Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2014, 03:10 AM

1,014 posts, read 2,098,728 times

Advertisements

We enjoyed The Star of Honolulu. Did the top package, and I gotta say it was quite an enjoyable event. Getting out on the water and looking back on the island is pretty amazing.

I think we have a great Zoo. The aquarium is meh, but the zoo is really nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 03:22 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,814,444 times
Hmmmmm.... I was going to suggest the water park until I found out she is only 4. I've never taken someone as young as 4 to Hawaii so I'm really not sure what to suggest. Maybe the zoo, the aquarium, Sea Life Park, Kualoa Ranch or the Dole Plantation.
Wish I could be of more help.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:09 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,751,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGPILOT View Post
Hey guys thanks. She will be four on the 19th and mine is the next day. We just got back early from the luau here at the hotel. It was so, so. Don't think I would go back. The one at the Poly ctr. was great. That one I would go back to.

I really appreciate you guys helping me with things to do. It made a difference.
Ok she is four, hmmm i got it. I suggest farrels ice cream shop in pearlridge shopping center(only one left) while your there you could ride the elevated tram that travels between buildings of the mall.

Farrell's at Pearlridge shopping center - YouTube

Pearlridge Monorail, Hawaii - YouTube

Now of course her being four they at ferrels would do a birthday thing different then a teen.

Zoos good but i would suggest Hawaii Children's Discovery Center

Hawai'i Children's Discovery Center - YouTube

Old 09-12-2014, 04:15 AM

^^^^^

From what ive been told that Hawaii Children's Discovery Center is like the Portland childrens museum only two times better and on steriods lol.

You still have that list of childrens places and activities i gave you? If my suggestion don't appeal to you i could recommend a few others?

Truth ive heard really bad reviews on the commercial luaus in Oahu. Ive heard the ones on Kauai and Maui were good. Oh well lucky fo you that lauas are not the only places to get ono hawaiian grindz.

Oh one event you can't ignore is to take your wahine down to waikiki beach at sunset or dark and walk the beach or walk the jetties(if still legal and your sure footed)

Or experience this view at night

View of Honolulu - Day to Night. - YouTube

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 09-12-2014 at 04:35 AM..

Old 09-12-2014, 06:20 PM

293 posts, read 361,549 times
Thanks for the suggestions guys, did the Aquarium yesterday and the zoo today, will look at the other things you guys are telling me about too. Thinking about the dinner cruise, not sure yet if we will do it. Really liked the Poly Ctr. I went to it 50 years ago when they first opened. Luau was pretty good too HBH, just the one here wasn't.

Got to find out what bus goes to China town, we may do that tomorrow. Don't want to drive it as we may not find parking there.

Old 09-12-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions guys, did the Aquarium yesterday and the zoo today, will look at the other things you guys are telling me about too. Thinking about the dinner cruise, not sure yet if we will do it. Really liked the Poly Ctr. I went to it 50 years ago when they first opened. Luau was pretty good too HBH, just the one here wasn't.

Got to find out what bus goes to China town, we may do that tomorrow. Don't want to drive it as we may not find parking there.
If you have a smartphone? Theres and app for The Bus, also if your going to chinatown honolulu and enjoy exotic foods or experiences? Make sure to pick up a chinese moon pie(yum) at Sing Cheong Yuan Bakery - Chinatown - Honolulu, HI | Yelp or Lee

I don't know if you remember crackseed candies? It was all the rage in our time in oahu? Wet Li hing mango and wet li hing mui plum. lemonpeel, cuddlefish etc etc.

You can get crackseed at Lees.

Enjoy my friend.

Old 09-12-2014, 07:43 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,897,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Theres and app for The Bus
All the app for The Bus will tell you is where nearby bus stops are at - it won't actually tell you what bus route you should take and when you can take it. It is basically a worthless app.

For specific route information and times, you need to go to the website.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
All the app for The Bus will tell you is where nearby bus stops are at - it won't actually tell you what bus route you should take and when you can take it. It is basically a worthless app.

For specific route information and times, you need to go to the website.
Mahalo for the correction.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:30 PM

293 posts, read 361,549 times
Thanks Viper and HBH. I had downloaded the app before leaving home. Had not installed it yet though. Will have to try and find that pie HBH.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:55 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,814,444 times
Quote:
I think there are many different busses that go downtown. I'd suggest walking or driving to the Ala Moana Mall and taking a bus from there. Here is a map that might help.
Best way to go.... Military or civilian?-11909_thumbnail-1024.jpg

Also, if you are a fan of the new Hawaii Five-0, they are having a premiere party down on Queens Beach tomorrow night. Might be fun!
(The beach in front of the zoo.)
Hawaii Five-0 brings cast and fans together for season five premiere on Waikiki's Queens Beach, Sept. 13 by Meghan Miner | HAWAII Magazine | Hawaii news, events, places, dining, travel tips & deals, photos | Oahu, Maui, Big Island, Kauai, Lanai, Molo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu