Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2023, 04:10 PM

453 posts, read 498,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
Hopefully these apartments will be the same as market rate apartments hopefully they will have the same appliances
According to the HC post, I would guess so - seems odd to specify "High-end kitchen appliances
High-end countertops and finishes" if they were planning to cheap out on those.

Also - this is one of the uber luxe developments that rarely pops up on the lottery, and there must be some branding / image concerns if they were to give lottery tenants the crap stuff and then risk that being posted on social media or whatever (and putting off the kinda high net worth types they're probably hoping to attract for market rate sales and rentals!)

EDIT: Am way to invested in this one. I've been waiting for this one to pop up for over a year and growing weary with their ever-extending waiting times (first advertised as leasing late summer 2022...then winter 2022...then spring 2023...now on to September 2023 for move-ins, apparently!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2023, 04:23 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,862,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
According to the HC post, I would guess so - seems odd to specify "High-end kitchen appliances
High-end countertops and finishes" if they were planning to cheap out on those.

Also - this is one of the uber luxe developments that rarely pops up on the lottery, and there must be some branding / image concerns if they were to give lottery tenants the crap stuff and then risk that being posted on social media or whatever (and putting off the kinda high net worth types they're probably hoping to attract for market rate sales and rentals!)

EDIT: Am way to invested in this one. I've been waiting for this one to pop up for over a year and growing weary with their ever-extending waiting times (first advertised as leasing late summer 2022...then winter 2022...then spring 2023...now on to September 2023 for move-ins, apparently!)
Brit, They actually confirmed materials are the same as their condo units, this was asked and answered via Instagram, they also confirmed deposit is $500.

Old 04-20-2023, 12:37 PM

453 posts, read 498,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Brit, They actually confirmed materials are the same as their condo units, this was asked and answered via Instagram, they also confirmed deposit is $500.
Yep, thought so, I'm glad someone asked and confirmed it! Actually a good sign that they are being so communicative as plenty of developers will not answer such questions or interact with lottery tenants at all until after the drawing.

In fact, after I joined their mailing list I even had a phone call from one of their people asking about my income, preferred apartment size, household size and so, which I found interesting! I wonder what they are doing with that info, so soon before the lottery ends? (If indeed it doesn't get extended which seems to be common with the uber luxe ones)

Old 04-20-2023, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
Yep, thought so, I'm glad someone asked and confirmed it! Actually a good sign that they are being so communicative as plenty of developers will not answer such questions or interact with lottery tenants at all until after the drawing.

In fact, after I joined their mailing list I even had a phone call from one of their people asking about my income, preferred apartment size, household size and so, which I found interesting! I wonder what they are doing with that info, so soon before the lottery ends? (If indeed it doesn't get extended which seems to be common with the uber luxe ones)
Same, I had a missed call and received a follow up text. Yeah, I find it a bit strange asking for that as well given it's a lottery- I also tend to follow them on Instagram.

I'm intersted but only if the bedroom size is comparable to what I have now. I'm also curious about the amenity fee (I dont care about anything other than the gym) I was super excited that it was Lifetime but my building is also getting Lifetime, though not until 2024. I'll have to ask when they pop up on my feed again.

Last edited by Marshabrady; 04-20-2023 at 01:35 PM..

Old 04-21-2023, 07:06 AM

64 posts, read 60,782 times
Just got an email to schedule a viewing for the apartments. Not sure what the goal of that would be seeing as there’s no log numbers out and you would just be getting peoples hopes up if they have a terrible log number.

Old 04-21-2023, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partytime980 View Post
Just got an email to schedule a viewing for the apartments. Not sure what the goal of that would be seeing as there’s no log numbers out and you would just be getting peoples hopes up if they have a terrible log number.
I agree but I would go to see if it’s worth it. I would love to see the 1 bedrooms layouts offered for the lottery.

Old 04-21-2023, 08:58 AM

585 posts, read 584,789 times
Quote:
Are they gonna show u the market rate or lottery apartments?

Old 04-21-2023, 09:06 AM

64 posts, read 60,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
Are they gonna show u the market rate or lottery apartments?
Not sure! This was the exact email.

“We are now officially taking a select number of appointments to view the apartments and amenities at The Brooklyn Tower (55 Fleet Street). By clicking on the scheduling link below, you will have a chance to view apartments and tour the amenities. Your appointment should be around 30 minutes, and you will be joined by as many as 2 other groups of applicants.

Note: Receiving this email does NOT mean that you have been approved / selected in the lottery. The affordable housing lottery for The Brooklyn Tower is open until May 30th. Viewings are offered as a courtesy, and there is very limited availability.”

It came from the Brooklyn lottery email so I’m assuming lottery apartments ? But I scheduled my viewing for may 6 (which is the first date they offer) so I should find out then.

Old 04-21-2023, 09:12 AM

1 posts, read 922 times
Quote:
Same here. I'm finding their lottery process so... odd. What's with all the outreach if the lottery just launched?

Old 04-21-2023, 09:18 AM

200 posts, read 208,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clinomania View Post
Same here. I'm finding their lottery process so... odd. What's with all the outreach if the lottery just launched?
How many people apply though who are not in the right Ami? How many who are are thinking this might be a bit too expensive for them or are currently considering other places? I think they have to do the outreach to get people invested (I.e people who are not already reading this thread!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery