Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2023, 08:58 AM

62 posts, read 88,297 times

Advertisements

The constant spreading of misinformation is terribly sad. Harassing, calling and emailing 5th Ave committee isn’t going to get anyones log number fast tracked. Especially if you’re 1000+. There are hundreds of people before you. Some may qualify. Some won’t. Be patient and have your documents ready.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2023, 09:02 AM

275 posts, read 203,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkbound7 View Post
Ok. Can you actually give insight to something? Because you are saying you cannot but on other threads I’ve seen agents give helpful updates. Many questions & other things were addressed in this thread. It would be helpful if possible.
You are speaking to an impersonator.
Please becareful.

I have tried to ignore this person, but they have gone way too far !

They need to know the law before committing all these crimes ! Well they probably think they can commit fraudulent
crimes, since they think noone knows who they are by just a screen name .
But guess what ? If there's a will, there's a way .
My will " was to find who this person is (all the time that I was ignoring them ) .
Not that hard to find out their exact legal full name, because a lot of their information r public.

Last edited by Waterlinesquare; 09-16-2023 at 09:55 AM..

Old 09-16-2023, 09:17 AM

2,010 posts, read 1,628,911 times
“Announcement: Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

Old 09-16-2023, 11:25 AM

105 posts, read 88,476 times
I must say waterline square is an annoying mosquito on this forum. Please stop spamming us with your thoughts that don’t add anything to the conversation. You are so impatient and harrassing agents for information will not get you an apartment faster. I feel sorry for whoever your neighbors will be.

Old 09-16-2023, 12:16 PM

14 posts, read 10,459 times
Every time I come onto this forum, I get a little excited because I see new posts so I assume there must be an actual update. Only to discover it’s the same old thing. The number one piece of advice I have always seen with lotteries is patience which is clear that many need to practice. I have to agree that harassing agents about batches and remaining apts will not have them go faster- if anything it’s hindering them from the work that they’re doing.

Anyway, I hope everyone finds their new home wherever that may be!

Old 09-16-2023, 01:45 PM

42 posts, read 31,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlinesquare View Post
@mashmallow- b.
Your as* will be reported to this development, ..: blah blah
I’m sorry everyone has to deal Waterlinesquare’s nonsense on this thread.

Let’s hope good things come to those who wait. I’ll bow out of this thread, if my experience through the process can help anyone else, please check my previous posts. All the best!

Old 09-18-2023, 12:45 PM

30 posts, read 35,785 times
Well I feel like everything on here escalated rather quickly lol Here is what I do know:

I called HPD and they told me they cannot tell me where they are in terms of log numbers or anything like that unless I was ACTUALLY already called (which I haven't been). They did say though that for something like ME preference, which is small, it is absolutely normal/acceptable for an agency to be processing both ME and GP at the same exact time.

Also to alleviate anyone's concerns about random drawings, HPD (as confirmed by the person I spoke to) exists to be checking that they are processing the log #s in the proper order. If for some reason an agency skipped over a log #, HPD would be checking to see the log # before them that was processed and make sure that no log # was skipped. So essentially you are looking at a 2-step verification process (both the agency and HPD) that is checking everything is done in the proper order.

I think of the verified info we have from this forum we can all assume the following:

1. They have finished CB preference and are processing GP. They got through all least the first 1-100 (109?) log #s.
2. They might be processing ME preference at the same time and in theory, they should have approx 12 apartments designated for this preference total. Some numbers that are currently being looked at might qualify as ME.

If they feel comfortable doing so, I would love for the person who was Log #33x to clarify if they are ME or not and when they were contacted. That would be a big help in trying to figure out where they are in the process.

This lottery is definitely taking way longer than other lotteries I have gone through, but each lottery is different and unfortunately has a different pace.

I will say aside from a few outliers, this forum has been great for giving a lot of helpful information and the google doc sheet in particular is very helpful. I hope it can continue to be a place people feel comfortable sharing info in! Fingers crossed for everyone!

Old 09-18-2023, 12:55 PM

65 posts, read 47,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingonaprayerinnyc View Post
Well I feel like everything on here escalated rather quickly lol Here is what I do know:

I called HPD and they told me they cannot tell me where they are in terms of log numbers or anything like that unless I was ACTUALLY already called (which I haven't been). They did say though that for something like ME preference, which is small, it is absolutely normal/acceptable for an agency to be processing both ME and GP at the same exact time.

Also to alleviate anyone's concerns about random drawings, HPD (as confirmed by the person I spoke to) exists to be checking that they are processing the log #s in the proper order. If for some reason an agency skipped over a log #, HPD would be checking to see the log # before them that was processed and make sure that no log # was skipped. So essentially you are looking at a 2-step verification process (both the agency and HPD) that is checking everything is done in the proper order.

I think of the verified info we have from this forum we can all assume the following:

1. They have finished CB preference and are processing GP. They got through all least the first 1-100 (109?) log #s.
2. They might be processing ME preference at the same time and in theory, they should have approx 12 apartments designated for this preference total. Some numbers that are currently being looked at might qualify as ME.

If they feel comfortable doing so, I would love for the person who was Log #33x to clarify if they are ME or not and when they were contacted. That would be a big help in trying to figure out where they are in the process.

This lottery is definitely taking way longer than other lotteries I have gone through, but each lottery is different and unfortunately has a different pace.

I will say aside from a few outliers, this forum has been great for giving a lot of helpful information and the google doc sheet in particular is very helpful. I hope it can continue to be a place people feel comfortable sharing info in! Fingers crossed for everyone!

That was great, thank you very much. All we gotta do is to wait patiently, nothing else could be done. I’m in the early 2000 log #, and i have a slight hope that they will reach my number but I’m holding on to it. I wish everyone good luck.

Old 09-18-2023, 04:46 PM

497 posts, read 456,956 times
Is this building on hold too ?

Old 09-19-2023, 05:32 AM

250 posts, read 250,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yah22 View Post
That was great, thank you very much. All we gotta do is to wait patiently, nothing else could be done. I’m in the early 2000 log #, and i have a slight hope that they will reach my number but I’m holding on to it. I wish everyone good luck.
My log number was in the 2,000s as CB. I got called rather quick. I’m sure you’ll get called with a 2k log number as GP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery