Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 05:43 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,263,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Illegal immigrants are not allowed to vote, nonresident aliens- who are not illegal - can now vote.
Also, it is not nyc that destroys families, can’t blame the city for a bad marriage, although some can’t handle where the blame really lies.
You do realize that the city issues ID cards and licenses to illegal immigrants resding in NYC , right?

https://dmv.ny.gov/driver-license/dr...reen-light-law

When people go vote, what proof is usually sufficient?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2022, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
3 months in...and what positives have you spotted in adams' mayorship...??? are you still hopeful that he has the wits and ability to turn things around for NYers?

disappointment is being affirmed per my assessment.
I'm still giving him at least a year but to be honest the guy doesn't seem to have any creativity whatsoever.

He has some obsession about hiring black women (not black men?) but other than that, I can't point to a profound/creative policy initiative.

Old 04-01-2022, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Nothing annoys me except people who don’t admit to their mistakes (illegal don’t vote), tell lies, and those who don’t know and think they know. I think most people find the same thing pretty annoying.
I love a successful father, husband and friend and living in NJ is the best place to live imho. I love that you are happy and have tons of money and a wonderful life.
Just don’t lie.

You know nothing about me, so don’t judge.
You seem kind of miserable if you take the internet so seriously.

Are you willing to.claim that an illegal has never voted in an NYC election? Your statement (illegals don't vote) sounds absolute?

Old 04-01-2022, 04:52 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,687,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
While this might be still early to call, his acts and responses so far reveal him being a weak and woke mayor surrounded with a bunch of clueless officers that NYC will be stuck with for another 4 miserable years...you all take care and watch your back when you are out and about.
Since this thread is still going on, I'll again comment on the dates, and point out that you were complaining about him being a disappointment after LESS THAN THREE WEEKS in office.

Old 04-05-2022, 05:14 AM

16,091 posts, read 6,863,630 times
I still think we would have been better off with Curtis Sliwa.

Like him or hate him.... he knows the city ,he lives in the city and we
would have already seen positive results of his addressing crime .

Old 04-05-2022, 11:36 AM

2,627 posts, read 1,227,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post

Adams is showing fast that he lives in some sort of "La La Land" where NYC is a premiere destination that people are fighting to live in. That NYC is gone.

NYC has the history and foundation to be great again, but it will need to be re-invented. Trying to use the old appeals in the 2020s will not resonate with people who can live in nicer places, for cheaper, and still accomplish goals and build a brand for themselves.

Adams needs to get with the times and is very out of touch.

Old 04-05-2022, 01:19 PM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Quote:

What do you think Sliwa would have done differently? Besides give out red jackets and red berets.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-05-2022, 04:19 PM

5,831 posts, read 2,955,519 times
What people fail to notice is that NyC gets by all on its own even without leadership, just look at last 8 years.
Sometimes it’s a bit better, then it dips.
No matter how much crap NYPD gets, they still do their work.

Old 04-05-2022, 04:57 PM

5,147 posts, read 4,980,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
What do you think Sliwa would have done differently? Besides give out red jackets and red berets.

You bet that Sliwa wouldn't fill the city hall only with black females for whatever peculiar interest/motivation that Adams has in them...

Old 04-05-2022, 05:06 PM

5,147 posts, read 4,980,045 times
Quote:

IF not curtis, that yang guy would have done a 10x better job than the corrupt, sexist and racist adams.

under yang, at least everyone would have a chance to be picked to work in the city hall based on their intellectual competence, not because of their skin color and gender fall into a special taste...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City