Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2020, 02:52 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,987,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
why is that hilarious? I dont know anyone in Arizona with it either..
I know three in my family alone and two coworkers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2020, 02:54 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,935,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I only know a couple, but who cares? It’s hilarious that an anecdote from a random internet poster would be at all relevant. .
Once again, you say who cares, I guess YOU do..you respond to every post asking you what you thought was hilarious.I guess some people ALWAYS need to get the last word in on ANY topic..

Old 09-05-2020, 02:55 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,935,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I know three in my family alone and two coworkers
bummer, hope they are doing ok now

Old 09-05-2020, 02:56 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,293,262 times
Quote:
I only know a couple, but who cares? It’s hilarious that an anecdote from a random internet poster would be at all relevant. We all have the actual data at our disposal.
I think it is relevant. We are being told to drastically alter our lives for a "pandemic" that I just haven't been able to physically see since January. I haven't seen any first-hand evidence of it. It's kind of bizarre. That's all I meant by it.

Old 09-05-2020, 03:27 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,689,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
Once again, you say who cares, I guess YOU do..you respond to every post asking you what you thought was hilarious.I guess some people ALWAYS need to get the last word in on ANY topic..
Obviously you expected a response from me or you wouldn’t have asked me a question. I gave it to you. I can’t help if you don’t like it.

Old 09-05-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
I think it is relevant. We are being told to drastically alter our lives for a "pandemic" that I just haven't been able to physically see since January. I haven't seen any first-hand evidence of it. It's kind of bizarre. That's all I meant by it.
That’s how some feel about religion/“god”. Unable to see it, zero firsthand evidence, bizarre. The difference is, COVID has data. Cherry-picking what to believe is easier though, I suppose.

Old 09-05-2020, 03:39 PM

39,125 posts, read 51,388,584 times
Quote:
I haven't seen many who have "drastically altered" their lives. Various levels of inconvenience, maybe. But life is pretty much what it was for most.

As for seeing first hand, I haven't either. My daughter though has. She treated covids from March until a couple weeks ago. With masks and your drastic lifestyle alterations, cases have dropped precipitously and they are getting a breather, finding time to spend with family, going away for a weekend. But, now they are planning for a new wave that they expect to be much worse. If you think this is all a hoax or a nothing burger, talk to a nurse or a respiratory therapist or a doctor who have been dealing with it for the past six months. After that maybe you won't think you had it so bad.

Old 09-05-2020, 03:39 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,293,262 times
Quote:
That’s how some feel about religion/“god”. Unable to see it, zero firsthand evidence, bizarre. The difference is, COVID has data. Cherry-picking what to believe is easier though, I suppose.
The difference is that you have religious freedom. Don't believe in God? Great - go on with your day. Don't believe in Covid - nice try, you must alter your life, wear a mask, close down businesses, etc because the government tells you to.

And there is plenty of evidence of a God, but that's not for this forum.

Old 09-05-2020, 03:43 PM

Quote:
The difference is that you have religious freedom. Don't believe in God? Great - go on with your day. Don't believe in Covid - nice try, you must alter your life, wear a mask, close down businesses, etc because the government tells you to.

And there is plenty of evidence of a God, but that's not for this forum.
There is zero evidence without “faith” and freedom from religion is not always the case. Look at reproductive rights, up until recently, gay marriage, adoption discrimination, etc. So, I contend that if you can believe in something without any first hand physical evidence, that does negatively impact others, surely you should believe in something that has data to support it, even if you’re not coughing yourself.

So again, the “I don’t know anyone affected” argument is rather funny, not to mention incredibly myopic.

Old 09-05-2020, 06:23 PM

8,048 posts, read 12,311,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Your last sentence says it all. We can't end discussions of any of this stuff especially as it relates to Covid. There are going to be questions and studies of this for decades to come and we should hopefully be better prepared for when it happens again.
Obviously we weren't prepared. This is damn scary when you think about it because: if we react to a virus by shutting down businesses, creating widespread unemployment, wrecking havoc on the economy, and trying to fix it with stimulus money (adding trillions to the already exponential federal debt), then how prepared will we be if something more urgent or crucial happens, such as a terrorist attack?

Contrary to what some might claim, COVID was not an urgent or crucial matter. Yes, a fair amount of people contracted the virus and some unfortunately died ... and yes, Arizona being one of the bad COVID spots was certainly embarrassing & disheartening, but the way it was handled amounted to bumbling idiocy on the government side which solved nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area