Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2023, 03:05 PM

199 posts, read 207,720 times

Advertisements

It’s interesting because based on the sq.ft advertised , the one bedrooms are probably the best value- they’re advertised as 600 to 740 feet which isn’t terrible for these new builds. The studios start from 400 ft so I can see them feeling small when visiting.
This hasn’t put me off but it’s definitely made me a bit less excited which considering logs haven’t come out yet is not really a bad thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2023, 03:18 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,859,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blus19 View Post
It’s interesting because based on the sq.ft advertised , the one bedrooms are probably the best value- they’re advertised as 600 to 740 feet which isn’t terrible for these new builds. The studios start from 400 ft so I can see them feeling small when visiting.
This hasn’t put me off but it’s definitely made me a bit less excited which considering logs haven’t come out yet is not really a bad thing!
You’re right, the problem is that they have such weird angles that you would need to be creative. Yes, Ofcourse you might be pleasantly surprised. In a perfect world, I would have loved to view all three one bedroom layouts, then if I had a low log and one of the other worked then yes, but if based on what I saw, hell no, not for almost 3K plus amenities…. They couldn’t even say how much amenities would be.

It’s 90% out of my system but if I get a low log I would go through it to see the other two layouts…

Old 05-06-2023, 06:57 PM

101 posts, read 87,116 times
Here are images of the studio
https://imgur.com/a/bgqS9wq

1 bedroom
https://imgur.com/a/MI5nlyn

I might’ve been more impressed if they showed us the apartments on the 30th floor with sweeping views and larger layouts, but the units I saw left a lot to be desired. +no island, not a lot of counter space, or space in general. Also as Marsha said the layouts are angular af.

Old 05-06-2023, 07:15 PM

293 posts, read 222,544 times
Thank you everyone for reporting back!! They looks so angular lmao.

Old 05-07-2023, 12:13 AM

394 posts, read 370,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nylkoorb View Post

1 bedroom

I might’ve been more impressed if they showed us the apartments on the 30th floor with sweeping views and larger layouts, but the units I saw left a lot to be desired. +no island, not a lot of counter space, or space in general. Also as Marsha said the layouts are angular af.
Thank you for sharing! The 1br looks amazing!!

Old 05-07-2023, 01:57 AM

954 posts, read 932,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Ok, just came back from the apt tour at Brooklyn Tower. I’m glad I did and for me in this moment, it would be a hard pass. We were shown a studio, one bedroom and a two bedroom, all on the 16th floor. I didn’t take any pics, simply wasn’t worth doing so for me.

I still like the finishings BUT everything felt compact. The apartments are TINY, the studio was big enough to MAYBE fit a full size bed and maybe a side table if you’re lucky and you will not be entertaining, maybe big enough for two people to stand after furniture. Same for the one bedroom, lots of awkward angles that make it difficult to fit furniture.
My one bedroom feels bigger than the two bedroom. Of the two bedroom, the smaller room was good for maybe a small nursery or kid’s room with a twin bed, no way a family could grow in that space.. The “master” unlikely to fit a queen bed with any room to move. I think the apartments in general just all had weird angles and the layouts I’ve seen will make them challenging to fill with furniture.

The one bedroom was under 700sq but felt closer to 550, again weird a** angles.

Lottery apartments will only go up to 31 though will be mixed with MR apartments.

If selected, you will be given three floor plans to choose from. We were not shown any amenities as they’re still under construction, this was a very short tour.

Based on what I’ve seen, you’re paying for location and amenities) if you choose) because, just no.

What I did like: finishes, all the bathrooms are showers, no bath, F2C windows, WIC, gas’s stove, ton of sunlight.
On 16 but could not hear anything outside, and the ceilings felt super high. Also keyless entry but can’t remember it’s FOB.
Thanks for this. I’ll go and check it out myself

Old 05-07-2023, 02:12 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,835,300 times
Thanks for sharing! I'm not a fan of its studio but the 1BR is not that bad. I like the bathroom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nylkoorb View Post

1 bedroom

Old 05-07-2023, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Thanks for sharing! I'm not a fan of its studio but the 1BR is not that bad. I like the bathroom!
Go for the tour then tell us what you think

Old 05-07-2023, 02:38 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,835,300 times
Now that I knew more or less the units that will be assigned for the affordable, I may wanna sign up for the MR units tour & see the difference if there is any.

Oh, I have a question, I didn't see any W/D in those pictures but when you did the tour those units have W/D, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
Go for the tour then tell us what you think

Old 05-07-2023, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Now that I knew more or less the units that will be assigned for the affordable, I may wanna sign up for the MR units tour & see the difference if there is any.

Oh, I have a question, I didn't see any W/D in those pictures but when you did the tour those units have W/D, no?
Yes, they all have in unit W/D. Like you I loved the bathrooms. There were also two garbage containers under the kitchen sink. I’m curious too. From Instagram, the apts for sale look more straight.

Keep in mind we were only shown one floor plan. We were told there were three to choose from. Bummer we couldn’t see all three.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery