Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 10:41 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,988 times

Advertisements

Ok pardon me. "A couple of you on this thread". There really are only a few of you posting that are all upset with the monsters that live there anyway. So that is bordering on half. It also says something about those of you not taking issue with their comments. Your silence speaks volumes...

Last edited by availableusername; 12-06-2012 at 11:54 PM..

Old 12-07-2012, 05:36 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Quote:
Your silence speaks volumes...
And yours would speak even more.
But that doesn't stop you from blathering on when you have nothing to say except to attack posters.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 12-07-2012 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: Personal attack

Old 12-07-2012, 07:05 AM

5,462 posts, read 5,707,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
It also says something about those of you not taking issue with their comments. Your silence speaks volumes...
There is no point in talking to the extremists, it's not like any of us could change their opinions here. The only solution is to report their posts to the admins and let them sort it out.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:26 AM

4,697 posts, read 8,758,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Okay, I will do my own real estate research. So far cannot find anything on MLS for the areas. Will try private realtor websites for the areas.

I do not think the exact same reasons for lack of minorities apply to Breezy, Sea Gate, and the two notorious Bronx communities ("Private White Enclaves") mentioned on another thread as non-private areas that consist of high majority whites. In the other areas it is naturally occurring. In these areas, it is enforced by resident policies.
and I'm saying that if you took away you're imagined "enforcement"....it would naturally occur anyway. Which is why the two communities immediately east of Breezy have just about the same demographics.

Quote:
The Private White Enclaves have a wide reputation for being against selling to minorities. Places like the Upper East Side, etc., DO NOT. What do you think is the reason for that?
I think the "reputation" is mostly nonsense. At least in the case of Breezy and Sea Gate. I don't know anything about the private areas in the Bronx.

Quote:
That it is a TOTAL LIE that there is now or has ever been in their entire history any racism in terms of real estate selling in the Private White Enclaves? That it is just a figment of the imagination of the many people who believe it (which would represent a majority of area residents hallucinating)?
well it would be kind of hard for me to know what's going on in the heads of every single person that's ever lived in these communities. I will say that the idea that there is some grand conspiracy at play to keep minorities out is complete nonsense.

Quote:
The Private White Enclaves are not EXACTLY LIKE any other area that is majority white and do not have the same exact reasons for minorities not seeking homes there.

For example, when thinking of buying in one of the Private White Enclaves, a minority has some hurdles to overcome that they do not when thinking of buying in a public majority white neighborhood:

1. There is a need for multiple letters of recommendation from current residents. A minority is less likely to have multiple friends or relatives in neighborhoods that are majority white.

2. The Private White Enclaves have very bad reputations for being racist against minorities. A minority is much less likely to want to live in a place where s/he fears that their neighbors will hate them just for something they cannot help, who they were born as.

The above 2 points are a "win" for keeping Private White Enclaves as they are.
yet the results are the same whether the areas we've discussed are private or not. Ignore it all you want, it's the truth.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I don't care. Call me what you want. If you can change my opinion on it, then you're more than welcome to do so. I'm listening.

From my personal experience living out here (and I only speak with a humbling 31 years of experience living out here) majority of the Irish that live west of Beach 90th Street have the same racist attitude. But change the world. Start with me. I'm listening.
wow, the majority? Really? Lol... And are you sure you want to limit this to the Irish? What about the Italians and Jewish folks? Or do you automatically assume every white face on the peninsula is Irish?

And, since we're making generalizations, how would you characterize the non-whites east of 90th street?

Old 12-07-2012, 07:45 AM

34,080 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
wow, the majority? Really? Lol... And are you sure you want to limit this to the Irish? What about the Italians and Jewish folks? Or do you automatically assume every white face on the peninsula is Irish?

And, since we're making generalizations, how would you characterize the non-whites east of 90th street?
Not that many Jewish west of 90th.....they mostly live in Far Rockaway and Bayswater, and for the most part they do their own thing. I can walk in their part of town and not worry about racism, that's for sure.

Non-whites east of 90th....lol it's mostly ghetto. It is what it is. I know you get satisfaction out of me admitting that, but I never painted Far Rockaway as a squeaky clean place to begin with. I'm an equal-opportunity basher. I'm surrounded by projects, so I feel absolutely no problem admitting that.

But I will say this again, because I guess you didn't see the first time I posted. If you feel so strongly about my generalizations, I give you all the opportunity in the world to change my opinion. Otherwise don't bother arguing with me about it.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-07-2012, 08:56 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
And yours would speak even more.
But that doesn't stop you from blathering on when you have nothing to say except to attack posters.

I'm sorry are you bothered by feeling attacked? The problem with you is that you need to be silent more. When you wish death upon an entire community of people of whom you clearly know nobody from, you're going to be called the lowest form of sociopathic human fecal matter that exists. How would you feel if I made a comment like that about a neighborhood like Chelsea if something like this happened?

"Let them rot. Let them wither away.

Those filthy disease spreading queers can all suck each other off in the bottom of the river for all I care. Maybe it will lower the tax payers burden on aids meds..."

Last edited by bmwguydc; 12-07-2012 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 12-07-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Not that many Jewish west of 90th.....they mostly live in Far Rockaway and Bayswater, and for the most part they do their own thing. I can walk in their part of town and not worry about racism, that's for sure.
the residents of Neponsit disagree.
Quote:
Non-whites east of 90th....lol it's mostly ghetto. It is what it is. I know you get satisfaction out of me admitting that, but I never painted Far Rockaway as a squeaky clean place to begin with. I'm an equal-opportunity basher. I'm surrounded by projects, so I feel absolutely no problem admitting that.

But I will say this again, because I guess you didn't see the first time I posted. If you feel so strongly about my generalizations, I give you all the opportunity in the world to change my opinion. Otherwise don't bother arguing with me about it.
I think it would be far more entertaining to hear your various tales of dealing with prejudice and racism inflicted by the Irish.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:23 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
and I'm saying that if you took away you're imagined "enforcement"....it would naturally occur anyway. Which is why the two communities immediately east of Breezy have just about the same demographics.

I think the "reputation" is mostly nonsense. At least in the case of Breezy and Sea Gate. I don't know anything about the private areas in the Bronx.

well it would be kind of hard for me to know what's going on in the heads of every single person that's ever lived in these communities. I will say that the idea that there is some grand conspiracy at play to keep minorities out is complete nonsense.

yet the results are the same whether the areas we've discussed are private or not. Ignore it all you want, it's the truth.
So you believe this is just an urban legend. Of course everybody is entitled to their own opinion. However, I think the majority of NYC would differ with you on that.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:32 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
How does that excuse the exclusionary policies of the Private White Enclaves?

Say a man kills his wife. The police come and find out his wife had terminal cancer. They do not arrest the man because "the results would have been the same anyway ... she was going to die."

One has nothing to do with the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City