Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2021, 10:55 AM

4 posts, read 3,050 times

Advertisements

1. What is community base preference and how do you know if you have it?

2. Is a log number 3#### a bad or good number?

3. I have only just been contacted last Friday to submit my initial documents for a studio 165% AMI range. Do they normally respond to let you know they’ve received your documents? When should I expect to hear anything from management about this first step?

4. I sent them a link to a google drive folder with all
Documents because they were too big to email them all. Has anyone else done it this way?

Thanks! Sorry for all the questions. This is my first time getting contacted for a lottery after years of applying for many. I live nearby in the East village, qualified for studio 165% AMI, financial situation different than when I applied pre-Covid but I believe am still in the range income wise. log 3####
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2021, 11:34 AM

34 posts, read 42,405 times
1. Community base preference is if you live in the neighborhood

2. If they contacted you with your log number, can be a good sign!

3. They send you a auto message that the documents are received. Except to hear next steps in 2 weeks

4. I recommend to send all the files attached to the email. I also sent a google link but they wanted the documents as attachments

Good luck!!

Old 03-01-2021, 01:59 PM

3 posts, read 3,168 times
For anyone who noticed the scaffolding going up on Clinton and Broome today. Every time I walk by I'm like ”hey that parking garage looks really empty considering the monthly rates are so low”. ::crying face::

https://www.boweryboogie.com/2020/09...rdable-towers/

Also... question for other occupants. Does your shower randomly alternate between full pressure (and amazing) and what feels like 50% pressure? Is there some sort of ecofriendly pressure limiter in place for the building or is it just me? I've tried to test different times of the day for a theory but its always different. Interested to see if this is just my shower or happens to everyone.

Thanks!

Old 03-01-2021, 03:58 PM

3,156 posts, read 2,757,262 times
There are also going to be large developments at Broome & Suffolk and Broome & Norfolk. The former, 30 stories--so taller even than the Essex.

Old 03-02-2021, 06:53 AM

I also noticed the shower difference. Usually when after 9PM the shower pressure works fine for me. I noticed during prime hours, the pressure is very minimal

Old 03-03-2021, 01:07 PM

4 posts, read 3,334 times
Are the amenities fully open yet? I was very frustrated that I was not able to step outside the residential lounge and see the outdoor space, as well as not being able to access the rooftop or the gym. The 1bd itself is fairly small with not the greatest view so it is the amenities that really make or break this building for me.

This is a very tough decision, I am in a large rent-stabilized apartment uptown with w/d and accepting a 165% AMI 1 bedroom would increase my rent by several hundred dollars and since I have a car I would likely have to shell out for a garage since I drive everyday for work and don't want to deal with street parking around the LES. So all in all I am looking at almost an increase of about $1000, and although it's been my dream to live in a luxury building in this area of Manhattan, I find it really hard to pull the plug, especially since I also qualify for 130% and could've had the same apartment in 180 Broome for $800 cheaper!!!! Epitome of first world problems.

Old 03-03-2021, 01:29 PM

Why is it you want to move? Just to live in a ”luxury” building? I doubt it's worth $1000/mo. for that. Rooftops and outdoor space are nice, but...not all that.

Old 03-03-2021, 05:58 PM

4 posts, read 3,334 times
You're probably right, but I was enamored with the idea of living so close to a Trader Joe's/Target and the Essex market as well as having a doorman and a gym in the building. That being said, I am not so crazy with the idea of living off Delancey and that close to the Williamsburg bridge, the noise would probably get a bit much at times. It was just refreshing that out of all the lotteries I have been called for that it was finally a luxury building with anemities, but of course it had to be at 165% AMI. Oh well, thanks for the input randomperson2!

Old 03-04-2021, 07:54 AM

Living across the street from trader joes/target is so convenient, i love it. But if you own a car, parking is very hard to find unless its after 7PM (meter parking).
As a resident, amenities are still locked so I havent seen the outdoor space/community area/ or the gym yet.
the noise hasn't been bad at all for me, with the windows closed, i barely hear anything.
good luck with your decision!

Old 03-04-2021, 02:21 PM

Doorman and gym are both objective goods, especially these days. If you're currently paying for a gym, you may want to factor that into your cost calculations. And if you love the location, of course that's a plus (especially if it shortens your commute). Judging by the amenity spaces in other buildings in EC, though, they're going to be nice (hammocks! grills!), but not drop-dead luxurious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery