Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2018, 03:25 PM

581 posts, read 456,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
than normal children.

In other words, you have no idea of what help young pre teens with mental problems need. You think you treat them like normal teens is enough. The medical world, has realized you are wrong years ago, and are trying to educate people as to the problems this group of young people have, and how to work with them, so they can develop to at least appear and act normal by the time they are grown.
Sure, so baby them and treat them like victims and don't expect them to follow reasonable rules or standards of behavior. That will do them a lot of good when they're adults and they come to the crashing realization that the larger population isn't going to cater to their whims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 04:49 PM

8,272 posts, read 8,660,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsWritten. View Post
The 12 year old sees her Dad for 48 hrs every other weekend. I don't understand why he doesn't designate that time to be with her and her only. Bringing in your girlfriend and sleeping with her is so sad. It should've been the daughter in bed with her father due to such reduced hours they have together, if anything.

For the girlfriend to spend time with the child outside of those 48 hours is an EXCELLENT idea. Best post ever! The issue is, I don't think she'll put fourth the effort. She calls herself the Fiance yet only sees him weekends though it should be every other weekend due to his obligation to his daughter.

But yes, to want to get to know the daughter as a person herself is key. I suspect this relationship won't last for various reasons though. Hopefully whatever the end result, it is the best for everyone involved.
Are you insane? You think a 12 year old girl should be sleeping with her father and YOU want to foster children.

Old 04-04-2018, 05:16 PM

209 posts, read 417,679 times
Definitely do not go through with a marriage to your fiancee until this kid is out of the house! She drives you nuts now, just wait until you have to live with her. I grew up with a stepfather, & it was a good relationship but now as an adult I can see how he really had no say in things - he wasn't my legal parent. Imagine having to live with a situation & not being able to change it. Plus I don't think this situation would be fair to _your_ children. Your first responsibility is to them. Not every blended family will be the Brady bunch.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:10 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,252,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Are you insane? You think a 12 year old girl should be sleeping with her father and YOU want to foster children.
Exactly. <bleep>

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-06-2018 at 06:28 AM..

Old 04-04-2018, 06:23 PM

371 posts, read 288,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
I don't want foster children. Try reading.

We were foster parents and are considering it for the future. We are undecided as of this time.

Sleeping with a parent is benign UNLESS you have an X RATED mind which connects it to something beyond that. Normal people do not.

The child can sleep with her parent especially if she only sees him every other weekend

Dad has no business sleeping in a bed, fornicating, with the woman responsible for assaulting his own child and thieving from her

this may be just a " slutty squeeze" for Dad. Meaning Dad may have many girlfriends to fulfil his desires but that doesn't mean

he wishes them to physically attack his kids. Or steal from them.

Last edited by ItIsWritten.; 04-04-2018 at 06:48 PM..

Old 04-04-2018, 06:49 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
I NEVER would have married my husband if there were these problems. I just wouldn't do it.

Your life will be in constant upheaval and you will be angry and frustrated all the time.

I wouldn't marry him until these problems are solved. You would be willfully choosing an unhappy life.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-04-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I NEVER would have married my husband if there were these problems. I just wouldn't do it.

Your life will be in constant upheaval and you will be angry and frustrated all the time.

I wouldn't marry him until these problems are solved. You would be willfully choosing an unhappy life.
Exactly

Old 04-04-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Those given authority over children are able to do this.

We call them parents, teachers, babysitters, nannies, etc...

You cannot just steal property from a 12 year old.
It's against the law as it should be
Shame on you for promoting such against a child

I am a step mom.

My step son, who is 16 owns no personal property. WE do. If we choose to take back his ability to BORROW things like the Xbox or his phone, it is our right and not theft. It is our property.

While I do not necessarily agree that the fiance should be the administering punishments, it is neither assault, nor theft.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I am a step mom.

My step son, who is 16 owns no personal property. WE do. If we choose to take back his ability to BORROW things like the Xbox or his phone, it is our right and not theft. It is our property.

While I do not necessarily agree that the fiance should be the administering punishments, it is neither assault, nor theft.
It is assault -AND- theft. They are un-related. She is not her step parent. She's nothing.
Hopefully it will remain such

Old 04-04-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
It is assault -AND- theft. They are un-related. She is not her step parent. She's nothing.
Hopefully it will remain such

I don't think it is, but I have someone I can ask, though he is not present at this exact moment.

I think it is unwise for her to be having physical contact like that, or I guess, I would need further information on "pry" to come to a personal decision on the level of "offense."

Discipline should be discussed between the two adults, on how it will be handled, and then their decision should be conveyed to the daughter so she is aware of expectations.

The danger with a non-parent being the main disciplinarian is multi-dimensional. I do not think it is good for the child, the non-parent or the parent, and the marriage in general.

I disagree that she is "nothing", she is an adult and a future step mom. I actually waited for my step son to go all "your not my Mom!", but at this point, I don't think it will ever happen. But if he did.... my answer was "no, but I am an adult in this household, and have a say in how things run and what is acceptable behavior" or something along those lines....

But the main problem is that the OP and fiance disagree with what is acceptable and how things should be. THAT is a huge problem.

Also, I feel that the OP's frustration is misplaced, it should not be towards the child, but towards the father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting