Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2023, 06:24 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,872,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
From the looks of things I don't think Lifetime is going to be open (most of) that first year either.
BC is also getting Lifetime and from what I’ve seen it might sooner then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2023, 07:04 AM

64 posts, read 61,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
huh - I did NOT get this email, even though I have the confirmation for signing up! What size apartment did you tell them you were interested in? I told them 2- or 3-bedroom, so I wonder if they are starting with the 1-beds or something?
I only qualify for a 2 bed so not sure how they’re choosing people for this.

Old 04-25-2023, 11:25 AM

453 posts, read 501,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by partytime980 View Post
I only qualify for a 2 bed so not sure how they’re choosing people for this.
Maybe it is in order or when you signed up to the email list. I signed up after the lottery was already live so possibly late to the party.

Old 04-25-2023, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Maybe it is in order or when you signed up to the email list. I signed up after the lottery was already live so possibly late to the party.
They told me "We randomly selected applicants from those who emailed us and confirmed they applied for the lottery" who knows...

Old 04-25-2023, 01:28 PM

453 posts, read 501,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
They told me "We randomly selected applicants from those who emailed us and confirmed they applied for the lottery" who knows...
Oh, huh! Lucky! Wonder if they'll be doing this in batches or whether I missed the boat this time.

I would go and view market rate but I know how aggressive those sales people can be - when I went to visit another building they wanted to know full names, DOB, address, phone numbers for both of us! And had us fill in forms and all sorts. It was a lot.

Old 04-25-2023, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Oh, huh! Lucky! Wonder if they'll be doing this in batches or whether I missed the boat this time.

I would go and view market rate but I know how aggressive those sales people can be - when I went to visit another building they wanted to know full names, DOB, address, phone numbers for both of us! And had us fill in forms and all sorts. It was a lot.
That's hilarious. I did that with Plank Road, didn't have to fill out any paperwork. Got approved for Brooklyn Crossing - asked to go look at my apt a second time and sure enough, it was the same broker that showed me Plank Road. Busted We had a good laugh about it though and now she's a new friend.

Old 05-01-2023, 02:25 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,851,840 times
I checked out Lifetime website today & apparently Lifetime will also open a working space in Brooklyn Tower:

Health club: https://www.lifetime.life/life-time-.../waitlist.html

Working space: https://work.lifetime.life/locations...lyn-tower.html

Old 05-01-2023, 07:44 PM

412 posts, read 597,444 times
Would I pay 2800 if I get offered this place

I don't want to put too much effort into thinking about this building. I was really invested in 1 Boreum and really wanted it despite knowing it's a lottery. My log was insanely high. I have no doubt tons of people applied to this one too.

Old 05-01-2023, 10:16 PM

586 posts, read 588,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
Would I pay 2800 if I get offered this place

I don't want to put too much effort into thinking about this building. I was really invested in 1 Boreum and really wanted it despite knowing it's a lottery. My log was insanely high. I have no doubt tons of people applied to this one too.
1 boerum isn't all that the apartments itself is different and smaller than the market rate ...they made the lottery apartments lower quality

Old 05-02-2023, 04:09 PM

101 posts, read 88,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by partytime980 View Post
Not sure! This was the exact email.

“We are now officially taking a select number of appointments to view the apartments and amenities at The Brooklyn Tower (55 Fleet Street). By clicking on the scheduling link below, you will have a chance to view apartments and tour the amenities. Your appointment should be around 30 minutes, and you will be joined by as many as 2 other groups of applicants.

Note: Receiving this email does NOT mean that you have been approved / selected in the lottery. The affordable housing lottery for The Brooklyn Tower is open until May 30th. Viewings are offered as a courtesy, and there is very limited availability.”

It came from the Brooklyn lottery email so I’m assuming lottery apartments ? But I scheduled my viewing for may 6 (which is the first date they offer) so I should find out then.
Ask lots of questions for us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery