Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2023, 02:21 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,858,466 times

Advertisements

Usually the thing that makes it different is the ceiling heights of the unit, I bet the condos in Brooklyn Tower have higher ceiling than those units that are for rent.

For example, in my building, the units (both MR & affordables) within the tower (the floors that below the penthouses) have 10' ceiling height. The penthouses have 13' ceiling height, & the residences (above the penthouses) have 15' ceiling height.

But for the layouts, finishes, & appliances, the tower & the penthouses are the same (except the units that were set aside for the Phase I lottery, they have different finishes & appliances but the layouts are the same). The residences have different layouts but the finishes & appliances are the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
interesting - I thought it would be the MR and affordable apts that would be the same...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2023, 02:25 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,878,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
I was quite surprised if I’m being honest. The condos are selling at around $2,000 a foot. My main curiosity comes from the fact that the developer is using the same marketing material and pictures from their penthouse listing.

There are not any plans that have more actual photos of the units. Just snippets of the penthouse chopped up
That's unfortunate though not a deterrent, would love to see the real examples of the affordable apts though I'm sure something will be on YT soon enough.

Old 03-29-2023, 03:24 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,045,609 times
They are only using the penthouse photos since that's the only unit they've finished enough to stage, they are still working on inside stuff, and it will still be awhile before they start actual leasing of the MR rentals.

Old 03-29-2023, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
They are only using the penthouse photos since that's the only unit they've finished enough to stage, they are still working on inside stuff, and it will still be awhile before they start actual leasing of the MR rentals.
Cool beans, so despite what they said, definitely not finished.

Old 03-29-2023, 03:51 PM

Here what I found on YT & these are condo model units for sale & the view from its balcony is

https://youtube.com/shorts/UQcqdu90flE?feature=share

Old 03-29-2023, 03:52 PM

3BR condo model units:

https://youtube.com/shorts/fmm8CNA-ejc?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/N3OAlvJ8BFQ?feature=share

Old 03-29-2023, 04:18 PM

581 posts, read 452,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
thanks, that makes sense.

If I could make a change to the housing connect listings id definitely love to have actual pictures of units put up there so applicants have a good idea of what they're applying for etc.

Even all actual affordable apartment floor plans, it is supposed to be a transparent process so people can choose and know what the complete offerings are and make the best decision

Old 03-29-2023, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
thanks, that makes sense.

If I could make a change to the housing connect listings id definitely love to have actual pictures of units put up there so applicants have a good idea of what they're applying for etc.

Even all actual affordable apartment floor plans, it is supposed to be a transparent process so people can choose and know what the complete offerings are and make the best decision
Yeah, I agree. If I apply and lucky enough to get a log number like I did for BC or Gold Street the apt would need to be comparable, my hesitation would be the cost of the amenities…

Old 03-29-2023, 09:28 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,426,610 times
Looks like this is life : https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/details/3590

130AMI

Old 03-29-2023, 10:14 PM

800 posts, read 738,676 times
Oh man I love LifeTime fitness. I love where I live now but this building looks so much more luxurious I’d be a fool not to at least apply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery