Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2023, 09:48 AM

17 posts, read 22,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexyStarr View Post
Maybe it’s me but I absolutely don’t find this building as exciting as others. It’s extremely over priced
Same! It’s waayyyyy overpriced. & I’m almost certain it will be different from MR. The finishes might be the same, that’s how my lottery apartment is, but the appliances are lower end stainless steel, washer and dryer lower end… still great, but different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2023, 10:04 AM

962 posts, read 938,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
What I'm afraid is like what happened with One Boerum Place which everyone thought the units offered will be as beautiful as the residences (market rate) but it ended up the affordable units finishes & layouts were way far different from it!
Where do you see the lottery apartments for One Boerum?

Old 03-30-2023, 10:10 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,842,684 times
If you look up One Boerum Place thread in here, plenty posts about it shared by the forum members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani15 View Post
Where do you see the lottery apartments for One Boerum?

Old 03-30-2023, 11:14 AM

962 posts, read 938,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
If you look up One Boerum Place thread in here, plenty posts about it shared by the forum members.
Okay I will check it out

Old 03-30-2023, 12:00 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,897,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexyStarr View Post
Maybe it’s me but I absolutely don’t find this building as exciting as others. It’s extremely over priced
it's not even the price for me.. it's extremely gaudy af. these irregular room designs and the rooftop exterior ew. wtf

good luck to those who apply tho *runs away*

Old 03-30-2023, 12:20 PM

6,689 posts, read 6,040,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
it's not even the price for me.. it's extremely gaudy af. these irregular room designs and the rooftop exterior ew. wtf

good luck to those who apply tho *runs away*
It does give a gaudy impression but that I don't mind. My only fear is that it's too huge and may be the subject of a towering inferno, or plane crash, or earthquake topple over, who knows at this point. The bigger something is the bigger the disaster - just like the Titanic, or Grenfell Tower, or the World Trade Center. I do fear huge structures. But once again, if you're living in them, you don't notice the outward appearance, if that makes any sense.

Old 03-30-2023, 12:27 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,842,684 times
Apparently Brooklyn Tower is #10 of the tallest buildings in NYC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._New_York_City

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
It does give a gaudy impression but that I don't mind. My only fear is that it's too huge and may be the subject of a towering inferno, or plane crash, or earthquake topple over, who knows at this point. The bigger something is the bigger the disaster - just like the Titanic, or Grenfell Tower, or the World Trade Center. I do fear huge structures. But once again, if you're living in them, you don't notice the outward appearance, if that makes any sense.

Old 03-30-2023, 12:40 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,865,667 times
Quote:
Meh, I'm still on the fence but if I apply and I'm lucky enough to get a low log #, I will take gaudy, I've seen worse

Old 03-30-2023, 12:46 PM

6,689 posts, read 6,040,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Meh, I'm still on the fence but if I apply and I'm lucky enough to get a low log #, I will take gaudy, I've seen worse
True. Especially with all these terrible lotteries coming out these days

Old 03-30-2023, 12:59 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,865,667 times
Quote:
True. Especially with all these terrible lotteries coming out these days
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery