Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 06:57 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,461,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
They want this dude, and if not, they accept it and act defensive when regular people are turned off by the current state of things (looking at you buddy...).

Best thing to do is just leave. I did that. But since I'm stuck being connected to NYC because of my kids, I decided to keep profiting off of its degenerate slide. Hey, the city has to be good for something right?
I hear you brother. Sadly I'm still tied to the city for work, but my kids and wife are safe from the city at the moment where we purchased a house. Surrounded by like minded civil servants and we all look out for each other and the neighborhood. This is a very well armed area with families still love America. Some neighbors don't even lock their doors which is a little strange, but a testament to how safe it is up here.

Our school district just kicked out a superintendent who dared to try and bring that CRT stuff up here. We, as a community showed him the door. Gives me hope.

Every time I go down to the south Bronx for work I'm reminded why I now choose to drive 50 minutes to work every day. So worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2021, 07:12 PM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Hell yeah. Family first. The inmates can keep the asylum.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-10-2021, 08:15 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Hey Look she is running for Manhattan DA and already is refusing to prosecute crimes. LOL

https://elizaorlins.com/policies/fac...secute-policy/

We are now in a time where the chief law enforcement officials are telling you from the Get Go what crimes you CAN commit without going to Jail. CLOWN WORLD.
Don't be silly she lost and never came close
Orlins finished seventh of the 8 Democratic party candidates with 4% of the vote,
results certified July 20

Alvin Bragg is the Democratic nominee for Manhattan DA
winning with 34.3% of the vote

General election for Manhattan District Attorney on November 2, 2021.

__________________________________________________ __________

Eliza Orlins, 38 is an American lawyer and television personality from New York City. She is best known for her appearances on Survivor and The Amazing Race. Orlins is also a public defender with The Legal Aid Society

Last edited by jonbenson; 10-10-2021 at 09:24 PM..

Old 10-10-2021, 09:16 PM

1,046 posts, read 468,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Hey Look she is running for Manhattan DA and already is refusing to prosecute crimes. LOL

https://elizaorlins.com/policies/fac...secute-policy/

We are now in a time where the chief law enforcement officials are telling you from the Get Go what crimes you CAN commit without going to Jail. CLOWN WORLD.
Eliza Orlins was beat in the primary. Keep up. But I guess pointing fingers is easier.

Old 10-11-2021, 07:08 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,537,213 times
Liberals+Woke=Stupid

I'm asian so I'm good at math.

Old 10-11-2021, 07:13 AM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
It's not really that funny. I guess you can LYFAO if you want, doesn't make it go away or not be real.

Sept 2021

"Ben Dugan sat in an unmarked sedan in San Francisco's Tenderloin neighborhood one day last September waiting for the CVS to be robbed.

He tracked a man entering the store and watched as the thief stuffed more than $1,000 of allergy medicine into a trash bag, walked out and did the same at two other nearby stores, before loading them into a waiting van, Mr. Dugan recalled.

The target was no ordinary shoplifter. He was part of a network of organized professionals, known as boosters, whom CVS had been monitoring for weeks. The company believed the group responsible for stealing almost $50 million in products over five years from dozens of stores in Northern California. The job for Mr. Dugan, CVS Health Corp.'s top investigator, was to stop them.

Retailers are spending millions a year to battle organized crime rings that steal from their stores in bulk and then peddle the goods online, often on Amazon.com Inc.'s retail platform, according to retail investigators, law-enforcement officers and court documents. It is a menace that has been supercharged by the pandemic and the rapid growth of online commerce that has accompanied it.

"We're trying to control it the best we can, but it's growing every day," said Mr. Dugan.

The Coalition of Law Enforcement and Retail, a trade association, which Mr. Dugan heads, estimates organized retail theft accounts for around $45 billion in annual losses for retailers, up from $30 billion a decade ago. At CVS, reported thefts have ballooned 30% since the pandemic began.

Mr. Dugan's team, working with law enforcement, expects to close 73 e-commerce cases this year involving $104 million of goods stolen from multiple retailers and sold on Amazon. That compares with 27 cases in 2020, involving half the total.

Home Depot Inc. says the number of its investigations into these kinds of criminal networks has grown 86% since 2016. "The digital world has become a pretty easy way to move this product," Home Depot Chairman and CEO Craig Menear told investors in 2019."
My son is 12 and the baby formula was locked up depending on where I went, so I'm talking 12 years ago

Retail theft is not a new thing

The depleted shelves are more likely to come from shipping issues

People complain about the media but they let it spin them around like a top

Now as in SF's case, that more likely has to do with their laws

But let's not sit here and pretend stealing from stores is a brand new thing

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-11-2021, 09:23 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
My son is 12 and the baby formula was locked up depending on where I went, so I'm talking 12 years ago

Retail theft is not a new thing

The depleted shelves are more likely to come from shipping issues

People complain about the media but they let it spin them around like a top

Now as in SF's case, that more likely has to do with their laws

But let's not sit here and pretend stealing from stores is a brand new thing
Theft has always been part of doing business, but let's not pretend that it hasn't become a much bigger problem because it has. That is why some drugstores are closing because they are losing too much money to store theft.

Quote:
THEFT CASES MORE THAN DOUBLE AT CVS

Retailers are spending millions of dollars a year to battle organized crime rings that steal from their stores in bulk and then peddle the goods online.

The Food Institute Podcast · FI Fast Break News – Sept. 15, 2021
CVS Health Corp. investigator Ben Dugan noted the trend was growing every day, and the pandemic and rapid growth of online commerce continues to propel it. At CVS, reported thefts have grown 30% since the pandemic began.

Dugan’s team, which is working with law enforcement, expects to close 73 e-commerce cases this year involving $104 million of goods stolen from multiple retailers and sold on Amazon. The number of cases has more than doubled from 2020.
https://foodinstitute.com/focus/how-...retail-shrink/

And then there is this article: https://www.wsj.com/articles/cvs-hom...me-11630505851

Now drugstores can do well with some items they carry, but if your profits are being eaten up by theft, it's hard to keep eating those losses.

Old 10-11-2021, 09:29 AM

562 posts, read 463,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Theft has always been part of doing business, but let's not pretend that it hasn't become a much bigger problem because it has. That is why some drugstores are closing because they are losing too much money to store theft.

https://foodinstitute.com/focus/how-...retail-shrink/

And then there is this article: https://www.wsj.com/articles/cvs-hom...me-11630505851

Now drugstores can do well with some items they carry, but if you're profits are being eaten up by theft, it's hard to keep eating those losses.
It's not just drug stores that are experiencing high levels of shoplifting. I was in whole foods last week and witnessed a man, who was dressed as an amazon prime shopper (with the yellow vest) walk out with an entire cart of groceries. I observed that he wheeled the cart to the check out area and then ducked down, to remain inconspicuous as he scurried out of the store with a shopping cart full of food.

He probably worked in the past as a prime shopper. I sincerely hope he is not stealing and currently employed as a prime shopper.

Old 10-11-2021, 09:44 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
It's not just drug stores that are experiencing high levels of shoplifting. I was in whole foods last week and witnessed a man, who was dressed as an amazon prime shopper (with the yellow vest) walk out with an entire cart of groceries. I observed that he wheeled the cart to the check out area and then ducked down, to remain inconspicuous as he scurried out of the store with a shopping cart full of food.

He probably worked in the past as a prime shopper. I sincerely hope he is not stealing and currently employed as a prime shopper.
Did he have the Whole Foods Amazon bags or whatever they usually use? I shop at Whole Foods at least once or twice a week and they usually are just packing groceries as they are already paid for. That certainly would be interesting. There is security at most of the ones I frequent, although the ones in New Jersey, I feel like you could just walk out if you wanted to. lol I guess they think the people in the affluent suburban areas don't steal. In Manhattan though, there's usually one minimum, sometimes more depending on how big the store is.

Old 10-11-2021, 10:56 AM

2,982 posts, read 1,164,508 times
What most likely thing they to do is lock up meds in lock cabinets!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City