Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2020, 05:08 PM

770 posts, read 839,509 times

Advertisements

It's not a coincidence that we are seeing a huge spike after all these protests in that demographic and now those same young people are in restaurants and bars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 05:25 PM

26,240 posts, read 49,134,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
It's not a coincidence that we are seeing a huge spike after all these protests in that demographic and now those same young people are in restaurants and bars.
Here's what I've seen on the TV news.
- Protests, by which I think you're referring to the BLM protests, have a large black contingent, lots of mask wearing.
- The bar scene in Scottsdale, which I saw on the TV news last night, looked totally white, didn't see any mask wearing.

Both groups may have spikes in cases, but I cannot agree that these two groups are one and the same.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 06-26-2020 at 07:03 PM..

Old 06-26-2020, 05:36 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,208,443 times
Quote:
I normally would agree. Yet, I was listening to Sirius XM "Doctor Call" channel today. All the conversations are live and interactive from Doc's from NYC. According to them, they said they have not observed a spike from protesters in NYC.

Old 06-26-2020, 05:44 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,669,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I normally would agree. Yet, I was listening to Sirius XM "Doctor Call" channel today. All the conversations are live and interactive from Doc's from NYC. According to them, they said they have not observed a spike from protesters in NYC.
Neither have they in Minnesota. The protests weren’t quite as risky as some seem to want to paint them as. They were outdoors and most wore masks. Other situations that we’ve seen have been indoors and unmasked such as bars, night clubs, political rallies. Those are the activities that need containment. I suspect we’ll eventually follow TX and FL and close down bars again.

Old 06-26-2020, 05:55 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,208,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Neither have they in Minnesota. The protests weren’t quite as risky as some seem to want to paint them as. They were outdoors and most wore masks. Other situations that we’ve seen have been indoors and unmasked such as bars, night clubs, political rallies. Those are the activities that need containment. I suspect we’ll eventually follow TX and FL and close down bars again.
Actually, you took the words out of their mouth. They were not surprised and the minimum numbers. Also, a limited number of protesters came in for a COVID test (they were encouraged to do so). The data supports their POV. In case anyone is interested, here is the channel https://www.siriusxm.com/doctorradio . I had a lot of windshield time and I learned a few things. I was interested more than normal because of of my son's vocation.

Old 06-26-2020, 06:25 PM

2,926 posts, read 3,101,890 times
Well, I don't even know if this will 'get' to anyone here in this thread, but I'm going to try. Let's look at the real numbers/statistics:

Arizona population: 7,278,717

Source: https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/AZ

The numbers as of this posting:
Arizona positives: 66,548
Arizona total tests: 479,823
Arizona deaths: 1,535

Source: https://covidtracking.com/data/state/arizona

I believe the above source has already been linked in this thread. Let's crunch some numbers.

Amount of tests that came out positive: 13.86% Honestly, not too good. But:
Amount of positives that died: 2.3% (pretty much the mortality rate, just like other 'epidemics' have been computed)

Amount of deaths to total amount tested: .319%

For the readers (and anyone else who chooses to have a mind of their own), how does a mortality rate of 2.3% warrant the fear, etc. that has been promulgated upon our citizenry make any common sense at all? And if you think that is the high rate, how about the death rate of .319% of total amount of folks tested relate?

This is why we 'allowed' our .gov to mandate (order) everyone sick or no, to stay home? To close their businesses? Never have we ordered the well to stay home, just the sick. What the heck happened?? The change of focus and narrative.

At first, near the end of March, statistics were used; and we did have infection rates doubling in a week, worse, death rates were statistically higher: tripling and more nationally and worldwide.

But now, they focus on the pure numbers because that seems to make it seem worse. But it has taken two weeks for the infection rate to double in Arizona. Judging from my link, June 12 to June 26. Not good, but no where near some sort of need to cower in fear. In that same time frame, the dead went from 1144 to 1535. An increase of 25.47%.

Wake up people!

Please, before it is too late.

Old 06-26-2020, 06:28 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,735,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Have they tested more than 13k yet?

Old 06-26-2020, 07:15 PM

770 posts, read 839,509 times
You can keep your head in the sand we are 100% seeing and upkick do to the protests. CA is seeing record number and they have been on lockdown. NY already peaked so you can't compare that. Of course the typical characters parrot talking points.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:22 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,669,627 times
Quote:
You can keep your head in the sand we are 100% seeing and upkick do to the protests. CA is seeing record number and they have been on lockdown. NY already peaked so you can't compare that. Of course the typical characters parrot talking points.
Citation?

Old 06-26-2020, 07:46 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,928,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Well, I don't even know if this will 'get' to anyone here in this thread, but I'm going to try. Let's look at the real numbers/statistics:

Arizona population: 7,278,717

Source: https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/AZ

The numbers as of this posting:
Arizona positives: 66,548
Arizona total tests: 479,823
Arizona deaths: 1,535

Source: https://covidtracking.com/data/state/arizona

I believe the above source has already been linked in this thread. Let's crunch some numbers.

Amount of tests that came out positive: 13.86% Honestly, not too good. But:
Amount of positives that died: 2.3% (pretty much the mortality rate, just like other 'epidemics' have been computed)

Amount of deaths to total amount tested: .319%

For the readers (and anyone else who chooses to have a mind of their own), how does a mortality rate of 2.3% warrant the fear, etc. that has been promulgated upon our citizenry make any common sense at all? And if you think that is the high rate, how about the death rate of .319% of total amount of folks tested relate?

This is why we 'allowed' our .gov to mandate (order) everyone sick or no, to stay home? To close their businesses? Never have we ordered the well to stay home, just the sick. What the heck happened?? The change of focus and narrative.

At first, near the end of March, statistics were used; and we did have infection rates doubling in a week, worse, death rates were statistically higher: tripling and more nationally and worldwide.

But now, they focus on the pure numbers because that seems to make it seem worse. But it has taken two weeks for the infection rate to double in Arizona. Judging from my link, June 12 to June 26. Not good, but no where near some sort of need to cower in fear. In that same time frame, the dead went from 1144 to 1535. An increase of 25.47%.

Wake up people!

Please, before it is too late.
I get it Teddy..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area