Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2014, 07:45 PM

293 posts, read 362,041 times

Advertisements

First time we went to eggs and things, they were crowded. Booklet said their prices were four or five dollars for eggs and pancakes. Got there, and the menu said twelve and thirteen dollars.........hmmmm. So far the Hale Koa has been great except the internet was messed up the first two days.

I figure it cost me about 1/4 the price it would at the Hilton next door or the Trump down the street. AND No taxes....lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 08:47 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,762,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGPILOT View Post
First time we went to eggs and things, they were crowded. Booklet said their prices were four or five dollars for eggs and pancakes. Got there, and the menu said twelve and thirteen dollars.........hmmmm. So far the Hale Koa has been great except the internet was messed up the first two days.

I figure it cost me about 1/4 the price it would at the Hilton next door or the Trump down the street. AND No taxes....lol.
Im kinda shocked me and my mother would goto Eggs N Things when i was hanabata and eat, cheap ono grinds. But that was 70s too.

Benefits for servicing our country TGPILOT, we can never thank our vets enough. Mahalo.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:52 PM

Thanks HBH, yeah, their in house menu was a lot higher than what was on their flyers in the books. Went to Micky D's that day out past Diamond Head and that was $23.00 and some change. We were way out of Waikiki. Like you guys said, it's expensive here now.

Old 09-07-2014, 11:02 PM

A PS HERE-- Wife want's to know where she can find sea shells on the beach. Any suggestions?

Old 09-07-2014, 11:19 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,928,674 times
Quote:
A PS HERE-- Wife want's to know where she can find sea shells on the beach. Any suggestions?
East Coast - Florida.

Old 09-07-2014, 11:48 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,818,498 times
Quote:
Hmmmmmm... I hadn't thought about this until now but the only place in Hawaii that we have found many sea shells was when we went out to Niʻihau. Anyone know why that is?

Old 09-08-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Hmmmmmm... I hadn't thought about this until now but the only place in Hawaii that we have found many sea shells was when we went out to Niʻihau. Anyone know why that is?
Yes frosty it because of the reefs and tides, the reefs give shells a pounding before they reach the beach. You can still find some of the nices shells in tide pools.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:05 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,928,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Hawaii in general isn't known for shellfish. Think about it - what shellfish do you crave from Hawaii? Just isn't the right geography.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Hawaii is different TGPILOT but There are a few secrets for combing Hawaiian Island beaches for shells. The first thing you should know is that you may not find many shells right on the sand. Hawaii isn’t like Florida or the Bahamas, where you find seashells strewn all along the waterline as you wander down the beach. Hawaii hides many of its shells in the water. Wade, snorkel or swim out a bit, looking near the reefs, rocky outcrops and ledges. And check tide pools.

Unfortantly kauai and maui beaches are your best beat to find shell. But that doesn't mean oahu doesn't have them. Just remember what mades Hawaii famous also destroys shells. The reefs and pounding surf.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:24 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,818,498 times
I just found these interesting videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIm3fo71qbw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW8f_fMvFZs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddghWy55HQc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu