Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2023, 12:53 PM

57 posts, read 54,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Congrats! Have you moved into E&W yet? I assume your unit is on 227 West? How is it so far? Have all the amenities been accessible yet? Please share pictures of your unit if you don't mind
I was accepted to a unit on the 36 line, which overlooks the Brooklyn side. My lease is currently being worked on for E&W to move in this spring - will make sure to post photos in the E&W thread. I was approved for a single-digit floor and I so happened to have a friend from college who also moved in through the lottery already and she's in a double-digit floor at 125 AMI. So I'm a little sour about that, although I find the amenities provided to be top-of-the-line for the opportunity and I am still enthusiastically moving forward. I'm general population and have absolutely no sway in getting accommodated into a better unit although I'm paying the most.

Here's the peek link you'd find in the E&W thread

https://listings.peek.us/viewer?toke...b3a7&display=f

It's a bit tricky, but you should get a great view of just about all units.

For studios, you'd have to search under 1 br, under the 'Available Residence' tab on the lower left of the page with the building icon

For an idea (without revealing too much), I was accepted between 636 - 936 (all alike) and she was accepted at 920 - 2220 (all alike). Meaning I only get one window, and she has two.

I'm trying to be the bigger person, but not so low-key wishing I had a unit on a higher floor at least to justify paying more than her.

I technically fall under both 125 AMI and 130 AMI, but more 125 AMI as opposed to 130 AMI

But as many who have had the chance to visit E&W, it's hard to walk away and it's a great deal compared to MR - it's an opportunity that only the lottery process allows me to experience at a deal compared to MR.

That being said, this Brooklyn Tower lottery is very, very similar.. absolutely curious about my chances of scoring a nice floor here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2023, 01:13 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,859,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I feel the same way

The 1,000 security fee is not expensive if one took into consideration the fact that a 1 BR is 2811, so one will only pay 3811 to secure the apartment. I had to pay over 4k!
I actually asked Brooklyn Tower via Instagram about the deposit - they confirmed it was $500.

Old 03-29-2023, 01:14 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,835,300 times
Thanks for sharing the link, the studio is not bad at all!

I guess the unit distribution between lottery tenants doesn't depend on 'the higher AMI the higher floor.' I believe it's more to 'the lower log you get the more options you have.'

In my experience, some of the phase I lottery winners in my building were assigned units in higher floors though their AMIs were lower than mine (they were 40% & 60% AMIs) but their units have different finishes.

I won the Phase II lottery that had only one AMI (120% AMI). All of units assigned to the Phase II lottery winners had the same finishes as the market rate ones but again, the lower log winners got units in higher floors & those who got log higher than mine were assigned units in floors below my floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc411 View Post
I was accepted to a unit on the 36 line, which overlooks the Brooklyn side. My lease is currently being worked on for E&W to move in this spring - will make sure to post photos in the E&W thread. I was approved for a single-digit floor and I so happened to have a friend from college who also moved in through the lottery already and she's in a double-digit floor at 125 AMI. So I'm a little sour about that, although I find the amenities provided to be top-of-the-line for the opportunity and I am still enthusiastically moving forward. I'm general population and have absolutely no sway in getting accommodated into a better unit although I'm paying the most.

Here's the peek link you'd find in the E&W thread

https://listings.peek.us/viewer?toke...b3a7&display=f

It's a bit tricky, but you should get a great view of just about all units.

For studios, you'd have to search under 1 br, under the 'Available Residence' tab on the lower left of the page with the building icon

For an idea (without revealing too much), I was accepted between 636 - 936 (all alike) and she was accepted at 920 - 2220 (all alike). Meaning I only get one window, and she has two.

I'm trying to be the bigger person, but not so low-key wishing I had a unit on a higher floor at least to justify paying more than her.

I technically fall under both 125 AMI and 130 AMI, but more 125 AMI as opposed to 130 AMI

But as many who have had the chance to visit E&W, it's hard to walk away and it's a great deal compared to MR - it's an opportunity that only the lottery process allows me to experience at a deal compared to MR.

That being said, this Brooklyn Tower lottery is very, very similar.. absolutely curious about my chances of scoring a nice floor here.

Last edited by someoneinqueens; 03-29-2023 at 01:28 PM..

Old 03-29-2023, 01:15 PM

954 posts, read 932,592 times
There’s 93 floors and it’s mixed use

Old 03-29-2023, 01:39 PM

530 posts, read 410,624 times
Condos start from the 53rd floor so there will be no rental units market rate or affordable any higher than 53rd. The rendering pictures are showing Miele appliances which I doubt are not reflective of the plans that will be offered in the lottery.

The building is beyond colossal, I am very curious to know how it will be run and what it must feel like to stay in a development of this size.

Old 03-29-2023, 01:40 PM

57 posts, read 54,038 times
Quote:
Thanks for sharing the link, the studio is not bad at all!

I guess the unit distribution between lottery tenants doesn't depend on 'the higher AMI the higher floor.' I believe it's more to 'the lower log you get the more options you have.'

In my experience, some of the phase I lottery winners in my building were assigned units in higher floors though their AMIs were lower than mine (they were 40% & 60% AMIs) but their units have different finishes.

I won the Phase II lottery that had only one AMI (120% AMI). All of units assigned to the Phase II lottery winners had the same finishes as the market rate ones but again, the lower log winners got units in higher floors & those who got log higher than mine were assigned units in floors below my floor.
The fact there's a W/D in the unit is amazing, plus the amenities in the building and the neighborhood itself.. I'm very excited. Definitely, a dream win in so many ways, since lots of MR apartments charge much more with zero amenities. I look forward to moving, it still feels surreal.

And anyone who wins the Brooklyn Tower will be on a similar boat. Good luck to all!

Old 03-29-2023, 01:55 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,835,300 times
Based on the information on the lottery website: https://bkt-lottery.com/

Each residence includes:

Miele kitchen appliances
Bosch dishwasher and washer/dryer
Zoned, year-round, hybrid heat pump HVAC system
Floor-to-ceiling windows
European White Oak flooring in a custom mahogany stain
Absolute Black Granite countertops
Bianco Venato Porcelain bath tiles

So the developer better delivers things that they already promised to the lottery winners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
Condos start from the 53rd floor so there will be no rental units market rate or affordable any higher than 53rd. The rendering pictures are showing Miele appliances which I doubt are not reflective of the plans that will be offered in the lottery.

The building is beyond colossal, I am very curious to know how it will be run and what it must feel like to stay in a development of this size.

Old 03-29-2023, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Based on the information on the lottery website: https://bkt-lottery.com/

Each residence includes:

Miele kitchen appliances
Bosch dishwasher and washer/dryer
Zoned, year-round, hybrid heat pump HVAC system
Floor-to-ceiling windows
European White Oak flooring in a custom mahogany stain
Absolute Black Granite countertops
Bianco Venato Porcelain bath tiles

So the developer better delivers things that they already promised to the lottery winners!
Just got confirmation the developer is offering the same appliances and finishes as the Condos for sale. Which is quite some news in comparison to most developments and specifically within this developments nearby buildings that were offered

Old 03-29-2023, 02:06 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,859,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
Just got confirmation the developer is offering the same appliances and finishes as the Condos for sale. Which is quite some news in comparison to most developments and specifically within this developments nearby buildings that were offered
interesting - I thought it would be the MR and affordable apts that would be the same...

Old 03-29-2023, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
interesting - I thought it would be the MR and affordable apts that would be the same...
I was quite surprised if I’m being honest. The condos are selling at around $2,000 a foot. My main curiosity comes from the fact that the developer is using the same marketing material and pictures from their penthouse listing.

There are not any plans that have more actual photos of the units. Just snippets of the penthouse chopped up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery