Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 06:42 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday

I was bebopping around this morning which is why it is a late start to

Today's Question(s):

Yesterday I mentioned taking the "magic carpet" to NJ to get bagels this made me think hmmm I wonder

How far would you drive/travel for a favorite anything ?
(this could be food, a Doctor,tax guy etc)

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing that "annoyed you" ?

Do you have a favorite expression you use that pretty much lets folks know you are "annoyed" ?

Extra Credit Question:

List 3 of your favorite things to do outside when the weather is really nice.

Just for Fun:

What song makes you want to get up and dance when you hear it played?

Today in History:
1813 - A patent for rubber was given to J.F. Hummel of Philadelphia, PA.
1852 - 1st edition of Peter Roget's Thesaurus published
1879 - Electric arc lights were used for the first time -- in Cleveland, OH.
1961 - ABC's "Wide World of Sports, debuts
1967 - Aretha Franklin releases "Respect" - let all sing r.e.s.p.e.c.t.

Word of the Day:
bumptious \BUMP-shuhs\, adjective:
Crudely, presumptuously, or loudly self-assertive.

Today is:
National Shrimp Scampi Day
World Tai Chi & Qigong Day
Sense of Smell Day
Rebuilding Day
National Zipper Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 07:03 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
Today's Question(s):

Yesterday I mentioned taking the "magic carpet" to NJ to get bagels this made me think hmmm I wonder

My favorite things are the babies....so 8 hours!!

lol...ok...hmm Orlando is very spread out so....I love love love 5 Guys Burgers but the closest one takes about 30 minutes to get to. So I'll pick that but make sure I have other things in the area to do.

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing that "annoyed you" ? My co-worker, she whines...I don't do whiners well.

Do you have a favorite expression you use that pretty much lets folks know you are "annoyed" ? I get "the scowl" It's been known to put the fear into the bravest of men!

Extra Credit Question:

Go for a walk
Motorcycle ride
Play catch with the dog.

Just for Fun:

What song makes you want to get up and dance when you hear it played? Hippy Hippy Shake----I believe it's the Georgia Satelites

Today in History:
1813 - A patent for rubber was given to J.F. Hummel of Philadelphia, PA. And birth control began....oh not that rubber...nebbermind.
1852 - 1st edition of Peter Roget's Thesaurus published
1879 - Electric arc lights were used for the first time -- in Cleveland, OH.
1961 - ABC's "Wide World of Sports, debuts -and I lost hubby on Sundays

Old 04-29-2009, 07:05 AM

4,498 posts, read 6,316,380 times
Today's Question(s):

I would travel anywhere in the world for favourite historical places or my favourite musicians if money and time permitted.

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing that "annoyed you" ? I get annoyed when people are rude or inconsiderate, unfortunately it happens too often.

Do you have a favorite expression you use that pretty much lets folks know you are "annoyed" ? If I'm really annoyed I actually go silent, I won't say anything because I don't want to make myself as bad as the other person. People who know me know they have ticked me off by my icy stare.

Extra Credit Question:

Go for a walk through the bush
Family barbecue
Some kind of sport: basketball, cricket or swimming if it's hot.

Just for Fun:

Way too many to mention here, but this is a good one

YouTube - Jamiroquai, Love Foolosophy

Old 04-29-2009, 07:09 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,787,312 times
Today's Question(s):

How far would you drive/travel for a favorite anything ? Boston for Regina's pizza

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing that "annoyed you" ? can't say his name.... but at work each evening

Do you have a favorite expression you use that pretty much lets folks know you are "annoyed" ? just the "look"

Extra Credit Question:

List 3 of your favorite things to do outside when the weather is really nice. garden, firewood, bike ride, walk, enjoy outside fire

Just for Fun:

What song makes you want to get up and dance when you hear it played? just the thought of donning my leisure suit gives me the urge

Old 04-29-2009, 07:12 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Today's Question(s):

We once traveled from Edisto Island, SC, to Savannah, Georgia to get a piece of pecan pie. We had lunch in the restaurant that makes this wonderful pie and paid somewhere above $20 for a pie to take with us. Hint: The pie eaten in the restaurant is better than the buy and go.

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing that "annoyed you" ? It is too fresh to tell you, but it involves the medical field. Right now I have the urge to kill.

Do you have a favorite expression you use that pretty much lets folks know you are "annoyed" ?
No, I just let them know they had better get on the ball. You don't mess around with your health. My patience is gone. I don't like to be jerked around.

Extra Credit Question:

Sit on the patio
Take a pontoon boat ride at Cane Creek or anywhere else.
Take a walk through the woods on a very clean path.

Just for Fun:

What song makes you want to get up and dance when you hear it played? I can't think of the name, but it is the one they do country line dancing to.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:16 AM

2,046 posts, read 919,512 times
Good morning all! Remember to keep Charley in your thoughts today!

Today's Question(s):

How far would you drive/travel for a favorite anything?
As far as I needed depending on the "thing". A doctor; 15 miles or so, a good restaurant; no limit. My tax lady is 750 miles away! (But I mail her my stuff! )

What was the last thing that "annoyed you"?
My kids - they're such slobs.

Expression that let's folks know you are "annoyed"?
"That really pisses me off."

3 things to do outside when the weather is nice:
Boating, the beach, outdoor markets/craft fairs

There are just too many to list - I may have to get back to you on that!

1879 - Electric arc lights were used for the first time
And then when people "got it", a light bulb could show up over their heads!

1961 - ABC's "Wide World of Sports debuts
oh, The Agony of Defeat

1967 - Aretha Franklin releases "Respect"
I heard her at the Inauguration! Awesome! (But she wasn't singing "Respect" )

National Shrimp Scampi Day
Yum! And boiled shrimp, fried shrimp, shrimp creole, shrimp pirlou, shrimp and grits, BBQ shrimp, grilled shrimp...

National Zipper Day
Didn't we already have this day???

Have a nice Wednesday everyone! We're halfway to the weekend!

Old 04-29-2009, 07:26 AM

821 posts, read 2,011,851 times
Today's Question(s):

I was looking for a pair of swans and found this guy with Australian Black Swans and traveled 3 hrs to get them

Bonus Question:

last night, tripped on a board at the barn (had flip flops on) and broke my toe, now that is annoying me right now (it hurts also)

Extra Credit Question:

sit outside and read (I can't read inside the house)
work in the garden / flowers / yard
sit and look at my ducks, swans, chickens at the barn / pond

Just for Fun:

oh gosh, can't think of a certain song at the present time, might come back with that one

Old 04-29-2009, 07:33 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Good Morning.....

I have travel close to a hundred miles to a Doctor that I so adored and trusted her very much....for quite a few years.
I would travel a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng ways for a ..............Star Bucks coffee ! Ask my family....

When it turned cold and my tomato plants now don't look so happy!!

Not really, I get real quiet! I think I'm learning over the years it is such a waste of energy to allow someones shortcomings to try and control (annoy) me.....and will do my best to sit and say to self.... what is special about this individual...?
Because each and every one of us are unique in someway!!!

Gardening, fishing and finding a nice shady spot with a good lounge chair to sit and read a good book.

Just for Fun:

What song makes you want to get up and dance when you hear it played? ..... have to think about that one!!

Today is:
National Shrimp Scampi Day....Yummmmm
Sense of Smell Day......
National Zipper Day....Aww.....!!!

Old 04-29-2009, 07:37 AM

18,217 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Good morning Karla!

Todays question(s):
How far would you drive/travel for your favorite anything? I'd travel a full days drive to buy some cool tunes! Now where I get the money to do THAT is a different story!

What was the last thing that "annoyed you"?-...Just plain lousy driving in general; not merging correctly on interstates, not using turn signal, etc.

Expression that lets folks know you are annoyed? Well, duh!

Three things to do outside when the weather is nice: Get in a morning walk, work on the Buick, shoot some "hoops".

What song makes you want to get up and dance when you hear it played? There's a zillion of those; I'll go with the one tune I just heard on the radio ten minutes ago-"Spirit In The Sky" by Norman Greenbaum!

1967-Aretha Franklin releases "Respect". Have the 45, Lp, and a cd compilation. One of the great singers of the last 40 years!

National shrimp scampi day? The great big yums!

Old 04-29-2009, 07:40 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
I will drive a good ways for a good doctor. Found one close and then he moved his practice. I am still going to him even though he is about 15 miles away.

There are waaay too many things that annoy me. I better not start...I don't want to be negative!

I don't know exactly what I do, but my husband certainly knows when I'm annoyed about something. Ok, ...I thought of one thing I do when I'm annoyed...I sigh really loud.

Last edited by kaykay; 04-29-2009 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: remembered what I do when annoyed!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics