Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2020, 11:34 AM

26,232 posts, read 49,112,227 times

Advertisements

Here's what a Canadian snowbird told me: "I'm Canadian. I don't get it. We locked down early and have patiently reopened in stages, governed by science and reasonable leaders. Stores have a sign at the entrance that masks must be worn. It's the law. People comply. Why would they not? No one is shouting about their constitutional right to do whatever they please being violated... "

Trump held a 'rally' yesterday in our city. Thousands attended with the vast majority not wearing masks and risking acquiring / spreading the virus. Now the rest of us have to be on guard for weeks as these ninnies potentially spread that virus among us.

On the news last night they said that our state set five state-wide records yesterday. IIRC those five stats were:
- Biggest one day rise in infections.
- Highest rate of hospital beds in use.
- Highest rate of COVID ICU beds in use.
- Highest number of ventilators in use.
- Most deaths in one day.

Our Governor finally pulled his head out and let local municipalities decide for themselves to require masks if they choose.

My GOP has gone totally nucking futz ... black is white ... up is down ... Alice in Wonderland got nothing on us these days.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 11:46 AM

6,775 posts, read 5,080,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Here's what a Canadian snowbird told me: "I'm Canadian. I don't get it. We locked down early and have patiently reopened in stages, governed by science and reasonable leaders. Stores have a sign at the entrance that masks must be worn. It's the law. People comply. Why would they not? No one is shouting about their constitutional right to do whatever they please being violated... "

Trump held a 'rally' yesterday in our city. Thousands attended with the vast majority not wearing masks and risking acquiring / spreading the virus. Now the rest of us have to be on guard for weeks as these ninnies potentially spread that virus among us.

On the news last night they said that our state set five state-wide records yesterday. IIRC those five stats were:
- Biggest one day rise in infections.
- Highest rate of hospital beds in use.
- Highest rate of COVID ICU beds in use.
- Highest number of ventilators in use.
- Most deaths in one day.

Our Governor finally pulled his head out and let local municipalities decide for themselves to require masks if they choose.

My GOP has gone totally nucking futz ... black is white ... up is down ... Alice in Wonderland got nothing on us these days.
Tried to rep you, but was told I need to "spread the love" first.

The U.S. is currently in a state of decline, and AZ is helping lead the way. We have a large minority in this country who have no use for facts or science. In my local neck of the woods it is a majority of people. I'd say my neighborhood is at least 3/4 in the hoax camp.

Last edited by hikernut; 06-24-2020 at 12:00 PM..

Old 06-24-2020, 12:08 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,663,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
And the Left keeps going further left. There doesn't seem to be a middle anymore. Extremes on both sides of the aisle. It's scary, actually. I fear for my kids as they get older. I blame social media. Everyone has turned into a keyboard warrior. Half of the stuff they dish out on the computer, they would never say to anyone's face.
The “left going further left” has nothing to do with COVID. We’re talking about science deniers and the anti-mask nuts. That is an alt-right thing. You don’t see liberals making up facts so they don’t have to wear a mask when running to Sprouts. We’re talking about doing everything we can to stop this thing. Only one side is doing everything they can to keep it going. But the protests...

Old 06-24-2020, 12:36 PM

6,775 posts, read 5,080,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
My point is the riots (and irresponsible liberals) caused this. Eating out at restaurants did not cause the resurgence.
I don't give anyone a free pass, including protesters. With that said, your assertion is preposterous. The uptick in Maricopa County's cases began the last week in May. If you asked me to choose an exact date, looking at the graph I would say May 26 (the first day of large protests). In case you are unaware, it takes 2-4 weeks to see the impact from a particular event in the number of new cases.

Old 06-24-2020, 12:54 PM

566 posts, read 575,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
My point is the riots (and irresponsible liberals) caused this. Eating out at restaurants did not cause the resurgence.

Every state had protests. Not every state has case spikes. There's a church here in the area that opened with mass crowds and no masks and spacing right when the order was lifted. Now they are closed for two weeks to sanitize. Word on the street is they've had 400 cases just from their meetings.

Old 06-24-2020, 01:12 PM

39,097 posts, read 51,300,952 times
Several (5 at last count) of my kid's friends have come down with Covid in the past week. None of them were at demonstrations. All of them were at clubs in Scottsdale.

Old 06-24-2020, 01:46 PM

525 posts, read 540,417 times
So I know this has been discussed ad nauseum but according to this it looks like the hospitalizations have gone down:

Number of COVID-19 Cases that are Hospitalized by Date of Hospitalization

https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/e...ards/index.php

What are they looking at that shows hospitalizations have gone up?

Old 06-24-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgirl View Post
So I know this has been discussed ad nauseum but according to this it looks like the hospitalizations have gone down:

Number of COVID-19 Cases that are Hospitalized by Date of Hospitalization

https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/e...ards/index.php

What are they looking at that shows hospitalizations have gone up?
I don't know what you are looking at. The icon of COVID related hospitalizations shows about 2200 - nearly double what it was a week ago and the highest it has ever been.

Old 06-24-2020, 02:09 PM

525 posts, read 540,417 times
So if you click on "Hospitalization" it shows individual numbers for each day someone was hospitalized for Covid. So on June 9 there were 58 hospitalized down to yesterday where there was 1. Why don't these match up to the Hospital COVID-19 Specific Metrics?

Old 06-24-2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgirl View Post
So if you click on "Hospitalization" it shows individual numbers for each day someone was hospitalized for Covid. So on June 9 there were 58 hospitalized down to yesterday where there was 1. Why don't these match up to the Hospital COVID-19 Specific Metrics?
The number hospitalized each day lags on the graph by as much as a week. The county website gives a daily that is better, and the state site does have a bar graph with the total that are currently in the hospital.

Since you are determined to find a silver lining in a very black cloud, you can look at the county site and see that hospitalizations are now about 7% of the positive tests. The used to be about 20%. My guess is this reflects the facts that young people are the ones who tossed caution to the wind and are now the ones getting sick. They have a pretty miserable course from what I am told, but usually don't end in the hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area