Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2020, 02:27 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,664,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
This has nothing to do with Fox News and anyone is a fool that tries to imply this is a political conspiracy. You can't deny this is going on everywhere today. Heck, even in this thread you can see it. In this thread we've seen "salon protesters" be attacked for putting everyone at risk of spreading COVID for being out protesting but not a peep about the blm protesters (and rioters and looters) putting everyone at risk for spread.
You’re right, there is no conspiracy. People protesting their rights to get their nails done or even to not have to wear a mask during a pandemic are absurd. BLM protesters are doing so outside, with masks on and are standing up against an actual problem. Hell, look at the fruits of their labors. How many firings, arrests and new investigations have come from it? Change isn’t always pretty. Look at Stonewall for a prime example. So yeah, I think there’s a reason people were pointing out the absurdity of one protest over another and it’s not based in conspiracy or any other sort of hidden ploy, it’s simply the merits of each.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 03:04 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,723,382 times
Simplest way to expose a maskless individual. Would you want your doctor or dentist performing surgery on you without a mask ? Based on their logic..surgeons do not need them either.

Old 06-27-2020, 03:45 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,237,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
I already posted in this very thread that of course they spread it around a bit, many weren't wearing masks, one person argued with me. But the question is, was it really enough to move the needle? Probably not. I would put more blame on people like you that decided to go out to eat in a dine-in restaurant during a pandemic,. carelessly breathing all of that recirculated air vs groups largely outdoors. There's definitely SUBSTANTIALLY MORE people in restaurants and bars and shopping centers without masks than there were protestors on the streets. The fact is, you and Sno are trying to politicize this by not recognizing that but instead pointing out a group that doesn't agree with your ideology and assigning the blame to them.
You really need to pay attention...I'm not blaming anyone for anything nor making anything political. I'm doing the opposite by pointing out it is hypocritical to call out one group of protesters that you don't agree with but give other protesters a pass because they are on your side.

I say both groups contributed to the spread.

I've went out to eat one time for my daughters 21st birthday with her and my wife. The restaurant was practicing proper social distancing as there was empty tables between each group, I've not been in a grocery store or any other public place other than this since this pandemic started as we have everything delivered. I am an essential worker (healthcare) and am around COVID every day and wear proper PPE and have been lucky so far. I've completed several rounds of mandatory testing at work. My wife has been forced to go into a public place a couple times and always wears a mask. I can assure you my family isn't putting anyone at risk due to poor behavior.

Edited to add...I remembered I did go to Great Clips one time to get a haircut and wore a mask the entire time. They only allowed those in the shop that were getting their hair cut (could not wait your turn in the shop) and everyone else had to wait in their cars. That was my risky behavior after four months without a haircut.

Last edited by LBTRS; 06-27-2020 at 04:10 PM..

Old 06-27-2020, 03:55 PM

13,848 posts, read 8,066,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I normally would agree. Yet, I was listening to Sirius XM "Doctor Call" channel today. All the conversations are live and interactive from Doc's from NYC. According to them, they said they have not observed a spike from protesters in NYC.
It's interesting that in New York, we haven't yet seen a massive uptick in cases—but it might just be that there's a time lag between transmission and [new] cases, and symptoms and hospitalizations. [Editor’s Note: A representative for the New York City Department of Health said data on the number of coronavirus infections linked the protests was not yet available, but noted that those who attend protests are eligible to get tested at a number of centers around the city.]
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...tter-protests/

Old 06-27-2020, 04:17 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,734,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
It's interesting that in New York, we haven't yet seen a massive uptick in cases—but it might just be that there's a time lag between transmission and [new] cases, and symptoms and hospitalizations. [Editor’s Note: A representative for the New York City Department of Health said data on the number of coronavirus infections linked the protests was not yet available, but noted that those who attend protests are eligible to get tested at a number of centers around the city.]
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...tter-protests/

Haven't been following this particular sub-thread but NYC contact tracers are not asking people if they've been at protests/lootenannies/statue pulls.

Old 06-27-2020, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Haven't been following this particular sub-thread but NYC contact tracers are not asking people if they've been at protests/lootenannies/statue pulls.
Not surprised.

Old 06-27-2020, 05:11 PM

2,926 posts, read 3,100,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
I get it Teddy..
I know you do . . .
I'm just attempting to be a voice of reason during the current insanity . . .

Old 06-27-2020, 05:22 PM

2,926 posts, read 3,100,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
Based on my age, I’m looking at something like a 2% chance of dying if I get the virus. On top of that there’s some chance of being seriously messed up for the rest of my life.

I’m going to avoid restaurants, bars, and crowds until further notice. Honestly, it’s not that big of a sacrifice, and it’s an easy decision for me. If you want to go to a bar, have at it. There’s no restriction here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
The same here. I'm 62 and keep a mask in the glove compartment of my car to use when I am shopping. I'm also not planning on flying anywhere or go to the moves this year.

Other people?

They are going to do what they are going to do.
And these are personal choices, at least it seems, you two are practicing your own personal responsibility; not doing so because you've been ordered by the .gov.

At least that is what I'm reading here . . . And there is not one thing wrong with that. If you feel like you should wear a mask, then go ahead. If you feel like you should isolate, well go ahead.

I am just against being treated like a child by the .gov.

Old 06-27-2020, 05:26 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,664,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
And these are personal choices, at least it seems, you two are practicing your own personal responsibility; not doing so because you've been ordered by the .gov.

At least that is what I'm reading here . . . And there is not one thing wrong with that. If you feel like you should wear a mask, then go ahead. If you feel like you should isolate, well go ahead.

I am just against being treated like a child by the .gov.
Not everyone makes these wise choices for themselves though. And when they fail to do so, it negatively impacts us all. If common sense were common, your point would be reasonable. It’s been proven that it’s not though.

It’s not like people weren’t given a chance to prove themselves to be responsible before the hammer (barely) came down.

Old 06-27-2020, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Not everyone makes these wise choices for themselves though. And when they fail to do so, it negatively impacts us all. If common sense were common, your point would be reasonable. It’s been proven that it’s not though.

It’s not like people weren’t given a chance to prove themselves to be responsible before the hammer (barely) came down.

And what's going to be done the next time thousands gather to protest and many aren't wearing a mask?

Nothing.

Because nothing can be done.

Like in San Francisco when the city shut down but public transportation was allowed to run because people need it for work, shopping, ect. O.k.

But how do you square social distance guidelines with a crowded #38 bus line?

You can't. So, city officials ignored it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area