Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2021, 03:24 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,689,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
I get a flu shot every year. The last time I got poked with rusty metal, I got a tetanus shot. I am not afraid of needles. I am not "anti-vax". I am 100% for vaccination! What I am not for is being ordered to take one of a variety of rushed-through shots which are proven to not work, and which all have an array of serious side effects that is many times greater than any previous vaccine which went through years of testing. And all for what would almost certainly amount to nothing more than a bad cold for me, if that.

Let me know when there's an actual vaccine for COVID-19. That means once I take it, I'm done... I can no longer get sick or carry or transmit that variant of the virus. That's the very definition of a vaccine! But so long as it's "BE AFRAID! TAKE THE SHOT, NOW! You cannot ask any questions about it! It doesn't matter if you already have antibodies! Just shut up and take it! Oh, and after you've taken it, you still have to be treated like everyone else!"... I mean, if that makes sense to someone, I don't know what to say.

I'll continue to follow the science, not a herd of panicked lemmings being goaded on by social media, politicians, and bureaucrats.
And this "logic" is exactly why we're still even talking about this thing. Did I stumble upon Parler?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2021, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
When you manipulate the narrative ^^ like you just did, of course it doesn't make sense.

How is it that the overwelling majority of medical doctors, immunologists, and microbiologists across the entire world got it wrong? Those dopes are all in a "herd of panicked lemmings being goaded on by social media, politicians, and bureaucrats." Damn, bro! You won the brainpower lottery! Congrats!

Disclaimer: As I mentioned before, if I was a healthy male under 30 years old, I would punt on an mNRA vaccine and opt for the J&J.
Don't also forget the the overwhelming majority of those dying are unvaccinated. Still, must be a conspiracy.

Old 09-23-2021, 03:26 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,301,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
And this "logic" is exactly why we're still even talking about this thing. Did I stumble upon Parler?
When the same people that ask about a snow delivery service to cool their pool acts like they know more that a worldwide group of brilliant scientists

Old 09-23-2021, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
When the same people that ask about a snow delivery service to cool their pool acts like they know more that a worldwide group of brilliant scientists
Oh you believe in physics too? Sheep!

Old 09-23-2021, 03:30 PM

9,825 posts, read 11,235,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Now, now! While that was funnier than Hell, you didn't have to go there.

Old 09-23-2021, 03:34 PM

2,926 posts, read 3,109,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
The virus isn't done with us yet, stats page.
Link is behind a paywall. Try this:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

According to the stats, this deadly disease has killed less than one quarter of one percent of the population of the U.S.

It has a long ways to go, be safe!

Old 09-23-2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post

According to the stats, this deadly disease has killed less than one quarter of one percent of the population of the U.S.

Yes, that's over 700k Americans. Dead. Quite sad and certainly nothing to minimize. I know, the conspiracy freaks will say that the number is wrong but year over year death totals don't lie.

Old 09-23-2021, 04:11 PM

9,825 posts, read 11,235,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post

The lowest estimate is you will see is there is a 25X higher chance of getting long-haul COVID than from dying. i.e., millions of Americans will have long-term problems with their heart, lungs, and brain.

The biggest concern is brain Fog (Here are some autopsy results) (https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...study-suggests

or heart damage (Here are some autopsy results) https://www.the-scientist.com/news-o...patients-67969

or lung damage (again, here is some autopsy data) https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...massive-damage

But hey, if Dr. teddyearp who is a world-class physician and researcher says we shouldn't worry about it, then I don't think we should! No... Wait! He is a self-proclaimed "Rattlesnake Charmer". WTF does that mean?! Oh well. I bet I know who teddy voted for.

Old 09-23-2021, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
The lowest estimate is you will see is there is a 25X higher chance of getting long-haul COVID than from dying. i.e., millions of Americans will have long-term problems with their heart, lungs, and brain.

The biggest concern is brain Fog (Here are some autopsy results) (https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...study-suggests

or heart damage (Here are some autopsy results) https://www.the-scientist.com/news-o...patients-67969

or lung damage (again, here is some autopsy data) https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...massive-damage

But hey, if Dr. teddyearp who is a world-class physician and researcher says we shouldn't worry about it, then I don't think we should! No... Wait! He is a self-proclaimed "Rattlesnake Charmer". WTF does that mean?! Oh well. I bet I know who teddy voted for.
Nice post. Trying to minimize these deaths or the many that will have long-term issues is deplorable.

Old 09-23-2021, 08:42 PM

8,048 posts, read 12,311,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
I get a flu shot every year. The last time I got poked with rusty metal, I got a tetanus shot. I am not afraid of needles. I am not "anti-vax". I am 100% for vaccination! What I am not for is being ordered to take one of a variety of rushed-through shots which are proven to not work, and which all have an array of serious side effects that is many times greater than any previous vaccine which went through years of testing. And all for what would almost certainly amount to nothing more than a bad cold for me, if that.
https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/Corona...nt_English.pdf

Read the link above. Even though the COVID vaccine appeared to be rushed, it was actually the result of many years of research. The initial SARS outbreak in Asia during the early 2000s prompted development of a vaccine around that time, but it wasn't fully developed then. Had it been available shortly after the outbreak, it might have prevented the spread of COVID since it's related to SARS.

Also, the vaccine has proven to be effective, although not 100%. None of the vaccines for anything else are 100% effective, but they help mitigate the spread, and they help reduce the severity of the virus if a person should acquire it (be it COVID, influenza, or anything else). Currently, the majority of the people who end up in the ICU or dead from COVID haven't been vaccinated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area