Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2023, 08:27 AM

111 posts, read 100,853 times

Advertisements

OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
No, maybe do read the thread before you stress? Some people signed up for their email list on BTs lottery info website (not HC) and BT is inviting people to tour the building from that list. This in no way impacts the lottery, which is still open for applications. Once the application period closes and logs are generated, the normal process of contacting people based on log will start. The only difference is that some people contacted may have already toured the building. But as part of the lottery selection process, you still will have to come tour actual units that you are being considered for. These tours don't really mean anything, which is why some people don't really see the point of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2023, 08:53 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,837,927 times
I second this! If I get invited I would go to entertain my curiosity despite whether or not I will take it later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
I generally think it’s a waste of time but in this case I’m curious. If given the opportunity and after seeing it, I don’t like it, then I move on.

I asked about an opportunity to tour as well. There are literally no appointments available .

Old 05-03-2023, 09:00 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,862,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
I second this! If I get invited I would go to entertain my curiosity despite whether or not I will take it later
Well if i'm lucky and spots open up, I will let you know. Right now it's not looking good I may have to do the fake MR tenant act...

Old 05-03-2023, 09:46 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,837,927 times
Do share your findings later, pleaseeee...

Quote:
Well if i'm lucky and spots open up, I will let you know. Right now it's not looking good I may have to do the fake MR tenant act...

Old 05-03-2023, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Do share your findings later, pleaseeee...
haha, will do.

Old 05-03-2023, 01:59 PM

101 posts, read 96,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
Maybe not necessarily this early, considering the lottery is still active lol, but I'm definitely on board with giving people a chance to really tour the units/building way before the end of the process. The few times I've made to see the apartment, I basically had to make a decision that day smh. At least this way, people can get a real feel of it so their decision doesn't have be so rushed.
Completely agree! I get my hopes up just from looking online so a tour won’t make much of a difference lol. I’d much rather have a look at a lottery unit before I even submit documentation, to be honest. I’ve seen a couple apartments that were really small and unlivable for my family so I’m glad I didn’t have to go through the whole process just see an apartment that really wouldn’t work at all.

Old 05-03-2023, 02:46 PM

6,684 posts, read 6,029,446 times
Quote:
Do it, do it, do it

Old 05-03-2023, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Do it, do it, do it
Didn’t have to. I just scored an appt to view the lottery apartments for Saturday afternoon

Last edited by Marshabrady; 05-03-2023 at 04:06 PM..

Old 05-03-2023, 08:01 PM

101 posts, read 87,356 times
Quote:
Didn’t have to. I just scored an appt to view the lottery apartments for Saturday afternoon
Me too thanks to your message ^_^

Old 05-03-2023, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nylkoorb View Post
Me too thanks to your message ^_^
Did you get that 2:20 slot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery