Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 04:26 PM

293 posts, read 362,305 times

Advertisements

Thanks guys for that input. Yeah, I build computers and work on them too, now mostly as a hobby or my own use. But, I've learned to be careful with that stuff. Had nasty experiences with free software in years past.

How do you get to the Poly CC from either Honolulu or K-Bay MCB?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 07:36 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,102,283 times
The PCC is here

You pretty much take 83 all the way up there. Going from the North Shore side, and then around is longer.

From Waikiki you have to go near Kaneohe anyway, so if you are already there, it saves you that part of the trip. That being said...to get there from Waikiki it is best to take the Like Like (Lee Kay Lee Kay) if you are just trying to get directly there. If you are taking your time, the Pali has the lookout to stop at on the way.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KauaiHiker View Post
For cars, I use and recommend discounthawaiicarrental.com (not affiliated, just a happy repeat customer). They are essentially a consolidator that helps the national companies sell their inventory. You select a type of car and whatever options you want (or just click "Lowest Economy/Compact Rate like I do), enter your dates and info, and they'll email you a regular reservation with a national company, cheaper than whatever you can get from the company itself. It's not a prepaid rental, no payment needed, just a regular reservation that you can cancel anytime if you find something cheaper. It always includes the extra driver in my experience. I have heard of people finding better deals at places like Costco.com (must be a member) and other random promotions, so it can be worthwhile to look around still. But usually I hear how people saved money when they found this.

Kauai, thanks for the tip on this place. Just called them for the second time and they seem to be about half price than what it would have cost me thru the actual car rental place. $331.00 for an economey car for two weeks or $657.00 for a mini van. No fee if turned in early etc. Seems to be a good deal unless someone knows of a better deal. Thanks again.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:25 PM

Dthraco, thanks for the input on the Poly. You guys are a life saver on all of this stuff. I appreciate too, the hidden secrets that you guys have learned since you have been there and the normal tourest won't find.

One thing I am trying to recall is one time I went up into the mountains, I recall a beautyfull ride and looking back down into the valleys etc, I don't remember anymore than that. It may have been where the Japs came through the pass, not sure. But would like to find it again if anyone has any ideas of where it was.

I plan to bring my GPS with me to help. Maybe I won't get to lost lol......

Old 06-28-2014, 03:17 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,353,566 times
H3? and if it's raining it's gorgeous with all the waterfalls.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:37 PM

Thanks Hunter for the info. Just got word that our friends won't be going with us. So, looks like were back to staying at the Hale Koa for the duration.

Saw something on the number 55 bus, called the circle island bus for a dollar. That sounds like a lot of fun. Anyone have info on that and places to get off and wait for the next one? Would appreciate it.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:41 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
H3? and if it's raining it's gorgeous with all the waterfalls.
In September, when the op comes, unless we are getting battered by a tropical storm, there will be no waterfalls on H3 that time of year.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:03 PM

Now Viper, couldn't you just stand up there and pour a bucket of water down it for me? LOL. Question, on car break in's, do they just break into the main body of the car? Or, do they try and break into the trunk too?

Old 06-28-2014, 10:20 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGPILOT View Post
Question, on car break in's, do they just break into the main body of the car? Or, do they try and break into the trunk too?
Just don't drive the models that scream tourist - like the base model Camaro, Challenger, Mustang, Charger......and don't leave things visible, and you'll be fine.

Old 06-30-2014, 01:59 AM

Thanks Viper, I was kind of thinking about a mini van. But we probably won't need it now that our friends arn't going. Already booked at Travis and the Hale Koa. So, now it's just a matter of seeing all the great sights that you kind folks have suggested. I am sure that after 49 nine years a lot has changed. Sure will miss the IMP. Is there anything else that is similiar to to that?

How about china town, do's/don'ts there? At least one time we will ride the #55 bus around the island besides driving it our selfs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu