Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2020, 09:54 AM

18 posts, read 20,579 times

Advertisements

Any non preference people got called yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2020, 12:51 PM

18 posts, read 13,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elijah1228 View Post
Any non preference people got called yet?
Poster Citydreamer stated he was contacted after emailing documents and has no preference. He also said his log # was around 170. I am log# 15X and still haven’t been contacted after emailing docs. I did email back once asking for an update and was responded with:
Hi:
Your file is in process for review. When your file is reached, you will be contacted.

I’m starting to understand this process can take a while so im just patiently waiting. It’s been 5 weeks since I emailed docs. I’m hype for those who are going in for a viewing, please post pics

Old 09-23-2020, 05:44 PM

39 posts, read 55,807 times
Are their in the 200s with the non preference Yet ?

Old 09-24-2020, 10:07 AM

6 posts, read 5,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreveryours0828 View Post
Poster Citydreamer stated he was contacted after emailing documents and has no preference. He also said his log # was around 170. I am log# 15X and still haven’t been contacted after emailing docs. I did email back once asking for an update and was responded with:
Hi:
Your file is in process for review. When your file is reached, you will be contacted.

I’m starting to understand this process can take a while so im just patiently waiting. It’s been 5 weeks since I emailed docs. I’m hype for those who are going in for a viewing, please post pics
Similar. Non pref, around 5 weeks since sending docs, #13*, but no response yet! Really curious about how they might stagger move-in dates (not that I'll necessarily be moving in, but just in theory).

Old 09-24-2020, 05:39 PM

3,160 posts, read 2,765,878 times
I didn't have my phone with me when I walked by today, but the lobby is looking substantially more finished. If you look at my pics from last week, the left wall is now a "green wall," the paper is off the floor, and what I assume is the doorman's work area looks much more finished.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:56 PM

67 posts, read 60,181 times
Yesterday I went to see my place. Everything looks very nice but I was very disappointed by the size of the place. Kitchen n living room are together and it is not a size I expected. Kitchen is beautiful with very good stove, fridge, microwave and dishwasher.
Bedroom is also on the smaller size with closet, bathroom is big beautiful white tiles (looks like porcelain) is Is industrial style.! Small hallway with medium size closet and on the end is w/d also in the closet.
I have a perfect view to the uptown and Williams bridge.
Inside was a lot of boxes from other apartment and I couldn’t really see the real space to know what kind of sofa, sectional or other furniture may fit.
I will call again and ask to go and see the place again! The staff was very pleasant; I ask about amenities and yes it will cost around $500 a year, that is very good price.
I believe a lot of space is waisted on the hallway.
My AMI is 130%

Old 09-24-2020, 09:42 PM

22 posts, read 16,517 times
7th street: is this a one bedroom? how many sq feet do you think it is?

Looks the building will officially be move in ready Oct 1!

Also I noticed the prices went down a bit on the website...

Old 09-25-2020, 12:56 PM

16 posts, read 13,719 times
Just got the lease! This is my first time leasing a lottery apartment. If for whatever reason me and my wife were to leave this earth for whatever reason. How does our children get a hold of the apartment or can a relative take over with our kids?

Old 09-25-2020, 03:16 PM

16 posts, read 13,719 times
nvm I got the answer. as long as the tenant can prove they lived there for 2 years, they can renew the lease at the same rent rate.

Another question I have on this 180 Broome building: When does my rent increase? Does this building have an expiration on their tax abatement that affects us rent stabilized tenants?

Also do I have to report my income to them every year now? What is the max amount I can make before they remove the rent stabilized rate?

Old 09-25-2020, 03:31 PM

70 posts, read 89,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box0301 View Post
nvm I got the answer. as long as the tenant can prove they lived there for 2 years, they can renew the lease at the same rent rate.

Another question I have on this 180 Broome building: When does my rent increase? Does this building have an expiration on their tax abatement that affects us rent stabilized tenants?

Also do I have to report my income to them every year now? What is the max amount I can make before they remove the rent stabilized rate?
I believe your rent will stay the same wither you make more money or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery