Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2020, 11:54 AM

325 posts, read 369,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
With all due respect, I really don't have a clue what you might be referring to.

If you could cite any fact-verified position or words from Joe Biden or any federal-level Democrat representing Pennsylvania that has indicated support for: 1) abolishing the police/law enforcement; 2) allowing property damage resulting from rioting to go unpunished as a crime; or 3) abolishing our national borders, I'd honestly love to see it.

We're all ears.
A TV ad approved by Donald J Trump doesn’t count?

Old 07-29-2020, 12:41 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,756,315 times
Higher than many (most?) people on this website want it to be.

Old 07-29-2020, 01:14 PM

56 posts, read 15,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_P View Post
Nobody is talking about "defund the police" other than some activists and the right wing nut echo chamber.

If you want to know how out of touch Democrats are with reality, this poster is claiming "Nobody is talking about "defund the police" right after a different poster mentioned that Pittsburgh's Defund the Police bill passed City Council. Hilarious. They know how unpopular Defund the Police is so they blatantly lie and deny it even when it's literally becoming a law in Pennsylvania's second biggest city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar13 View Post
Well Pittsburgh city council just voted to defund the police so I guess we will see if you are right or not. If your theory holds any water, the so-called "Red landslide" should be incoming in Pittsburgh.

Old 07-29-2020, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
With all due respect, I really don't have a clue what you might be referring to.

If you could cite any fact-verified position or words from Joe Biden or any federal-level Democrat representing Pennsylvania that has indicated support for: 1) abolishing the police/law enforcement; 2) allowing property damage resulting from rioting to go unpunished as a crime; or 3) abolishing our national borders, I'd honestly love to see it.

We're all ears.
Here's Biden on video talking about "redirecting funding from the police."

https://twitter.com/mattmargolis/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Old 07-29-2020, 01:40 PM

994 posts, read 502,374 times
Quote:
If you want to know how out of touch Democrats are with reality, this poster is claiming "Nobody is talking about "defund the police" right after a different poster mentioned that Pittsburgh's Defund the Police bill passed City Council. Hilarious. They know how unpopular Defund the Police is so they blatantly lie and deny it even when it's literally becoming a law in Pennsylvania's second biggest city.
Again, only activists right wing nuts a give a s h i t. Everyone else has enough on their plate.

Old 07-29-2020, 01:51 PM

14,183 posts, read 9,080,000 times
I'll check out the video and go meandering through the Trib and Post-Gazette later, but to date, only Minneapolis has opted to completely disband its police department.

And I suspect that, as happened in Camden, N.J., the disbanded department will be replaced with a new agency charged with protecting public safety.

Most of what I've seen and read consists of moves to redirect police funding to agencies and departments that perform the sort of social-service interventions we all too often ask the cops to perform. And the cops aren't good at de-escalation, while these agencies are.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:37 PM

325 posts, read 369,013 times
Camden NJ disbanded their police force about 10 or so years ago. The NJ State Police took over.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:44 PM

806 posts, read 260,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereToFarm View Post
Pennsylvania is a moderate/centrist state even in the blue cities. Lockdowns, rioting, masks, abolishing the police, and general disrespect for America are generally unpopular. On top of all of this, Biden is a weak candidate who inspires exactly no one. Pennsylvania is remaining red.
I like “disrespect for America” being one of your reasons the state is staying red, when the moron in the White House has made this country look like a total joke on the world stage.

Old 07-29-2020, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghSportsGuy420 View Post
I like “disrespect for America” being one of your reasons the state is staying red, when the moron in the White House has made this country look like a total joke on the world stage.
Only one party is destroying monuments and declaring the American flag "racist," and it's not the President's party. The vandalism, looting, and flag burning is deeply unpopular. Voters care more about their city being destroyed without consequences than they do the latest outrage-of-the-day from the White House.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:00 PM

806 posts, read 260,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereToFarm View Post
Only one party is destroying monuments and declaring the American flag "racist," and it's not the President's party. The vandalism, looting, and flag burning is deeply unpopular. Voters care more about their city being destroyed without consequences than they do the latest outrage-of-the-day from the White House.
A large part of being an adult is learning to admit that you’re wrong, and learning to look at yourself and change for the better.

Refusing to examine our past and change for the better doesn’t make Republicans “patriotic,” it makes them children.

The world had reacted accordingly. We’re a joke on the international stage. I have a close friend from Boston who lives in the UK now and is vacationing in Greece. He’s got people from Poland and Slovakia telling him the American dream is dead. Not even people from the good European countries.

Strength is learning from your weaknesses, not shrieking “I’m the best in the world” over and over while your house collapses around you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania