Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 08:17 PM

214 posts, read 649,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trillcatz View Post
They really must've changed things as I don't think we were allowed to wear pants at all. This was '67-'68. We went from blue plaid vests and skirts to blue plaid jumpers. Do you remember kneeling on the floor and if your dress didn't touch it then it was too short. Oh boy do I have stories about GSSfG...nothing bad and I have to admit that those nuns did teach me that cleanliness was definitely next to godliness. Have thought about GS in many, many years. Were Miss Margarete and Miss Bonafacio administrators out there when you were there. Miss M was a tough old bird but very fair...Miss B was very nice and soft-spoken.
My sister was there around that time...the only story I remember her telling was scrubbing the floors with tooth brushes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 09:58 PM

427 posts, read 1,189,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby sinister View Post
My sister was there around that time...the only story I remember her telling was scrubbing the floors with tooth brushes.
ROFLOL oh yes...I preferred to have bathroom scrub duty and yes we had to use old toothbrushes. We also had to hand buff those red walkways in the convent but it was fun...one girl would pull another around on a blanket...sure shined them up.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:21 PM

83 posts, read 311,936 times
Quote:
Would that have been Miss Margarette? Was she an administrator in the late 60's? I definitely remember Miss Margarette.
I'll have to ask my dad when she actually was teaching there.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:24 AM

2,324 posts, read 7,641,165 times
Quote:
They really must've changed things as I don't think we were allowed to wear pants at all. This was '67-'68. We went from blue plaid vests and skirts to blue plaid jumpers. Do you remember kneeling on the floor and if your dress didn't touch it then it was too short. Oh boy do I have stories about GSSfG...nothing bad and I have to admit that those nuns did teach me that cleanliness was definitely next to godliness. Have thought about GS in many, many years. Were Miss Margarete and Miss Bonafacio administrators out there when you were there. Miss M was a tough old bird but very fair...Miss B was very nice and soft-spoken.
Good Shepherd about 1950
How do you remember Phoenix? Stories from long time residents...-good-shepherd2.jpg

Old 01-26-2011, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,808 times
Quote:
I saw Tommy James and the Shondelles at Encanto in '67 also had my first and LAST canoe ride there also. Remember the pedal boats?
If I recall some people threw oranges at them while they were playing.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:19 PM

18 posts, read 88,649 times
Hi Roosevelt,
Where did you happen to come across that miniature golf ad? I've been looking for stuff on those courses forever. I have a web site for one of them here: Alpine Valley Miniature Golf Course. Mind if I use the pic on my site?

Old 01-26-2011, 05:45 PM

427 posts, read 1,189,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raustin View Post
If I recall some people threw oranges at them while they were playing.
I always thought it was tomatoes but I thought it was mean...unfortunately there were those who thought they were to 'bubble-gum' for the time. lol I always liked them.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:05 AM

2,324 posts, read 7,641,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surrey heights View Post
Hi Roosevelt,
Where did you happen to come across that miniature golf ad? I've been looking for stuff on those courses forever. I have a web site for one of them here: Alpine Valley Miniature Golf Course. Mind if I use the pic on my site?
No problem, came from a 1969 Phoenix North Stake Directory, that's a Mormon church.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:07 AM

285 posts, read 907,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Willie View Post
YE = Yellowstone

we were YE9-2511 - had a party line, used to listen in on the neighborhood gossip. Always some women talking about their hair or something equally fascinating.
WH - Whitney

For some strange reason, I still remember WH5-4719 as my family's phone number from my early days. It was assigned to Paradise Valley/Scottsdale. I mention that because of a previous post of the prefixes indicating where the number was assigned.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:24 AM

285 posts, read 907,118 times
This will be a shot in the dark...
Does anyone recollect a racetrack (?), that was located on E. McDowell Road in Scottsdale, on land on the east side of what is now the greenbelt of the Indian Bend Wash.
One could rent a go-cart and have at it on an oval eight track.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area