Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2020, 03:05 PM

60 posts, read 49,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckydragon88 View Post
I moved in Oct 1st, there are not many people at all who have moved in yet, the building still has a lot of construction going on and is definitely not ready. Although I'm not super happy they rushed us in so early, overall I am very happy with the apt! Our 2br is about 700sq ft and a good layout, very similar to the one listed on the site. The only bummer is our view is probably one of the worst in the building, but I'm excited for the amenities to open up. The super is great and the front desk people are nice and have been helpful. Noise is kind of a concern, and we unfortunately have a "whistling building," but overall for what we pay feel like we lucked out in a great location in a really nice apartment.
curious about the noise issues. i lived in waterside plaza for many years and also had a whistling noise. finally detected it in the window frame and was able to stop it by sticking a book in the handle to open the window to keep it sealed better! lol.

i was emailed this week about an apt. the rent offered and asked to fill out a checklist so, hope to know sooner than later if i’ll be joining you. congrats on the new digs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2020, 11:09 AM

8 posts, read 6,914 times
Thanks everyone, just had my window tightened and hopefully that's the end of the whistling

Old 10-19-2020, 05:01 PM

14 posts, read 12,937 times
Finally got scheduled for a viewing. Let me know if you have any questions about the building, I’ll try to ask them.

Last edited by citydreamer; 10-19-2020 at 05:11 PM..

Old 10-20-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
That's a very small apartment. We're talking about 100 square feet. But it would be nice if you went and saw it and told the rest of us about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydreamer View Post
Finally got scheduled for a viewing. Let me know if you have any questions about the building, I’ll try to ask them.
i was informed this morning all of my documents were received and interview docs are coming to me to docusign so, i think i am in....? if i get a viewing i will definitely take photos to share.

Old 10-20-2020, 01:07 PM

6,685 posts, read 6,029,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastvillager2020 View Post
i was informed this morning all of my documents were received and interview docs are coming to me to docusign so, i think i am in....? if i get a viewing i will definitely take photos to share.
It's not that if you are in, it's that you are in! Congratulations!

Old 10-20-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
It's not that if you are in, it's that you are in! Congratulations!
thank you! i think you were contacted about a studio too if i remember your posts? they do look small but i am already in a small apt. with major sound issues and a raging douchebag neighbor so, i think this would be an improvement esp. since i am a po' ho' (haha) and the rent is a lot cheaper than what i pay. now, just more waiting!

Old 10-20-2020, 04:36 PM

6,685 posts, read 6,029,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastvillager2020 View Post
thank you! i think you were contacted about a studio too if i remember your posts? they do look small but i am already in a small apt. with major sound issues and a raging douchebag neighbor so, i think this would be an improvement esp. since i am a po' ho' (haha) and the rent is a lot cheaper than what i pay. now, just more waiting!
No, I wasn’t offered anything but I was asked to submit documents for this lottery. What I did say was that I’m not accepting any studios. I already live in a large studio (500 sq ft) with a separate kitchen in a decent area and new building (not too far from this lottery) so it wouldn’t make sense for me to give it up for another studio of 100 sq ft. But if that’s what you’ll get and you’re happy I say go for it!

Do they tell you after you submit your documents what you’re qualified for? I mean I know I’m qualified for both studios and one bedrooms but I’m not sure if they would tell you what you will get before your file is sent to HPD.

Old 10-20-2020, 05:11 PM

8 posts, read 10,451 times
Hey everyone,
First time poster here, and first NYC lottery. Ive been following this form and Just wanted to share that I submitted my documents in the beginning of October. My log number is 8xx with municipal preference. I really hope I'm lucky enough to score an appartment!

Old 10-20-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
No, I wasn’t offered anything but I was asked to submit documents for this lottery. What I did say was that I’m not accepting any studios. I already live in a large studio (500 sq ft) with a separate kitchen in a decent area and new building (not too far from this lottery) so it wouldn’t make sense for me to give it up for another studio of 100 sq ft. But if that’s what you’ll get and you’re happy I say go for it!

Do they tell you after you submit your documents what you’re qualified for? I mean I know I’m qualified for both studios and one bedrooms but I’m not sure if they would tell you what you will get before your file is sent to HPD.
these are certainly not 100 sq. ft. but they aren't 500 sq. ft. either. the studio i am in now is in an old building but about the same exact size as the artisan so, it'd be an upgrade for me, for sure.

i was told i was eligible for a studio which is the same income range for a one bedroom for my ami so, guessing the one beds are gone. i will definitely ask.

Old 10-20-2020, 07:52 PM

35 posts, read 40,006 times
I submitted my documents yesterday. They did not email me back saying they received it. Should I ask them to confirm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery