Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2023, 08:03 PM

62 posts, read 88,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasstronamicle View Post
Any one with a disability get contacted? I’m log 29xx and got no contact
They’ve already contacted those applicants. Chances are they already reached their limit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2023, 05:14 PM

122 posts, read 118,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkbound7 View Post
I emailed HPD in regards of the ME allotment and was told that there are 6 units remaining for this preference.
Thanks for this update. I was waiting for any ME news

Old 09-11-2023, 07:12 AM

22 posts, read 14,679 times
Quote:
Yes. ME preference was included on their housing connect post. Yes it does seem ME was the last preference. CB & mobility were completed.
sorry, i had meant if they would even contact ME preference before GP as 6 unit ties to the full allotment of ME units for this building. (Asking bc I also am ME preference and in 9xx log)

Old 09-11-2023, 07:41 AM

171 posts, read 128,156 times
I think they are calling concurrent. They are reviewing applications 100-109 of GP, but someone in the threads log # is 33X with ME preference was contacted for docs.

Old 09-11-2023, 09:23 AM

275 posts, read 203,389 times
I tried searching on this thread, but way too many pages to go through ... Anyone from ANY- Preferences -(ex: CB) accepted a studio and MOVED in(NOT asking about how it looks etc or layout etc ) for 40% AMI ? Thank you .

Last edited by Waterlinesquare; 09-11-2023 at 09:37 AM..

Old 09-11-2023, 10:04 AM

2,012 posts, read 1,631,017 times
Default “Search this Forum” on New York City Housing Lottery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlinesquare View Post
I tried searching on this thread, but way too many pages to go through ... Anyone from ANY- Preferences -(ex: CB) accepted a studio and MOVED in(NOT asking about how it looks etc or layout etc ) for 40% AMI ? Thank you .
When you say ‘tried searching’ do you mean you used the Search this Forum function, or did you mean scrolling and clicking tabs? The Search this Forum tool goes through all the pages for you very fast.

I used the Search this Forum function and got an answer about 40% at West 29th St right way. Try it yourself. It’s a powerful tool that any find information for you. Much faster than posting questions, possibly more accurate too.

At the “New York City Housing Lottery” page look for the Search this Forum at the extreme right of the header, click for the drop down menu. Go for it. Search on ‘Pets’, ‘Parking’, ‘Roommate’, ‘laundry’, “microwave’, whatever the concern is. If your search “40%” you will get a long list of posts.

Old 09-11-2023, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
When you say ‘tried searching’ do you mean you used the Search this Forum function, or did you mean scrolling and clicking tabs? The Search this Forum tool goes through all the pages for you very fast.

I used the Search this Forum function and got an answer about 40% at West 29th St right way. Try it yourself. It’s a powerful tool that any find information for you. Much faster than posting questions, possibly more accurate too.

At the “New York City Housing Lottery” page look for the Search this Forum at the extreme right of the header, click for the drop down menu. Go for it. Search on ‘Pets’, ‘Parking’, ‘Roommate’, ‘laundry’, “microwave’, whatever the concern is. If your search “40%” you will get a long list of posts.
Thank you but I know all about that .
I searched your way and don't see anything .
I searched (skipped through) through pages to read and found for 1 bedroom .
Actually the reason why I'm asking is NOT what you are thinking...
Someone replied to my email , me asking around how many units left for studio 40%AMI ( but their answer was odd and confusing) in general population.
Too much details to explain ,but I need to find out if any studio was taken already for any " Preferences " in 40% AMI .

Old 09-11-2023, 11:44 AM

171 posts, read 128,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlinesquare View Post
Thank you but I know all about that .
I searched your way and don't see anything .
I searched (skipped through) through pages to read and found for 1 bedroom .
Actually the reason why I'm asking is NOT what you are thinking...
Someone replied to my email , me asking around how many units left for studio 40%AMI ( but their answer was odd and confusing) in general population.
Too much details to explain ,but I need to find out if any studio was taken already for any " Preferences " in 40% AMI .
The only preferences that have been filled are CB & mobility & I’m pretty sure some studios were taken in that AMI. If the person you emailed can’t answer you then it’s just a waiting game at this point. I noticed previously you stated due to situations you are unable to wait……

Old 09-11-2023, 12:01 PM

Quote:
The only preferences that have been filled are CB & mobility & I’m pretty sure some studios were taken in that AMI. If the person you emailed can’t answer you then it’s just a waiting game at this point. I noticed previously you stated due to situations you are unable to wait……
Thank you so much .
They did answered me ...their answer was odd and confusing (don't want to email them again asking them to be more detailed )but if you said there were studios taken already for 40% AMI in any Preferences then, I CAN figure out the confusing of their email.

Old 09-12-2023, 05:31 AM

30 posts, read 35,795 times
Quote:
I think they are calling concurrent. They are reviewing applications 100-109 of GP, but someone in the threads log # is 33X with ME preference was contacted for docs.
I'm going to try to contact HPD and get a little more clarity on this. The person with log #33X I was pretty sure said they did NOT have ME preference? But maybe I read that wrong or they might have thought they didn't have the preference but actually did?

I am also confused how they only have 6 ME units. ME preference is supposed to make up 5% of all units. There are 235 units total, which means 11.75 units (rounded up to 12), so they should have 12 units designated solely for ME. My only guess is perhaps they filled half of that (6) with people from the CB, but CB is supposed to count as its own separate preference. I would have thought once they are done filling CB, they would start back to the beginning when it comes to ME. It also seems like they clearly are doing GP and ME at the same time (which I think is allowed as long as they fill the preference eventually, but it's good to know).

As someone who is 7XX with ME, I am anxiously awaiting to be called. I thought hopefully by Sept, but I feel like it may be months at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery