Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 05:22 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,600,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
This forum along with the Atlanta one I feel is representative of the country **regarding them constantly living in fear. I do notice that when I was abroad, the citizens were not always fearful/paranoid about sh**.
Hello, have a great Sunday, I am preparing and end of the world playlist for my walk. I got so far The End of the World as We Know it, by REM, Iron Man by Black SABBATH, Nothing Else Matters by Metalica, Dancing to the World End by Britany Spears any suggestions lol ? Be at peace folks.

Old 03-22-2020, 05:32 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
This thread has become like an ink blot of our greatest fears. Fear is contagious and can get irrational and perpetuate itself. This board over the years for me has seen hundreds of threads with the theme of " We are not safe, savage people are out there and going to get us ". Under the best of days people on this thread feared and fear mongered to I guess in some way gather together and make themselves fear together and thus feel better. Fear is contagious and after we take wise precautions to protect ourselves, fear will be paralyzing and have us afraid or hostile to people who offer us no harm. I fear that along with crime rising, the rise of innocent people being attacked or killed for looking scary or being a stranger in a neighborhood where they have to walk to because of legitimate reasons. Keep your cool folks. Perhaps it could be you some one irrationally is afraid of.
It wasn’t fear. It was outright hatred of the poor and racism. And people loved to brag about how they did all the right things, and how stupid those minorities were. So a big part of the board has now been laid off and has has had 401ks decimating and some worry about the value of their pensions as the government is going to print massive amounts of money to restart the economy. I assume real estate investors are worried as well. It’s really a different time.

For gentrifiers all the reasons they moved to NYC, close access to bars, restaurants, gyms, or whatever have been shutdown. Not even September 11th did this. Talk about the destruction of some’s NY dreams as you can stay in your house anywhere in the world.

So the scary person someone saw? I don’t think people are scared in those situations. It’s an attempt to dump on another person when their situation is falling apart.

Oh, and people here are fronting. All this right wing stuff and they are going to be applying for their government checks.

Old 03-22-2020, 05:39 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,618,483 times
Source please. 1 post and unable to find anything on the internet like this pertaining to March 24.

Old 03-22-2020, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
It wasn’t fear. It was outright hatred of the poor and racism. And people loved to brag about how they did all the right things, and how stupid those minorities were. So a big part of the board has now been laid off and has has had 401ks decimating and some worry about the value of their pensions as the government is going to print massive amounts of money to restart the economy. I assume real estate investors are worried as well. It’s really a different time.

For gentrifiers all the reasons they moved to NYC, close access to bars, restaurants, gyms, or whatever have been shutdown. Not even September 11th did this. Talk about the destruction of some’s NY dreams as you can stay in your house anywhere in the world.

So the scary person someone saw? I don’t think people are scared in those situations. It’s an attempt to dump on another person when their situation is falling apart.

Oh, and people here are fronting. All this right wing stuff and they are going to be applying for their government checks.
I may or may not agree. I just won't go political right now, plenty of time for that later. I have avoided direct political talk other then pointing out how unprofessional how Fox was in its coverage. They don't like science or facts and said this was all a hoax cause it fit their narratives. I think maybe we should all try to be more peaceful with each other. Lets promote being more peaceful. It's not about winning arguments for me. Lets all learn to reach other using different words. We all have common ground let's share it, but 6 feet apart.

Last edited by bxlover; 03-22-2020 at 06:02 AM..

Old 03-22-2020, 06:00 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,605,319 times
Why reduce trains if they want people to be far apart from each other? That makes no sense

Old 03-22-2020, 06:16 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,605,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
This will happen this week.
Well Maech 24 is 2 days from now, so yes that would be the case

Old 03-22-2020, 06:20 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,278,940 times
Quote:
Hello, have a great Sunday, I am preparing and end of the world playlist for my walk. I got so far The End of the World as We Know it, by REM, Iron Man by Black SABBATH, Nothing Else Matters by Metalica, Dancing to the World End by Britany Spears any suggestions lol ? Be at peace folks.
You're on the right track with Black Sabbath....perfect band to listen to for these times...

Wicked World.....the lyrics are almost perfect for Covid-19 crisis

Electric Funeral ….not bad either...

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath ...just after the 3 minute mark it gets very heavy...

Into the Void ...my fave Black Sabbath tune

Also...

The End …. The Doors

Future's So Bright... Timbuk 3

Ventilator Blues....The Rolling Stones

Trouble.....Cat Stevens...written when he thought he was going to die of T.B.

Old 03-22-2020, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
You're on the right track with Black Sabbath....perfect band to listen to for these times...

Wicked World.....the lyrics are almost perfect for Covid-19 crisis

Electric Funeral ….not bad either...

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath ...just after the 3 minute mark it gets very heavy...

Into the Void ...my fave Black Sabbath tune

Also...

The End …. The Doors

Future's So Bright... Timbuk 3

Ventilator Blues....The Rolling Stones

Trouble.....Cat Stevens...written when he thought he was going to die of T.B.
Thanks will explore your suggestions. A song by Travis Tritt " Great day to be alive " I think it's called. One can be happy just cause you have food on the table. In Spanish there is a song called El Gran Varon " by Willie Colon. Look up the lyrics in translation. It's a salsa record about the life of a transvestite who dies of aids. It's a beloved song and despite its morbid content talks about the damage prejudice can have in a family. It's a dark story and I raise it because music tells stories that go to the heart as powerfully as a novel or movie in just a few minutes. Yet, we can learn, dance, and enjoy the lessons so well. So grateful for your words.

Last edited by bxlover; 03-22-2020 at 06:53 AM..

Old 03-22-2020, 06:39 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times
Quote:
I may or may not agree. I just won't go political right now, plenty of time for that later. I have avoided direct political talk other then pointing out how unprofessional how Fox was in its coverage. They don't like science or facts and said this was all a hoax cause it fit their narratives. I think maybe we should all try to be more peaceful with each other. Lets promote being more peaceful. It's not about winning arguments for me. Lets all learn to reach other using different words. We all have common ground let's share it, but 6 feet apart.
I definitely agree about the need to learn empathy. Caring for what happens to other people is caring for yourself, as no one is immune to hard times. We have society and government for a reason and the world doesn’t revolve around someone’s portfolio or house as an investment.

Old 03-22-2020, 06:54 AM

20 posts, read 9,725 times
I wonder how #2 is going to get enforced. There's many parts of the BX you cant walk through because all the dindu nuffins are just chilling on the sidewalk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City