Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2024, 09:43 PM

72 posts, read 78,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locataire1 View Post
Question for those who live there with a South-facing window: does it get very hot in the sunny Summer days?
You’re very much welcome! I’m not S facing… but think I can still give a little insight into indoor temps. I’m E facing, getting direct sunlight until about 12:00 p.m. Yes, it gets HOT in the summer… but the bill wasn’t that bad. I draw the shades during the hottest points and keep the AC at ~78.

In the Winter however, the direct sunlight has been an advantage. I haven’t had to turn my heat on at all. My indoor temp maintains at ~80, which is comfortable for me, during the day. (83 on a sunny day… I just draw the shades and open windows and it cools down.)

The lowest I’ve seen it read is 78 at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2024, 10:15 AM

78 posts, read 28,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriNYC View Post
You’re very much welcome! I’m not S facing… but think I can still give a little insight into indoor temps. I’m E facing, getting direct sunlight until about 12:00 p.m. Yes, it gets HOT in the summer… but the bill wasn’t that bad. I draw the shades during the hottest points and keep the AC at ~78.

In the Winter however, the direct sunlight has been an advantage. I haven’t had to turn my heat on at all. My indoor temp maintains at ~80, which is comfortable for me, during the day. (83 on a sunny day… I just draw the shades and open windows and it cools down.)

The lowest I’ve seen it read is 78 at night.
Sounds like quite a comfy situation, thanks for the details. Hoping i ll have that sort of "problems" soon too

Old 01-11-2024, 02:40 PM

275 posts, read 203,098 times
Quote:
Sounds like quite a comfy situation, thanks for the details. Hoping i ll have that sort of "problems" soon too
Good luck in your appeal, I hope you win .
You mind letting us know what your log# is and for which AMI ?

My log# is 12** (4 digits) 40% AMI (studio or 1 bedroom).

Old 01-11-2024, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlinesquare View Post
Good luck in your appeal, I hope you win .
You mind letting us know what your log# is and for which AMI ?

My log# is 12** (4 digits) 40% AMI (studio or 1 bedroom).
Thanks! Log is 3** (3 digits) 40% AMI (1br)
Is this good?

Old 01-11-2024, 05:00 PM

122 posts, read 118,747 times
My log is 12xx and I haven’t been contacted yet.

Old 01-11-2024, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Is this good?
Yes , thank you.
I was saying I'm going for studio or 1 bedroom(which ever is available. I don't mind living in a box studio , all my life I had much worse so this is a blessing ) .

Do u know by any chance ? For currently how many units are left in 40% AMI?

Old 01-11-2024, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Is this good?
Yes , thank you.
I was saying I'm going for studio or 1 bedroom(which ever is available. I don't mind living in a box studio , all my life I had much worse so this is a blessing ) .

Old 01-11-2024, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlinesquare View Post
Yes , thank you.

I hear you - clean box and stable rent is fine by me as well - much better than other options.
I d be happy to help you but how/where do i get that sort of information?

Old 01-11-2024, 08:15 PM

62 posts, read 88,271 times
Quote:
Is this good?
Post edited* disregard. I misunderstood your post and thought you weren't called yet for further processing.Your log number is pretty low and you should definitely be moving in if all your documentation checks out.

Last edited by LCityGirl; 01-11-2024 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: Misunderstood original post

Old 01-17-2024, 07:04 AM

30 posts, read 35,781 times
Happy new year! With us now in mid Jan anyone hear any news on more log #s being called? Last posted they were up to #516. As I’m low #7xx I’m holding on with baited breath LOL also, did anyone have definitive confirmation that 100 AMI is done? I know someone said they posted that in here but looking back in the forum, I interpreted that as them filling up the reserved CB units, not necessarily all the 100 AMI units. Also could qualify for 60% depending how they calculate but I know they are supposedly running low on those too. If anyone has any info about either please post. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery