Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2021, 09:50 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,651,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
True that. The stupidity of closing down businesses, schools, churches, etc., increasing suicides and other mental health issues over a disease that after more than one year has killed .22% of Phoenix' population.

All that over-reacting over .22%. After over a year. Now that, is stupidity.
A quarter percent of the state’s population is still 17k that have died. Fill up Sun’s arena and kill everyone inside. That’s a lot of impact to a lot of people. That doesn’t even address the other 830k people who have unknown long-term effects to look forward to. And that is with mitigation efforts in place.

Your point that “only” 17k Arizonans are dead is a testament to mitigation efforts and a battle that we are on the path to winning, if people will exercise smarts and empathy just a bit longer. Again, two fights here, clearly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2021, 11:10 AM

15,253 posts, read 12,974,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlurryCat View Post
When would it not be stupid? .44%? 2.2%? 22%? Where's your line? What's your cost per person? What about those who don't die but have long-term health issues? Do they count for anything?
That’s what concerns me. We still don’t know how many people have been devastated by Covid and what we’re going to do to help them.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:15 AM

2,774 posts, read 5,728,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
True that. The stupidity of closing down businesses, schools, churches, etc., increasing suicides and other mental health issues over a disease that after more than one year has killed .22% of Phoenix' population.

All that over-reacting over .22%. After over a year. Now that, is stupidity.

Just wait until the double, triple and quadruple variants start showing up here.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Just wait until the double, triple and quadruple variants start showing up here.
Because of the stupidity of those that won't get vaccinated and wear a mask for a bit longer.

Old 04-07-2021, 12:35 PM

26,221 posts, read 49,066,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Because of the stupidity of those that won't get vaccinated and wear a mask for a bit longer.
Here's a new article with some scary stuff:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/07/world...-21/index.html

Excerpt of article:
"A major study published Tuesday suggests as many as one in three people infected with Covid-19 are left with longer term mental health or neurological symptoms. Researchers found that 34% of coronavirus survivors received a diagnosis for a neurological or psychological condition within six months of infection, according to the research published in the journal Lancet Psychiatry. The most common diagnosis was anxiety, found in 17% of those treated for Covid-19, followed by mood disorders, found in 14% of patients,"

Dreadful consequences. Other news is saying there are more new variants out there with major increases in transmissibility. That's bad enough but if we get variants that have a big increase in lethality we're screwed. IMO it's too early to believe we are getting this under control, especially with all those people who refuse to wear a mask or get a vaccine -- such behavior begs for more variants in a global game of Russian Roulette.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-07-2021, 01:23 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,252,674 times
26 people were reported as covid deaths in AZ today. It is sad when anyone passes from this disease but especially so now. I am willing to bet that most of these deaths were preventable had the person availed themselves of the vaccine. I know that, because my daughter tells me of people who are headed to the ICU and a very uncertain future who decided they did not want or did not need to be vaccinated even though they could have been. And they are not all old. More and more people from 30-60 are going critical. Get vaccinated. It's relatively easy to find shots here now at the state sites and so many local ones. Don't be the last soldier to die in the war.

Old 04-07-2021, 08:41 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,991,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
They aren't supposed experts and bureaucrats. They are actual experts and elected officials who listened to them.
Yet your governor and most prominent congress critter from your state don't obey their own decrees. Why is that? Could it be because they don't believe lock downs are actually effective?

Old 04-07-2021, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Yet your governor and most prominent congress critter from your state don't obey their own decrees. Why is that? Could it be because they don't believe lock downs are actually effective?
Of course not. Newsom had dinner at the French Laundry because he was being selfish. You don’t actually think that him eating there was some sort of an indication that he doesn’t believe restrictions to be effective. That’s a hell of a leap.

Old 04-07-2021, 10:14 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,863,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I spent time in AZ and around here during the pandemic and the overall adherence to masks or other public restrictions were the same in both places. I don't really care what politicians say.

Old 04-08-2021, 01:21 AM

13,276 posts, read 7,326,738 times
The Vaccine starting to be available now to anyone here in Phoenix I just saw a post on Nextdoor local school was allow no appointment vaccines just show up. I got mine already local urgent care had it oddly my own doctor Honor health does not have the vaccine. This local urgent care in run down part of Phoenix had it was able to get my first shot last Monday. I think by mid summer covid be done here if many get vaccinated hopefully by then we can lose the mask get back to normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area