Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2021, 09:36 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,391,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
With over 60% of adults in NY vaccinated and the positivity rate currently only 0.5%, I'd say things looking positive and the vaccines are working tremendously. In fact, it's been over two weeks since the mask mandate has been lifted and cases have only been going down as more and more NYers take off their masks. So there's no reason to have mask mandates anymore. The vaccines work far better than these stupid mask!

Although I retired from a healthcare field, I still get mail from some related forums, and one senior physician, who measures antibody levels in a lot of his patients, has written that he thought Covid mRNA vaccines were literally the best vaccines we ever created. To the extent of my knowledge (virology was not my field), I do agree.

A mask is not effective at all if you keep pulling it up and down, or even keep touching it, in fact, that way you keep dragging more microbes into your airway. But if you put it on and keep it on until you wash your hands, and then remove it, it may decrease the viral load you inhale if a virus carrier sneezes next to you, ie, may help somewhat. The mask by itself only takes out a few bullets from Russian roulette. Obviously it does not compare with having immunity (which does not protect you 100%, but decreases your chance of serious covid illness well below the chance of getting an equally serious flu despite being vaccinated against flu).

Old 06-07-2021, 08:59 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,410,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Although I retired from a healthcare field, I still get mail from some related forums, and one senior physician, who measures antibody levels in a lot of his patients, has written that he thought Covid mRNA vaccines were literally the best vaccines we ever created. To the extent of my knowledge (virology was not my field), I do agree.

A mask is not effective at all if you keep pulling it up and down, or even keep touching it, in fact, that way you keep dragging more microbes into your airway. But if you put it on and keep it on until you wash your hands, and then remove it, it may decrease the viral load you inhale if a virus carrier sneezes next to you, ie, may help somewhat. The mask by itself only takes out a few bullets from Russian roulette. Obviously it does not compare with having immunity (which does not protect you 100%, but decreases your chance of serious covid illness well below the chance of getting an equally serious flu despite being vaccinated against flu).

That's what I don't get. People seem to lack trust in the science. All the doctors and politicians are saying that this vaccine is extremely effective and yet people are still hanging onto their masks. People have been scarred for life by the fear mongering media.

Old 06-07-2021, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I agree, I dont think they did squat foe us.

hoe disturbing was to see my great niece at 4 years old wearing a mask, i thought how sad is this.

like this is going to be some sort of normalcy, lets make our mask coordinate with our outfit.

OMG, no.

The masks are useless, especially here in our office, we wear them when we are away from our deskd, the same one, up and down, just for show until mgmnt says no more.

outside, nope not wearing one.

thats a done deal.'

i get he flu shot yearly anyway

There is a park across from where I live and in the afternoons on weekdays, I see these group of teenagers playing basketball with their masks on. It makes me want to cry seeing these poor kids growing up like this. This is no way to grow up and live our youth!

Old 06-08-2021, 07:03 AM

5,683 posts, read 2,612,281 times
Quote:
There is a park across from where I live and in the afternoons on weekdays, I see these group of teenagers playing basketball with their masks on. It makes me want to cry seeing these poor kids growing up like this. This is no way to grow up and live our youth!
You must live in a yuppie Area

Old 06-08-2021, 11:16 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,166,554 times
I think for now on there will be maskerbators and that's fine wear one for rest of your life just leave everyone be who don't want or need wear one anymore!!

Old 06-08-2021, 05:58 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
we have a park near us, night before last I had noticed that none of the boys playing basketball had masks on, and they shouldn't.
There is no reason to wear masks outside anymore, why can't these people get it thru their thick skulls, it is doing nothing, except blocking thier air passages, the human face is NOT meant to be blocked and breathing is not supposed to be obstructed.

It is time for the masks to be taken off and thrown away already! It is time!

Old 06-08-2021, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
we have a park near us, night before last I had noticed that none of the boys playing basketball had masks on, and they shouldn't.
There is no reason to wear masks outside anymore, why can't these people get it thru their thick skulls, it is doing nothing, except blocking thier air passages, the human face is NOT meant to be blocked and breathing is not supposed to be obstructed.

It is time for the masks to be taken off and thrown away already! It is time!

Like I said, the masks is nothing but a 100% political thing. People want to keep it on for political reasons and it's annoying!

Old 06-08-2021, 06:15 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,608,722 times
Quote:
Like I said, the masks is nothing but a 100% political thing. People want to keep it on for political reasons and it's annoying!
Someone posted this somewhere else and it’s true - for a large portion of the population, masks have become the left’s answer to the MAGA hat.

Old 06-08-2021, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
Someone posted this somewhere else and it’s true - for a large portion of the population, masks have become the left’s answer to the MAGA hat.

Yeah, someone said it to me in another thread. So it got me thinking and that's why I called my cousin in Florida and he proved my point. Why did everyone in Florida start taking off their masks indoors but here in NY people still are wearing them? And the same goes for CA as their mask mandate still goes on. It seems to be the blue states that are continuing with this unnecessary trend.

Last edited by TheWiseShopper; 06-08-2021 at 08:15 PM..

Old 06-09-2021, 01:43 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:

well they can, I don't give a ratzz azzz who wears one, I'm just not wearing one anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: