Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2020, 08:49 AM

2,338 posts, read 4,717,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
Death is ugly no matter how it happens but candidly it's part of life. People die; exactly when they're supposed to.
As I sit back and observe the current level of civil unrest, raging arguments between mask alarmists and mask deniers, and general chaos I must say it's enjoyable to know that it will all be ok in the end. A front row seat to the greatest chit show on earth is highly entertaining. Messy? Of course but that's part of the excitement.

Here's what I find fascinating: Those in the climate alarmist camp who support population control should be pleased with the current trajectory of this virus. How can you be for population control but bash folks who are directly assisting with your cause?

It's like one team getting upset that the other team keeps scoring for them.
It is a selfless act of lessening your germs being spread to others. A mask in itself does little to protect YOU. So I consider it a civic duty. Of course Trumpsters decide when to invoke bible verses and when to invoke constitution to fulfill agenda. THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR SAME AS THYSELF certainly does not apply to COVID 19 behavior for such folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2020, 09:36 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,278,272 times
Quote:
Death is ugly no matter how it happens but candidly it's part of life. People die; exactly when they're supposed to.
This is exactly the problem with people like you, you think there's no safety measures that can extend one's life like eating healthy, wearing a seatbelt, not smoking, wearing a mask to reduce droplets expelled during a pandemic, etc because some magical fairy has predetermined when you're going to go. And then the normal people get lectured for attacking religion.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:04 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
As I sit back and observe the current level of civil unrest, raging arguments between mask alarmists and mask deniers, and general chaos I must say it's enjoyable to know that it will all be ok in the end. A front row seat to the greatest chit show on earth is highly entertaining. Messy? Of course but that's part of the excitement.

Here's what I find fascinating: Those in the climate alarmist camp who support population control should be pleased with the current trajectory of this virus. How can you be for population control but bash folks who are directly assisting with your cause?

Fascinating post, in an ugly sort of way, and I award it the June "Moral Turpitude" award.

Death is entertaining? OMG. Do you have a set of Nazi death camp videos? They're a hoot at parties. Those 'baby on a bayonet' scenes are the best! More popcorn, please.

"People die; exactly when they're supposed to." Sure. Like all those fine young men were "supposed" to die on the beaches of Normandy or the jungles of Burma, Bougainville, Iwo Jima and dozen other forsaken places, and then there's Hamburger Hill, and Khe Sahn, and ...... Did I mention those 25M Russians we lost in that big beer boof we call WW-2.

No one is pleased with any aspect of this pandemic. Good grief.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:16 AM

404 posts, read 765,915 times
Quote:
People die; exactly when they're supposed to.

A front row seat to the greatest chit show on earth is highly entertaining. Messy? Of course but that's part of the excitement.
I think in other posts you've claimed to be Christian. I'll assume then that you feel the above is acceptable based on your body of Christian knowledge? If so, one of us is definitely in need of further teachings and retrospection. I certainly do not take joy from or celebrate what's going on right now - I find it distressing for any number of reasons.

I would wonder if you had a child or teenager who was killed by a drunk driver, if you'd be okay with the "people die exactly when they're supposed to" line? Or might you think their life was unfairly stolen far too early?

Old 06-25-2020, 10:54 AM

2,788 posts, read 7,451,406 times
Quote:

This sounds like the plot of the 12 Monkeys movie: Environmental extremists unleash a virus designed to eliminate the human race. It was great science fiction, but it was just that: science fiction. Almost everyone I've ever heard advocate for population control has wanted that goal to be achieved by reductions in birth rates, not the deaths of those already living. The desire to manage population growth is typically a prosocial attitude motivated by the desire to maintain healthy standards of living, not a desire to see humanity suffer and vanish.

Old 06-25-2020, 11:10 AM

566 posts, read 573,661 times
Quote:

I don't think it's in any way Christlike to sit back and find it entertaining to watch people die or suffer in any way all while knowing you will be okay in the end. If that's truly your perspective you might to be as okay as you think you are.

Old 06-25-2020, 11:11 AM

811 posts, read 622,345 times
Lol

My My the natives are restless!

Trusting in a sovereign, Holy God I'm quite fine with his appointed time for all to die. Yes, even my loved ones. Does it mean that it's not painful? Of course it can be incredibly painful but my hope and faith in Him is much greater than what any man could devise. Including me. So at the end of the day I'm ultimately at peace and content with whatever happens. I stay in my lane. If something is within my domain, I will be a willing participant to be an agent of change. If beyond my control, I'll pray that things might change.

asufan, Parallel truths exist. God is sovereign and man is responsible and accountable. Just because a person decides to intentionally drive their car off a bridge doesn't mean they're not morally responsible in some way. But that selfish act didn't "catch" God by surprise.

Keep the insults coming. I'm enjoying the banter today.

BTW: Do I find death and sickness entertaining? No. It's the rest of the sideshow that's entertaining.

Last edited by Elna Rae; 06-25-2020 at 11:20 AM..

Old 06-25-2020, 11:32 AM

2,338 posts, read 4,717,389 times
Quote:
Lol

My My the natives are restless!

Trusting in a sovereign, Holy God I'm quite fine with his appointed time for all to die. Yes, even my loved ones. Does it mean that it's not painful? Of course it can be incredibly painful but my hope and faith in Him is much greater than what any man could devise. Including me. So at the end of the day I'm ultimately at peace and content with whatever happens. I stay in my lane. If something is within my domain, I will be a willing participant to be an agent of change. If beyond my control, I'll pray that things might change.

asufan, Parallel truths exist. God is sovereign and man is responsible and accountable. Just because a person decides to intentionally drive their car off a bridge doesn't mean they're not morally responsible in some way. But that selfish act didn't "catch" God by surprise.

Keep the insults coming. I'm enjoying the banter today.

BTW: Do I find death and sickness entertaining? No. It's the rest of the sideshow that's entertaining.
Clearly the invisible man has no power of stopping COVID 19 spread in or out of a church. It is the actions of us here in AZ as individuals that will make or break. Many here reject science and are Trump conspiracy theorists defying protocol. I do not see it getting better here until there is a cure or vaccine that can lessen the spread.

Old 06-25-2020, 11:39 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
Clearly the invisible man has no power of stopping COVID 19 spread in or out of a church. It is the actions of us here in AZ as individuals that will make or break. Many here reject science and are Trump conspiracy theorists defying protocol. I do not see it getting better here until there is a cure or vaccine that can lessen the spread.
Or until people at least pull their heads out of the sand, buck up and help protect us all. I think eventually the stigma against these anti-mask nuts will be more than they want to endure and they'll join the rest of civilized society. If only we could do something about the people taking joy in others' misery under the guise of "belief".

Old 06-25-2020, 11:41 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,278,272 times
You can really begin to see how someone like Charles Manson was able to find a group of people to believe everything he was saying and follow his orders, no matter how ridiculous they were. You just have to identify the right people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area