Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2014, 07:53 PM

1,776 posts, read 1,875,806 times

Advertisements

First Friday Hawaii Event Calendar Haven't been in a while but it was always fun. I never stayed late but it sounds like it gets funner for the younger but for pau hana time I found it very different than what you'd see in Waikiki and just as safe.

Too funny when my dad's wife came to SF and was afraid to visit Chinatown at noon! Her experience was from watching Streets of San Francisco. She was so glad we insisted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 09:17 PM

293 posts, read 362,305 times
Thanks guys for the info, will have to keep it in mind.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:13 PM

Doe's anyone know anything any thing about Barbers Point? I know that Travis has flight into there pretty often, but I can't track anything down about them. Phone numbers or anything. It may be that I have to deal with HIK, or K-Bay MCAB. I understand it's about twenty miles from the Hale Koa.

Will be leaving here in thirty days, so, hope to be on island shortly thereafter. Will be nice to return again. Should have done it years ago as I have the ability to travel anywhere free. Just two busy I guess to do it. Plan to do a lot of driving all over Oahu trying to find an area that I may want to live if we do decide to move over there. I know I sure want small town or country living and not the big city life...lol.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:21 PM

Hope every one on the islands are prepared for the big two. I see the military is closing their doors and limiting flights for the duration. I hope you all stay safe and keep your heads down.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:51 PM

Well, just over two weeks before we head that way. How did Oahu fair in those last two storm? Are things pretty well back to normal yet? Going to do a little house hunting while there. Looking to rent a one or two bedroom Ohana or condo in a decent part of the island. May not make much different where, just as long as the area and the weather is decent all around.

Any suggestions from anyone, as it will be a place we can keep, yet come and go from the mainland. Would pick up some kind of car to get around in. Really don't want to be in Honolulu unless the rent is great and the area okay for a family.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:07 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGPILOT View Post
Well, just over two weeks before we head that way. How did Oahu fair in those last two storm? Are things pretty well back to normal yet? .
Oahu had no impact from the storms. So it isn't a matter of getting back to normal. Nothing changed.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:07 AM

Thanks Viper, glad to hear you guys all made it through okay. Hope those on the BI did as well too.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:51 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,353,566 times
Barber's Point. There's a Coast Guard base there, they fly SAR planes. There's a club there (never been). There are cabins and a place to rent MWR equipment. It's a great place to learn to surf but rocky on the bottom. It was our favorite place to go sit on the beach at night and drink beer and eat poke. Not a good place to camp. Lots of fishermen come out to night fish and DON'T FORGET BINOCULARS. I loved watching the tankers off shore.

You just need to bring a small pair of binoculars anyway. The ocean is awesome. And maybe you'll see a whale.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:40 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,476,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGPILOT View Post
Thanks Viper, glad to hear you guys all made it through okay. Hope those on the BI did as well too.
Sorry to say, although all the regular peeps here on the Big Island seem to be OK, the destruction in Puna was massive, and there are still areas without power. I just posted a link to dramatic photos of the damage at https://www.city-data.com/forum/36134465-post117.html

Old 08-18-2014, 11:07 PM

Hey thanks guys for the update's, looking forward to breathing the same air you guys do....LOL. Sure going to be fun seeing all the ole places again and see what's changed too. Are things still happening on Oahu, or are things starting to slow down then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu