Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 08:36 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,857 times

Advertisements

Which one??????? I recieved a 1968 model T Browning Hi-Power 9mm pistol for xmas from my uncle....There is a new Mossy 835 added in as well for geese this year.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:43 AM

904 posts, read 2,055,364 times
Good point on pipe-dreamers, JG. (And welcome back.)

I'd put my hopes on some young outsider before the old farts who sat around and watched this town run itself into the ground over the past 50 years. (That's not saying Scran's a prophet and the rest of you are old farts..)

Heh, weluv, you accused TheCommish of nit-picking right after you picked apart JG's list of pipe-dreamers!

Old 01-10-2009, 08:51 AM

904 posts, read 2,055,364 times
PS - we should add a Scranton native to that pipe-dreamer list--especially on the topic of urban decline--Jane Jacobs.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:59 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post

I think that all of us need to get together and have a coffee , shake hands and at least then we can put a face to each other which I think will help John and Paul get along and get me out of the house.
Can I join? Just so I can put a face to the voice from the radio? LOL!

Old 01-10-2009, 08:59 AM

858 posts, read 3,044,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Which one??????? I recieved a 1968 model T Browning Hi-Power 9mm pistol for xmas from my uncle....There is a new Mossy 835 added in as well for geese this year.
Quote:
I picked myself up a Stag-15AR Flat top with filp down front and rear sights.
That one!!

Old 01-10-2009, 09:01 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blip View Post
Good point on pipe-dreamers, JG. (And welcome back.)

I'd put my hopes on some young outsider before the old farts who sat around and watched this town run itself into the ground over the past 50 years. (That's not saying Scran's a prophet and the rest of you are old farts..)

Heh, weluv, you accused TheCommish of nit-picking right after you picked apart JG's list of pipe-dreamers!
Thanks Mr. blip!! It's great to be home!! (I'll take 72 degrees over 20 degrees ANY day!!)

The thing that always messes up ideas is human greed & want for power. If we could overcome these 2, imagine what life would be like...

YouTube - imagine

Old 01-10-2009, 10:09 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
I would think it's because I bring FACTS to the table.. And the youngsters’ bring pipe dreams..... They look at things the way they think it should be or how they want it to be... Fact is this thing we call life is just that!!

"Before one brings pipe dreams into life it self, one must live it first."
Quote: from.... John From Scranton.
Exactly. They haven't lived life enough to see things how they really are. Their facts are based on a false reality. I mean, I was like that too when I was 21, but then in time you live life and experience things and you slowly grow up. The picture will start to get clearer for them in a couple of years.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:11 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Can I join? Just so I can put a face to the voice from the radio? LOL!
I can say that I have had the pleasure of meeting both Dan and Paul. I was even at Dan's house a couple of times.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:00 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,857 times
Enya your always welcome.......Next time your in the Electric city shot me a pm..

Old 01-10-2009, 03:05 PM

703 posts, read 1,546,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I mean, I was like that too when I was 21, but then in time you live life and experience things and you slowly grow up. The picture will start to get clearer for them in a couple of years.
Quote:
Exactly. They haven't lived life enough to see things how they really are.
So, magically, one's perspective clears of any distortion one way or another when you reach a certain age (usually the age of the older, jaded, somewhat failure in life of a poster who makes these aged-based criticisms)? Please say yes. I'd love for you to.

Quote:
Their facts are based on a false reality.
I hardly think John from Scranton has a clearer grasp on reality than Paul. The guy can barely talk, nevermind offer us the truth on how things are. That said, I think Paul understands "the facts" (whatever they may be) pretty well. In fact, I don't think there's anyone else on these boards more knowledgeable about the area and its problems than he is. It's the conclusion about what to do about those "facts" that most of you have a problem with. And instead of addressing those conclusions on the merits, you personally attack Paul because his perspective doesn't qualify for membership to your exclusive little old men's club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania