Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2021, 09:36 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times

Advertisements

Vaccinations rates are definitely impacting COVID19 cases
This is based on yesterday's report

Case adds by age bracket
Age Today Last Month
Under 19: 22% 18%
20-44: 49% 40%
45-54: 14% 14%
55-64: 7% 14%
65+: 7% 15%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2021, 09:43 AM

30,141 posts, read 11,770,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Fauci said at the beginning of covid when it was devastating Wuhan that the virus posed little to no threat to us and advocated continued travel to and from China....I thought Fauci wrong and he was. When Fauci said a mask wasn't helpful at the start I thought he was dead wrong....and he was. When Fauci said you can hookup on tinder with little risk in the middle of the pandemic, I thought Fauci was wrong and he was.

Now he says transmission is substantially among vaccinated than non-vaccinated, I say show me the data that you used to reach that conclusion and please define substantially less.

In science sometimes things are fluid like in a pandemic. What appeared to be the right decision early on can and should be changed as new information comes in. Its silly to bash Fauci. He has been right most of the time. And he was early on saying this pandemic was a big problem even when others early on said it was going to just disappear by Easter.

Old 03-28-2021, 09:48 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,636,523 times
Quote:
Israel is having multiple times more cases per capita than Arizona in the last month while having far fewer deaths. They are mass vaccinated and have seen a far less drop off in cases than Arizona with a far lower vaccination of its population. Sorry but you are dead wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I didn't bother looking up the obvious ^^. Forgetting that for a moment, I can easily cherry-pick specific pieces of data and draw counter-intuitive (incorrect) conclusions. Heck, I can "prove" with cherry-picked data that masks don't work at all. Some people have tried.
Why the mental gymnastics to push some weird agenda that the vaccine isn't effective? It's been proven so, and using Israel in an attempt to push this incorrect notion is baseless for the reasons pointed out above. The hurdle is going to be these anti-vaxx weirdos that are paranoid about everything under the sun, except catching COVID. Let's get a significant number of the population vaccinated, and watch the cases, hospitalizations and deaths plummet.

Old 03-28-2021, 09:52 AM

30,141 posts, read 11,770,405 times
Quote:
Israel is having multiple times more cases per capita than Arizona in the last month while having far fewer deaths. They are mass vaccinated and have seen a far less drop off in cases than Arizona with a far lower vaccination of its population. Sorry but you are dead wrong.
Apparently you did not look at my links. The 7 day average for Israel for new cases is in the 500's per day. Arizona has an average for the past 7 days of new cases in the 500's per day. They per capita are the same now. If you want to pick a time frame that distorts the facts, be my guest.

Both were in the 8000 to 9000 new cases per day in mid January. Israel does 2.5 times the testing that Arizona does per capita. Even with that they have less cases per capital than Arizona. And less deaths per capita which would lead to the conclusion that Arizona's real numbers are probably at least twice or more what is being reported.

So your whole theory that the vaccine is not making a difference is totally wrong. If you look at all the middle east countries surrounding Israel who are not vaccinating quickly their cases are flat or rising over the past two months. Most of the EU which has been slow to vaccinate have rising cases. The UK which is quickly vaccinating their people have had falling cases for two months like the USA and Israel. Clearly just vaccinating the high risk people cuts way down on new cases.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 03-28-2021 at 10:19 AM..

Old 03-28-2021, 09:52 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,156,127 times
Quote:
Fauci said at the beginning of covid when it was devastating Wuhan that the virus posed little to no threat to us and advocated continued travel to and from China....I thought Fauci wrong and he was. When Fauci said a mask wasn't helpful at the start I thought he was dead wrong....and he was. When Fauci said you can hookup on tinder with little risk in the middle of the pandemic, I thought Fauci was wrong and he was.

Now he says transmission is substantially reduced among vaccinated than non-vaccinated, I say show me the data that you used to reach that conclusion and please define substantially less.
Fauci and the surgeon general knew he was lying about the masks. No one in his position could have possibly been that stupid. re: Tinder. he said, "if you are willing to take the risk." That all said, no one is 100% correct. When you are quoted several thousand times (yes, he LOVES the publicity), you will find questionable stats.

Saying that, you have been known to pull out a single data point to "prove" your point. If memory serves me, early on, you thought low humidity was the savior. How did that single datapoint theory work out for you?

Old 03-28-2021, 11:50 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Yep, and it will be the AZ snowbird's fault. Plus, the double vaccinated snowbirds are going to transmit it to everyone else.
According to the state there are about 300,000 winter visitors in the state now. Most are better than 65. 70% of that age group has received a vaccination. So based on just one shot, over 200,000 shots allocated on the basis of our permanent resident count went into the arms of non-resident snowbirds. If you figure two shots per bird, it is closer to 400,000. So while one maybe can't blame the snowbirds for taking advantage of the opportunity, one can correctly assume the lines are longer and the shots are scarcer because of the decision to let them get in line when there was no allocation for them.

Old 03-28-2021, 12:17 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,722,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Setting aside Israel, looking at Europe, Canada, Michigan, and New Jersey, I think we’re about two weeks away from another surge

Senseless timing by Ducey. Total failure as a governor

There's also this nugget that Mexico has been 'off' about their death toll:

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...&utm_medium=AP

Old 03-28-2021, 12:26 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
Although the NY Times is a paywall site, they are making a lot of their pandemic data freely available.
Here are their numbers for Maricopa County. The mapping they use will show you any county in the USA.
I'm a subscriber to the NY Times and IMO it's the best $30 I spend each month.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-28-2021, 05:19 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,949,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Although the NY Times is a paywall site, they are making a lot of their pandemic data freely available.
Here are their numbers for Maricopa County. The mapping they use will show you any county in the USA.
I'm a subscriber to the NY Times and IMO it's the best $30 I spend each month.

I pay $4 per month. Do you get a better paper for $26 more?

Old 03-28-2021, 05:25 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,916,695 times
paper or digital?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area