Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2023, 01:03 AM

147 posts, read 164,600 times

Advertisements

I don’t think I’ve ever been so jealous. This looks ****ing AMAZING wtf !!! There should’ve been more inclusivity w the AMIS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2023, 07:10 AM

6,682 posts, read 6,027,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMocha0608 View Post
I don’t think I’ve ever been so jealous. This looks ****ing AMAZING wtf !!! There should’ve been more inclusivity w the AMIS.
I wish I started this thread. I'd call it "9 DeKalb (Brooklyn Tower): Lottery of all Lotteries! "

Old 03-30-2023, 07:17 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,837,173 times
Housing Lottery Launches For 120 Units At The Brooklyn Tower At 55 Fleet Street In Downtown Brooklyn

https://newyorkyimby.com/2023/03/hou...-brooklyn.html

Amenities include an attended lobby, package valet, pet-friendly policies, dog park, common area Wi-Fi, media room, children’s playroom and playground, recreation room, library lounge, billiards room, screening room, meeting room, fitness center, basketball court, and a storage, recycling center, on-site resident manager, rooftop deck with barbecue grills and a fire pit, and a 75-foot-long lap pool and kids pool.

Tenants get one month free on a first lease term and a $500 security deposit on any unit size. There are additional membership fees for the Life Time Fitness gym in the podium, which includes group fitness and private training, cafe, and chiropractic services.

Old 03-30-2023, 07:27 AM

603 posts, read 599,759 times
Life Time Fitness is anywhere from 250-300 per month, probably closer to $300. Hopefully some discounts for residents.

Old 03-30-2023, 08:58 AM

726 posts, read 808,393 times
Maybe it’s me but I absolutely don’t find this building as exciting as others. It’s extremely over priced

Old 03-30-2023, 09:08 AM

44 posts, read 44,074 times
the city need to reign in these exemptions. anyone who can afford nearly $3K for a studio does not need "affordable" housing. plenty of studios in manhattan for that price, let alone bk. these lotteries are getting closer and closer to market rate. theyre taking the tax cut and still making all the profit they would otherwise. the city needs to crack down. im so tired of this.

Old 03-30-2023, 09:10 AM

954 posts, read 933,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexyStarr View Post
Maybe it’s me but I absolutely don’t find this building as exciting as others. It’s extremely over priced
It’s overpriced and way too tall. It towers over most of Brooklyn. I can imagine what it’s like when it starts to sway lol.

Old 03-30-2023, 09:31 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,837,173 times
What I'm afraid is like what happened with One Boerum Place which everyone thought the units offered will be as beautiful as the residences (market rate) but it ended up the affordable units finishes & layouts were way far different from it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Yeah, I agree. If I apply and lucky enough to get a log number like I did for BC or Gold Street the apt would need to be comparable, my hesitation would be the cost of the amenities…

Old 03-30-2023, 09:37 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,861,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
What I'm afraid is like what happened with One Boerum Place which everyone thought the units offered will be as beautiful as the residences (market rate) but it ended up the affordable units finishes were way far different from it!
Someone asked that question on Instagram and their answer was "Same quality and finishes through and through" but I guess time will tell....

Old 03-30-2023, 09:42 AM

603 posts, read 599,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
What I'm afraid is like what happened with One Boerum Place which everyone thought the units offered will be as beautiful as the residences (market rate) but it ended up the affordable units finishes & layouts were way far different from it!
Oh yeah, One Boerum MR units are amazing, then the affordable units came out and it was nowhere close to it. Not to mention the size of the units.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery