably pass on this because I qualified for a 1bd apartment in brooklyn that I like more. But that $1800 for a studio in the LES is quite a good offer, regardless of AC and finishes.
They told you they are offering 2 months free after you viewed the apartment?

Old 11-11-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
13th floor
Is it consistent? Or more so throughout rush hour times? I don’t work from home so regular daytime noise wouldn’t be an issue for me.

Old 11-11-2020, 05:22 PM

67 posts, read 59,956 times
24/7

Old 11-11-2020, 05:52 PM

Wow, thank you for the heads up.

Old 11-11-2020, 06:16 PM

2 posts, read 1,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgitter View Post
Wow, thank you for the heads up.
What floor is the apartment you saw?

Old 11-11-2020, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen287 View Post
What floor is the apartment you saw?
It’s on the 15th floor. Did you see one also?

Old 11-11-2020, 08:21 PM

3 posts, read 2,719 times
i saw an apartment last week and am in the 165% AMI. The kitchen countertop are cheap for the price youre paying. Space is smaller too. View was not that great for the apartment they were showing as well. I'm waiting to hear back on next steps

Old 11-11-2020, 09:30 PM

18 posts, read 13,702 times
Quote:
To all future tenants!
If they offer you an apartment facing Delancey and Williamsburg bridge do yourself a big favour and don’t accept! I am not sleeping at all! The noice is horrible 24/7. Beside the bridge noice a block away is fire and police department..
They should install a sound proof windows but they are not.
Also over weekend we have to put A/C, on it was a very hot in the apartment .. we do have a corner apartment! Can you imagine what will happen on summer?
I am planning to talk with our building manager to see how they can help to solve this huge problem!
The back of the Bilding is probably much more quiet!
We are regretting moving in! We spent a lot of money buying a new furniture and moving expenses!
I’m so sorry to hear this! We’ve all been following each other through this journey and it sucks to hear this kind of crap happening when finally one of us moves in. I hope they can do something, possibly move you to a diff apartment on the opposite side. Very disappointing. And the rent cost for the 165% ami, are they serious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery