Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2020, 09:09 PM

2,623 posts, read 2,356,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenwings View Post
Masking causes humans to breathe their own dangerous co2. Our immune system was built to create antibodies. running away in fear and freaking others out shows people need a lesson on beginning science. but obviously people dont believe that natural antibodies are better than those created from a vax. I watch humans restrict their breathing in stores and I am shocked they would buy into this. hospitals were paid extra to mark covid on death certificates even if the patient had cancer. stats are not truthful. media is running amok. covid testing is also a scam = multiple false positives and even if you got it, most humans recover. the fear is sad. check dr judy mikovits out who worked on the aids vax. she has the 411.
Wearing a mask for 30 minutes to enter a store is not dangerous. Healthcare professionals around the country, like myself, are wearing them 8+ hours a day with no issues. Anyone claiming such BS is just looking for an excuse not to wear a mask.

There is nothing scientific about wanting "antibodies" for a novel virus. If that was the case, 100k+ people in the USA wouldn't be dying from it. It's not that simple and focusing on just mortality rates is completely missing the long term effects of this virus on those who are surviving it.

Lastly, false positives with the PCR swab test are VERY rare. False negatives are actually more common, which would actually suggest more people have contracted this virus than tests are actually showing. You are simply providing faulty information and non-factual information in your entire post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2020, 09:57 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,731,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
I always muse when God-deniers kick against the goads so hard. "With evidence there would be ONE universal religion?" Huh? That's your argument? Even with plenty of evidence humans go their own way.

Full circle: Why people can ignore wearing face masks in spite of plenty of evidence that they may help at times.

If you actually want to learn about Christianity feel free to message me. I was once where you were.
Forget about my atheism and just try to explain this. Based on recent months with church pastors and other members dying due to droplets staying in the air much longer by gospel singing indoors....why would a secular person take it seriously ? Science does not care what religion you belong to with COVID 19.

Old 06-23-2020, 10:20 PM

424 posts, read 237,397 times
So let me get this straight: blacks and hippies can run around and have mass gatherings on top of each other, but I can't have a bite to eat at my favorite restaurant.

Got it.

Old 06-23-2020, 10:25 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,731,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
So let me get this straight: blacks and hippies can run around and have mass gatherings on top of each other, but I can't have a bite to eat at my favorite restaurant.

Got it.
Rural Yavapai county allows no masks. Was just in Ash Fork.

Old 06-24-2020, 04:37 AM

9,830 posts, read 11,237,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenwings View Post
Masking causes humans to breathe their own dangerous co2. Our immune system was built to create antibodies. running away in fear and freaking others out shows people need a lesson on beginning science. but obviously people dont believe that natural antibodies are better than those created from a vax. I watch humans restrict their breathing in stores and I am shocked they would buy into this. hospitals were paid extra to mark covid on death certificates even if the patient had cancer. stats are not truthful. media is running amok. covid testing is also a scam = multiple false positives and even if you got it, most humans recover. the fear is sad. check dr judy mikovits out who worked on the aids vax. she has the 411.
More dangerous advice ^^.

Let's apply a little common sense. Why have frontline workers been demanding and pleading for more PPE including masks? Because they need a lesson in science? If you were a doctor and had to take STEP1, STEP2, and STEP3 exams, you wouldn't have made such a ridiculous statement.

The issue you and other people struggle with is 1/2 truths. If you buy a membrane that doesn't pass air very well and you wear the mask to bed and tape it on with duct tape, I suppose you could have a problem. There are JUNK masks that don't breathe or pass the air very well. I bought some "highly rated" on Amazon (3 ply) masks. I returned them when I put on the 1st mask. The air should be going through the mask; not build-up or pass air over or under the mask. i.e. the masks I bought and returned may have stopped my spit from spraying on others, but I'd be sucking in air around my mask (top and bottom) and pushing air our around my mask. So they were junk AND impossible to build up Co2.

While we are gabbing, all of the people who gave the mask a high review evidentially didn't understand basic science. As in, in order for a membrane to filter, the air needs to pass air back and forth through the mask when you breathe. Thereby being IMPOSSIBLE to build up any Co2.

Re: Judy Mikovits. She is obviously brilliant. And to a lot of people, not very stable. When you are a savant, sometimes you get screwed in other categories. I'll leave it at that. So she has plenty of 1/2 truths in here POV. Enough to hoodwink suspicious minds that want to believe in another narrative.

Whenever 99.99% of the people think something is smart and another person says the opposite, no matter how smart they are, question why you are thinking the one person has the "411"? Connecting some of the dots isn't enough. Here you go https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...ny-fauci-viral

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 06-24-2020 at 04:51 AM..

Old 06-24-2020, 04:57 AM

9,830 posts, read 11,237,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post

Got it.
Actually, you don't get it. If it makes sense to wear masks and not have mass gatherings, then it doesn't matter when and were. Including protesters. Like most others, I apply the standards equally. If people wore masks at stores after mid May, the infection rate would be below 1. Then, by all means, eat at your favorite restaurant without a mask and keep the economy going! Because using this common-sense would have reduced the risk of catching COVID because the infection rate kept on dropping. But we didn't use that approach and look where it got us!

Old 06-24-2020, 06:02 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,093,369 times
This thread is to discuss Covid virus in Phoenix, not your views on religion or national politics.

Old 06-24-2020, 06:14 AM

811 posts, read 625,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
Forget about my atheism and just try to explain this. Based on recent months with church pastors and other members dying due to droplets staying in the air much longer by gospel singing indoors....why would a secular person take it seriously ? Science does not care what religion you belong to with COVID 19.
I assume you have data to back up your straw man example? Plenty of people dying everywhere from Covid; churches don't have a "lock" on it.

Old 06-24-2020, 06:56 AM

6,797 posts, read 5,110,901 times
OMG, I cant believe the situation we are in. Over 3/4 of my neighbors think this is a conspiracy. They are way more concerned about Antifa coming to burn their houses down than they are about COVID-19. And it’s only slightly better at my workplace.

People will believe some crackpot on the internet instead of a doctor who’s been studying viruses his/her entire life.

Old 06-24-2020, 07:15 AM

994 posts, read 976,022 times
People that are dining out instead of getting it to go, going to large events, movie theaters (if they're open) are only making the situation worse. Yes we get it that they haven't been able to do things they enjoy. What I'm saying is find an alternative to your usual that doesn't involve being around groups of people you don't know. Atleast until a vaccine is available .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area