Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2023, 07:58 PM

497 posts, read 457,265 times

Advertisements

My number is 1xxx and I have not been contacted either…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2023, 08:20 PM

82 posts, read 72,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ispynyc View Post
You should join the WhatsApp group for neighbor where we discuss things like this. I’ll dm it to you.

The on site manager is a temp also until the regular property manager returns. We don’t pay for water here. Just heat, lights, air conditioning, and anything that uses electricity lol
How do I join this app?

Old 10-02-2023, 08:33 PM

13 posts, read 16,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodleloo View Post
2,XXX. I have mobility preference but I thought this thread said they’re done fulfilling that already.
Congratulations! You will be moving in in no time. Are you low or high 2xxx? And what AMI/br are you? I am curious as I have mobility preference as well.

Old 10-02-2023, 09:04 PM

8 posts, read 6,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strm777 View Post
Congratulations! You will be moving in in no time. Are you low or high 2xxx? And what AMI/br are you? I am curious as I have mobility preference as well.
Haha, I hope so too! Waiting on HPD now.
I’m in low 2,XXX. I’m at 60%AMI.
I got to see two units.
The 1bdrm unit that was shown to me was a mobility unit.
But the studio that they showed me was not.
So I’m not even sure if they’re even still filling the mobility preference.

Old 10-03-2023, 04:51 AM

171 posts, read 128,156 times
Congrats & good luck to you!

Old 10-03-2023, 04:53 AM

171 posts, read 128,156 times
Once again this lottery confuses me lol. Because if they aren’t filling mobility… my log is 1,4xx, 60% AMI & I wasn’t contacted. I also have municipal preference.

Old 10-03-2023, 08:04 AM

10 posts, read 12,887 times
I'm number 27x and no contact yet too.

Old 10-03-2023, 09:26 AM

275 posts, read 203,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdeasis View Post
I'm number 27x and no contact yet too.
Thank u for your post .
You have an amazing lucky log#(very low log #) .

You will be contacted very very soon, you should get most of the documents ready NOW! (the ones you have now) .
Pls keep us posted when they contact you, so that we would know around which log they are up to when they contact you.

Wish you best of luck!
Which AMI are you and for what size unit ? Thanks

Old 10-03-2023, 10:07 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,631,017 times
Default More Mobility Units than lottery % required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkbound7 View Post
Once again this lottery confuses me lol. Because if they aren’t filling mobility… my log is 1,4xx, 60% AMI & I wasn’t contacted. I also have municipal preference.
Perhaps, it is the case that there are more units BUILT for mobility disabled tenants than is required by the mobility preference % allotment. If so, it could be the mobility preference % is filled, and the remaining units with mobility design features are being offered with out regard to mobility status. In fact, the rules of the lottery might demand just that. There was an earlier post that seemed to suggest that might have been the circumstances at that time.

‘ UFAS units, meaning they are built for and have features for mobility disabled tenants. We can offer you one of these units, but please keep this in mind.‘

Old 10-03-2023, 10:09 AM

105 posts, read 88,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Perhaps, it is the case that there are more units BUILT for mobility disabled tenants than is required by the mobility preference % allotment. If so, it could be the mobility preference % is filled, and the remaining units with mobility design features are being offered with out regard to mobility status. In fact, the rules of the lottery might demand just that. There was an earlier post that seemed to suggest that might have been the circumstances at that time.

‘ UFAS units, meaning they are built for and have features for mobility disabled tenants. We can offer you one of these units, but please keep this in mind.‘
Even if that’s the case and mobility preference is filled, why is a higher log number being contacted first ? That part makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery