Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2020, 11:13 PM

14 posts, read 12,979 times

Advertisements

Thank you guys for sharing your honest thoughts. When I first visited the area the day I was offered to provide more documents, I was overwhelmed with the vibrancy of LES because it’s the complete opposite of where I currently live. I felt like I got too old to live in a crowded area like that. I still provided all the docs and still waiting for a final approval. I will move for sure if I get approved, but I wanted to hear some genuine opinions from those of you current lower east siders. I’m super excited about having so many awesome restaurants nearby. Hopefully I’ll hear the final approval soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2020, 06:51 PM

3,159 posts, read 2,762,108 times
Residential entrance is looking good!

Old 10-11-2020, 09:30 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,925,197 times
take pics random2 I’m not in the area rn lol

Old 10-14-2020, 12:40 PM

6,697 posts, read 6,064,486 times
Call me crazy, but I got emailed for this lottery but not really feeling like going through the process. The apartments are on the small side. I feel bad for whoever gets stuck with a studio after having submitted all documents.

Old 10-14-2020, 01:26 PM

18 posts, read 13,732 times
These people are running at a glacial pace, I emailed my docs 2 months ago and still haven’t heard anything, we have someone here who was placed on the waiting list and wasn’t even informed until he called and asked. Some of us have gotten skipped. Not sure what’s happening here...

Old 10-14-2020, 03:05 PM

6 posts, read 5,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreveryours0828 View Post
These people are running at a glacial pace, I emailed my docs 2 months ago and still haven’t heard anything, we have someone here who was placed on the waiting list and wasn’t even informed until he called and asked. Some of us have gotten skipped. Not sure what’s happening here...
I emailed docs back in August and haven't followed up yet because of what others have said... are you thinking about asking where they are in the process?

Old 10-14-2020, 03:26 PM

60 posts, read 50,223 times
a little update, i was emailed today that i am eligible for a studio, i'm 60% ami and initially sent my paperwork in late june, followed up once and was told my application was in process and was contacted today to see if i was interested in moving forward so, doing all the follow up paperwork now.
did anyone else get a studio? curious for feedback. will let you know how i go!

Old 10-15-2020, 01:04 PM

6,697 posts, read 6,064,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastvillager2020 View Post
a little update, i was emailed today that i am eligible for a studio, i'm 60% ami and initially sent my paperwork in late june, followed up once and was told my application was in process and was contacted today to see if i was interested in moving forward so, doing all the follow up paperwork now.
did anyone else get a studio? curious for feedback. will let you know how i go!
That's a very small apartment. We're talking about 100 square feet. But it would be nice if you went and saw it and told the rest of us about it.

Old 10-15-2020, 01:21 PM

60 posts, read 50,223 times
...yeah i know, the layout for a couple of the studios on the site are definitely micro-studios but one layout looks ok (i'm already in a small studio) so, will see how it looks in person. happy to report back if i get to see it. funny side note, they've slashed the market rate rents considerably on them by 700 bucks or more.

Old 10-15-2020, 01:22 PM

3,159 posts, read 2,762,108 times
The market-rate studios are down to sub-$2500 now!

They're not 100 sq ft, but even the biggest is quite small. I really can't fathom why anyone would pay enough money for an okay apartment you can actually turn around in in a duller area of Manhattan or the outer boroughs for such thumbnails, except as a pied a terre or love nest. It's one thing to be a lottery person and not be able to afford more than $1500 or whatever--in that case, all your choices suck, and might as well go with new construction and amenities. But $2500 would put you into a somewhat worn actual 1-bed on the UWS or UES even before the pandemic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery