Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 11:39 PM

293 posts, read 362,041 times

Advertisements

Well, still here and still alive guys. Got a week left of this great trip, suppose to leave next Tue. if there is a flight out that day that we can get on. Went to Waianae yesterday and to the park beyond it. Think it was Makah. Typical tourist, I will butcher all the local names before I leave....LOL. Then, went to the flea market at the stadium for a bit, got to hot for me. Saw the shrimp guy again off of Hawaii Five 0. He remembered me from two weeks ago when I stopped by then.

Today, went to the big Navy Exchange over by the AZ Memorial. After that, we went back over and walked around the grounds of the Memorial again. After that, we just chilled in our room...lol. From the looks of the weather, it's going to be very hot and no trade winds blowing the rest of the time that we are here.

Other than that, having a good time going back up to Schofield in the next day or two and stop in at the Dole plantation too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 02:30 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,928,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGPILOT View Post
From the looks of the weather, it's going to be very hot and no trade winds blowing the rest of the time that we are here.
It's a good thing you don't need air conditioning, right? Only 91 tomorrow.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:43 AM

1,014 posts, read 2,101,104 times
Awesome, sounds like you are having a great time.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:26 PM

True Viper, I've been in your neighborhood three times since I got back, including today......should have looked you up, but didn't have your phone number.

Went back up to Schofield today to see the changes again and get a few pix. Then went over to Dole Plantation and took our daughter on the train. After that, went back to the north shore and back down along the coast to our hotel. Man, that traffic is just as bad as L.A. or maybe worse. Now I see why the Big D lives in Volcano on the BI.

Yeah Dth, having a lot of fun, even stopped up by the Poly Ctr. and had some authentic Hawaiian Mexican food, at Taco Smell, er...Taco Bell....LOL. mod cut
: personal attack

Last edited by Mikala43; 09-18-2014 at 08:49 AM..

Old 09-17-2014, 05:20 PM

Any good buffets around here, also any sea food buffets too? Did the Royal palace today and drove up to Diamond Head. A lot of EMS up there in the parking lot. Gate keeper said someone must have died from the heat.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:43 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,339,309 times
I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself. I hope you had pineapple ice cream at Dole because I don't think you'll find it anywhere else! The historic SubBase at Pearl Harbor is interesting to walk around. There are historical signs all around there. There's a memorial park, the chapel (which is usually locked but you'll never see better stained glass if, by some miracle you get inside), the dive tower, which is probably still being renovated - it seemed to go on forever. Be careful pulling cameras out, though, on the subase. You don't want any subs in any pictures.

I applied for a job there (again, like I didn't get enough) but just got notification I didn't get it.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:00 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,928,674 times
Quote:
Any good buffets around here, also any sea food buffets too?
You could walk to the Prince Hotel for the seafood buffet, one of the best on the island - they even have a senior discount.

Waikiki Dining | Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki Prince Court | Oahu Beach Resorts

Old 09-17-2014, 06:30 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,101,104 times
For a Seafood Buffet, you could also walk over to Ala Moana mall. There is a good one on the top floor, Diamond Head Side. Same level as CPK, Bubba Gump's, etc.

+1 on the Prince Hotel Buffet for top of the line.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:12 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,762,185 times
Quote:
True Viper, I've been in your neighborhood three times since I got back, including today......should have looked you up, but didn't have your phone number.

Went back up to Schofield today to see the changes again and get a few pix. Then went over to Dole Plantation and took our daughter on the train. After that, went back to the north shore and back down along the coast to our hotel. Man, that traffic is just as bad as L.A. or maybe worse. Now I see why the Big D lives in Volcano on the BI.

Yeah Dth, having a lot of fun, even stopped up by the Poly Ctr. and had some authentic Hawaiian Mexican food, at Taco Smell, er...Taco Bell....LOL. Now HBH would love that, good Mex food.
I believe the reason i suggested Rainbow Drive Inn TGPilot was for the Hawaii drive in experience, sure some items are good like there sticky rice and chili, loco moco. But was trying to give you some of the old hawaii experiences again. Oh well i tried.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:39 PM

You did fine HBH, it was an experience, will go back before I leave. In to days paper they said that the Rainbow was expanding, adding another building I think and different food. Also need to try the L&L out and see how they are. Did Diamond Head and the Royal Palace today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu