Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2020, 10:46 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,614,993 times

Advertisements

Rip, it feels like they put the least effort into this building out of all of the ones part of Essex Crossing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2020, 11:15 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,860,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I am so sorry to hear that! And here I was wanting an apartment with that view of the bridge! Thank you so much for posting this!! I am going to withdraw my application. Noise is one thing I cannot do!
I would think it depends on how high up you are. That said, I can attest to the warmth (not this building) I’m not that far up in my building but I have four huge windows. Beautiful views at night but I’m still using my AC 2-3 times a week.

Old 11-11-2020, 11:38 AM

34 posts, read 42,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th street View Post
To all future tenants!
If they offer you an apartment facing Delancey and Williamsburg bridge do yourself a big favour and don’t accept! I am not sleeping at all! The noice is horrible 24/7. Beside the bridge noice a block away is fire and police department..
They should install a sound proof windows but they are not.
Also over weekend we have to put A/C, on it was a very hot in the apartment .. we do have a corner apartment! Can you imagine what will happen on summer?
I am planning to talk with our building manager to see how they can help to solve this huge problem!
The back of the Bilding is probably much more quiet!
We are regretting moving in! We spent a lot of money buying a new furniture and moving expenses!
so sorry to hear about the loud noise! I hope the building manager can install soundproof windows for you guys.. thank you for sharing, thats something very important to consider. Can i ask about your application process if you dont mind?

Old 11-11-2020, 12:12 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,880,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th street View Post
To all future tenants!
If they offer you an apartment facing Delancey and Williamsburg bridge do yourself a big favour and don’t accept! I am not sleeping at all! The noice is horrible 24/7. Beside the bridge noice a block away is fire and police department..
They should install a sound proof windows but they are not.
Also over weekend we have to put A/C, on it was a very hot in the apartment .. we do have a corner apartment! Can you imagine what will happen on summer?
I am planning to talk with our building manager to see how they can help to solve this huge problem!
The back of the Bilding is probably much more quiet!
We are regretting moving in! We spent a lot of money buying a new furniture and moving expenses!

i figured such. thx for confirming

can you individually control the amount of heat in your apartment?

Old 11-11-2020, 12:13 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,880,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggal2020 View Post
so sorry to hear about the loud noise! I hope the building manager can install soundproof windows for you guys.. thank you for sharing, thats something very important to consider. Can i ask about your application process if you dont mind?

good luck with thaaaaaaat

Old 11-11-2020, 12:51 PM

67 posts, read 59,962 times
It took us about 2 months to be approved and almost a month before we sign our lease!
You may put the temperature you desire but for now we do not control how hot air what comes out is.. the controlling table is same for a/c and heat.. for now when we put heat on you ca see heat lights on and the fan is on low.. they explained to me when gets more cold we will get more options for hotter air!
Personally I do preferred old fashion radiators at least they hold some warmth on, this as soon you turn it off air gets very fast cold.. and by the way when is a/c on makes loud sound.. I thought brand new building and all new technology shouldn’t be like this.. my old window a/c wasn’t loud like this!
Looks that is a lot of issues like this.. when
My next door neighbour play music and talk bit louder I can hear in
my place!
To all before you decide please take all of this in consideration!
This beautiful breathtaking view I will trade any day for any apartment where is nice and quiet!

Old 11-11-2020, 12:59 PM

10 posts, read 8,534 times
I had forgotten about this lottery, given up hope and not checked here recently. So I came here today after thinking about it randomly. Then I searched my email, and it turns out that last week I received the invite to submit documents, and I just saw the email today (the deadline!) I submitted, but honestly, they’ve put me in the 165% AMI band, and I don’t particularly think I can afford that, or I don’t wish to pay that. Especially from what I’m hearing about in terms of the studio size and the finishes. And the noise. I’m just not sure this is the deal I’m looking for. so I went ahead and submitted documents, but my heart really isn’t in it. I just wanted to hedge my bets.
Log#8xxx, no community preference.

Old 11-11-2020, 02:05 PM

Thanks for sharing 7th street! damn sorry about all the noise complaints, hopefully you can escape and use the amenities at least.

@alicenyc, i think we're in the same pool! my documents are due today too. good luck!

Old 11-11-2020, 03:08 PM

12 posts, read 12,196 times
I got an offer for a studio at the 165% AMI. Qualified for a 1bd and studio at lower AMI but those were all gone I guess. They're offering 2 months free on a 12 month lease so that brings rent down to $1800. Actually a really good deal.

But the studio apartment is pretty small, and the finishes are definitely very basic - ex, kitchen countertops are the cheapest I've seen anywhere. And yea, the AC was quite loud when I turned it on. I will probably pass on this because I qualified for a 1bd apartment in brooklyn that I like more. But that $1800 for a studio in the LES is quite a good offer, regardless of AC and finishes.

Old 11-11-2020, 03:13 PM

oh nice! @abc1220 whats your log # if you dont mind? did you have any CB preferences?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery