Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2021, 07:49 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,474,875 times

Advertisements

I see cigarettes,baby formulae locked up at the supermarket,but how can you run a business locking up every item?
Battery is popular ,cosmetics,even vaginal cream,but not aspirin?
once an obese woman shoplifted a frozen turkey between her legs,a man removed the lobster from its package and put it in box labelled turkey pot pie.
In 2008 2 Latino couples walked down the aisle,one couple removed that bar thing,the other then put them in the cart and walked out with them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2021, 07:50 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,765,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Sorry but that's Manhattan life

CVS around my way had an empty shelf of knee braces, that's all I noticed

Maybe they're stealing knee braces too now
But it's spreading to Queens. Roosevelt Ave & Northern Blvd in Flushing, specifically in the past few months.
The empty shelves may be a supply issue. You may have something there. All the while, I thought people were bulk buying again. But the locking up is a theft issue.

So... I've been going to the 99 cent stores but I have these points to redeem at DR so I make the unpleasant trek to DR every now & then. Oh, well. C'est la vie!

Old 10-11-2021, 07:53 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
But it's spreading to Queens. Roosevelt Ave & Northern Blvd in Flushing, specifically in the past few months.
The empty shelves may be a supply issue. You may have something there. All the while, I thought people were bulk buying again. But the locking up is a theft issue.

So... I've been going to the 99 cent stores but I have these points to redeem at DR so I make the unpleasant trek to DR every now & then. Oh, well. C'est la vie!
My son's in junior high now, they were locking up baby formula when he was a baby

Last time people really stole deodorant and stuff crack was out

Somebody posted they're selling the loot on Amazon, they really think meth heads are setting up FBAs? Come on lol ppl are really not using their brain here

If people are buying deodorant off somebody in the street during Covid that's more of a mental issue

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-11-2021, 07:56 PM

19,041 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Is there any crime that you don't laugh off as lies?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-11-2021, 07:59 PM

Quote:
My son's in junior high now, they were locking up baby formula when he was a baby

Last time people really stole deodorant and stuff crack was out

Somebody posted they're selling the loot on Amazon, they really think meth heads are setting up FBAs? Come on lol ppl are really not using their brain here

If people are buying deodorant off somebody in the street during Covid that's more of a mental issue
They've always locked up expensive items or highly coveted items (isn't baby formula expensive?). Even places like Bed, Bath & Beyond would lock up those items but you know something's up if they're locking up cheap toothpaste! I don't know who's been stealing them & what they're doing with them. Here I thought it was just random people using it for themselves like the same random people who jump turnstiles en masse. Who's talking about meth heads? And selling on ebay?

Old 10-11-2021, 07:59 PM

Yeah the crime of being gullible and misinformed

And the crime of thinking other people are responsible for making your life better (i.e. politicians)

Dont like it go live off the grid

Old 10-11-2021, 08:01 PM

Quote:
They've always locked up expensive items or highly coveted items (isn't baby formula expensive?). Even places like Bed, Bath & Beyond would lock up those items but you know something's up if they're locking up cheap toothpaste! I don't know who's been stealing them & what they're doing with them. Here I thought it was just random people using it for themselves like the same random people who jump turnstiles. Who's talking about meth heads? And selling on ebay?
A few pages back to the bolded, it was Amazon (not EBay) the poster mentioned

I just use colloquialism to say meth heads for people with substance issues

I don't think the mentally ill are coherent enough to steal in this manner

Old 10-11-2021, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
I see cigarettes,baby formulae locked up at the supermarket,but how can you run a business locking up every item?
Battery is popular ,cosmetics,even vaginal cream,but not aspirin?
once an obese woman shoplifted a frozen turkey between her legs,a man removed the lobster from its package and put it in box labelled turkey pot pie.
In 2008 2 Latino couples walked down the aisle,one couple removed that bar thing,the other then put them in the cart and walked out with them
Lol

Under Giuliani nobody stole

Old 10-11-2021, 08:10 PM

Quote:
A few pages back to the bolded, it was Amazon (not EBay) the poster mentioned

I just use colloquialism to say meth heads for people with substance issues

I don't think the mentally ill are coherent enough to steal in this manner
But you just said the theft of deodorant happened during the crack epidemic...

Anyway...why do you think the stores are locking up cheap household items the 99 cent stores don't even bother to lock up? You think it's all just for... show? All to create the illusion of crime that's non existent?

Old 10-11-2021, 08:16 PM

Quote:
But you just said the theft of deodorant happened during the crack epidemic...

Anyway...why do you think the stores are locking up cheap household items the 99 cent stores don't even bother to lock up? You think it's all just for... show? All to create the illusion of crime that's non existent?
I would never buy toothpaste from a 99 cent store

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City